Bonn Travel Answers

change location
shigehiro's Profile Photo

Monthly pass?

by shigehiro Online Now Nov 1, 2007 at 1:34 AM

Can anyone down here help me?

I would like to purchase 1 month ticket during my stay in Bonn and I came across this website:

stadtwerke-bonn.de/Tickets_T...

I would like to have a pass that I can use to commute within Bonn area, either by streetcar, bus or underground.
In that case, what kind of pass should I purchase?
Is CityTicket 1b a good choice?
What is the difference between CityTicket and CityPlusTicket? and between 1a and 1b category?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Monthly pass?

by K_V_B Online Now Nov 1, 2007 at 3:17 AM

Best bet is to just go to the ticket office at the railway station, and explain them what your commute is going to be. The will find the right ticket for you. Looking at the site however it appears that the CityTicket 1b is OK if you stay within the city border.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • abalada's Profile Photo

Re: Monthly pass?

by abalada Online Now Nov 1, 2007 at 3:44 AM

Bonn is part of the VRS transport authority. Stadtwerke Bonn is just a municipal company providing transport services for the VRS. VRS has also some information in English on their homepage.
    http://www.vrs-info.de/

CityTicket is not the name of a ticket, but for the 1 zone tariff. The zones are identical with the borders of the communities. As Cologne and Bonn are much bigger than the other communities there is the more expensive tariff zone 1b for them. Thus for a trip inside Bonn you need a tariff zone 1b ticket.

CityPlusTicket is the name for the 2 zones tariff. This means for trips from one community to a direct neighboring community. Here a again the size of Cologne and Bonn are taken into account with a tariff zone 2b.

A MonatsTicket is valid one calendar month. From 1st of the month till the end of service at the first weekday of the next month. Formel9Ticket covers the the same period, but are on weekdays only valid after 9am (the morning rush hour).

VRS tickets cover generally all means of local public transport:
    - regional trains (RB, RE)
    - S-Bahn (does not serve Bonn)
    - Stadtbahn (a mixture of tram and underground)
    - buses

• shigehiro's Profile Photo

Re: Monthly pass?

by shigehiro Online Now Nov 1, 2007 at 4:59 AM

Thanks, thanks.

Your information that you provide does really help me a lot.
    =)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines