Bonaire Travel Answers

change location
grandmaR's Profile Photo

Snorkeling Cruise Ship Excursion

by grandmaR Online Now Aug 18, 2012 at 7:48 AM

We will be in Bonaire in January from a Holland American cruise. The cruise snorkeling restrictions have an age limit of 75 and my husband will be 76. Is it going to be possible to get someone to take us snorkeling when we are over age?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: Snorkeling Cruise Ship Excursion

by Agraichen Online Now Aug 18, 2012 at 8:16 AM

I can't say if any of the beach resorts will have that restriction, but there are plenty in Bonaire. It's one of the best dive/snorkeling destinations around. Just head to the beach and on the "main street" there are a number of dive shops that offer snorkeling tours.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Aug 18, 2012 at 8:38 AM

We prebooked with a company called woodwind, excellent tour and at a fraction of the price of the cruise ship

http://www.woodwindbonaire.com/

My review of it is on my Bonaire page. After we were done with the snorkel trip, they pointed us to their affiliate who did mini bus tours so we got to see the flamingos and salt flats.

"Snorkel trip with Woodwind" - Bonaire Things to Do Tip by Dabs

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Aug 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I will second the Woodwind operator. They have been around for a while, and I would venture that they are about the best on Bonaire at what they do.

As for the cruise tours age limit, - the cruise companies have stringent safety rules they HAVE to follow for insurance reasons. But as others said, there is plenty of other choices, most of them less expensive as well.

Have fun.......d:o)

• Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Aug 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I just went over to cruisecritic to see if people were still recommending woodwind and they are, many people say that they didn't get to go because they were fully booked. We waited too long to get on their afternoon tour but then the added another in the morning so we ultimately did get to go. here's a recent thread from cruisecritic, as you can see it is all positive!

boards.cruisecritic.com/show...

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Online Now Aug 20, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Thank you very much - I asked on the cruise critic Roll Call for our cruise and didn't get any answers.

I've signed up for Woodwind - they said everyone that was going that morning was from the same ship as we are on.

They said I could walk or use my mobility scooter that I use to get around on the ship to get to where we would be getting the excursion. I've heard things about theft on Bonaire. If I go in a scooter, is there a safe place I can leave it?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines