Bonn Travel Answers

change location

Bonn-Cologne cheapes tway

by kali2317 Online Now Oct 14, 2010 at 10:59 AM

My question is kind of obvious one, but I've searched a bit over the internet and i god no luck. Whitch would be the cheapest wat to get from Bonn to Cologne?
I know the buss is about 6.7, but, as the bahn site does't mention it, i have no ideea of how much a local train would cost. Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Re: Bonn-Cologne cheapes tway

by Kathrin_E Online Now Oct 14, 2010 at 11:06 AM

The same if using local trains because both cities are part of a public transport network (Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Sieg, short VRS) which unites all carriers in the region including DB's local trains. In other words, the same tickets are valid for buses, trams, underground, S-Bahn and local trains.
    Fast trains (ICE, IC or EC) cost more but there is no need to waste money on those, you'd save but a few minutes.
    The website of this transport network is here: vrsinfo.de/englisch/the-vrs/... (in English).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • abalada's Profile Photo

Re: Bonn-Cologne cheapes tway

by abalada Online Now Oct 14, 2010 at 2:29 PM

You need a VRS price level 4 ticket for this trip. Single ticket is EUR 6,60. Covered are all means of local public transport as already listed in the previous answer. Fastest option among them are the regional trains (RE 5, MRB 26, RB 48). Than there are the 2 Stadtbahn (tram) lines #16 and #18.
    vrsinfo.de/fileadmin/Dateien...
    Not aware of any bus service between both cities. Not enough capacity and too slow. Please note that the express bus from Bonn directly to Cologne/Bonn Airport (CGN) requires a surcharge.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines