Bonaire Travel Answers

change location
ldilauro's Profile Photo

Intro To Scuba Course

by ldilauro Online Now Apr 19, 2006 at 2:58 PM

Hello

I will be in Bonaire in 4 weeks and would like to dive. Can anyone recommend a Dive Shop that would have an Intro Course that would allow me to dive with an instructor multiple times - not just the day I take the course ?? My husband is already certified so he would be joining my instructor led dives too.

Thanks alot.
Lori

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • diver-x's Profile Photo

RE: Intro To Scuba Course

by diver-x Online Now Apr 19, 2006 at 6:18 PM

The shop at Buddy Dive Resort is probably your best bet. We stayed next door at Lions Dive, which I think has gone out of business (?) and spent a lot of time at Buddy's. I found the staff to be quite friendly and helpful. We didn't take any courses there, but I know they have an excellent reputation in the dive community. You can take the one-day course or the full Open Water Certification course and they will take you out on guided dives if you want too. The reef at Buddy's is great too! See the web site at:
    http://www.buddydive.com/courses.html
    I'm so jealous! The diving in Bonaire is awesome! I'm sure you and your husband will have a wonderful time!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ldilauro's Profile Photo

Intro To Scuba Course

by ldilauro Online Now Apr 19, 2006 at 7:19 PM

THANKS Diver-X !

I checked out the website and Buddy Dive Resort sounds like it will fit the bill.

Discover Scuba Diving
    1/2 day introduction to scuba diving. Includes instruction, 1 dive and use of all required equipment. Min. age 10 years.79.00

Additional Discover Scuba Dives
    Enjoy additional ocean dives guided by a dive professional. Includes Divemaster Guide, 1 dive and use of all required equipment.45.00

I'll be sure to post my underwater photos when I get back.

Lori

• diver-x's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Intro To Scuba Course

by diver-x Online Now Apr 22, 2006 at 8:02 AM

Say HI to the tarpon for me! Try to do a night dive at Buddy's if you can. While we were there, there were 2 huge resident tarpon on the reef who took great pleasure in buzzing the night divers at high speed! At first it was a little unnerving, but once we got used to them, it was like going out for a walk with a couple of playful dogs! You see a bunch of stuff at night that you might not see during the day. If you're not sure or if Buddy's won't take you out at night, you can easily snorkel too & still lots to see. Have fun & send a note when you post your pics!
    Sharon

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines