Bonn Travel Answers

change location
boocik04's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Bonn

by boocik04 Online Now Mar 7, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Hello, VTers :-)

I will be attending a 3-day conference at the World Conference Centre Bonn (WCCB) on the 31st March and would like to know of any hotels nearby. Anything ranging below 100 Euros a night would be wonderful.

It would be great if the location is nearby the WCCB so that I would be able to walk there as I do not want to waste time waiting for the public transport.

I've checked out a few hotels on the net and found several such as Zur Post Hotel, Europa Hotel & Consul Hotel but I do not know if they are near the WCCB.

I hope someone could help me soon as the conference is just in 3 weeks time :-O!

Thank you.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in Bonn

by Kakapo2 Online Now Mar 7, 2009 at 12:50 PM

I recommend you look for accommodation on the HRS website (Hotel Reservation Service), www.hrs.de

There is plenty of accommodation available at the time you are there.

To find out if the hotels are near the congress centre just use www.googlemaps.com to locate them.

For locating the congress centre type the address:

Platz der Vereinten Nationen, Bonn

and then check the rest.

But the location does not really matter as you reach the congress location easily by public transportation, there is a subway station right there. So you just have to make sure your hotel also has such a good connection to public transport. Distances in Bonn are not really an issue, the town is not huge.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • abalada's Profile Photo

by abalada Online Now Mar 7, 2009 at 4:04 PM

WCCB directions
    worldccbonn.com/Anfahrtskizz...

When using
    www.hrs.com
    give as destionation
    Bonn Langer Eugen

This will list all available hotels by distance from the WCCB.

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo

by RhineRoll Online Now Mar 8, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Hello Siti, the Consul is okay, several VTers have stayed there and liked it. It is not exactly round the corner from your venue, but you can take the 66 tram pretty much from the doorstep of the hotel. In case you go for the Consul, ask for a quiet room, some rooms face the pretty noisy oxfordstrasse. In case you need more help on Bonn, do let me know, I work in the city and live in a suburb.

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo

by RhineRoll Online Now Mar 8, 2009 at 9:45 AM

just forgot to add, there arent really any nearby hotels at the wccb, the only close one is the maritim and that is quite an expensive one, especially during conferences. Bonn is not a big city, and the tram is an easy and efficient means of transport.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines