Bonaire Travel Answers

change location

Is Bonaire Expensive?

by TriniGrl Online Now Apr 30, 2005 at 11:19 AM

Thinking of travelling to Bonaire, but wondering how far my budget will go? Does anyone have any info to average prices for basics...hotel, a meal, a beer etc?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • RE: Is Bonaire Expensive?

by Krismex Online Now May 2, 2005 at 2:09 PM

Bonaire is crazy expensive! Air Jamaica is the only company I know of that offers vacation packages to Bonaire. Try their website at www.airjamaica.com.
    Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • diver-x's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Is Bonaire Expensive?

by diver-x Online Now May 2, 2005 at 6:11 PM

I didn't find Bonaire all that expensive. We stayed in a time-share resort for200/night, but we had a 2 bedroom condo and split it with another couple so it was100/couple. You can stay in Bonaire for as low as35/night. Check out the VT member hotel tips. Lots of info there.

About restaurants, I found the prices to be about the same as at home (Boston). You can eat for10 or less if you want, or do it up with big money. I think Bonaire is probably average for the Caribbean as far as prices go. But the diving and snorkeling are way above average, so I think it's a great deal!

• goldenreef's Profile Photo

RE: Is Bonaire Expensive?

by goldenreef Online Now May 3, 2005 at 7:08 AM

Actually, Bonaire can be inexpensive, depending on how you do it! Local apartments can be as little as55.00 a night! Depending on where you are flying from you can fly Air Jamaica or American Airlines. You can also take one of the major airlines to Aruba or Curacao (many run specials) and then hop over to Bonaire inexpensively on BonairExpress or Divi Air. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Good luck on your research! Liz

• RE: Is Bonaire Expensive?

by hubert999 Online Now May 4, 2005 at 7:40 AM

I tend to agree with the other 3 answers you got. It can be expensive depends what you compare it with. With countries like Ecuador, Sto Domingo, venezuela etc food and lodging will be more expensive. But compared to a lot of other caribbean destinations like aruba st maarten curacao bahamas etc it would be about the same.
    It also depends how you want to spend your money if youn want to eat in the tourist kind of restaurants it will be more expensive. Some local places offer decent food for less than10.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines