Bonaire Travel Answers

change location
Caymanbreeze's Profile Photo

One day visit from a cruise ship November 2005

by Caymanbreeze Online Now Mar 20, 2005 at 10:22 PM

We will be visiting Bonaire for one day off a cruise ship visit. We had spent a week there in 1987 as snorkelers. I'm sure things have changed. We plan on renting a car for the day. Does anyone know where the cruise ships actually come into? Any new " Must See " destinations on the island? Any suggestions for a good lunch and snorkeling/diving from a front porch location?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • bijo69's Profile Photo

RE: One day visit from a cruise ship November 2005

by bijo69 Online Now Mar 21, 2005 at 5:43 AM

The cruise ships will dock right at Kralendijk, so have quite a few restaurants there to choose from. Have you tried kayaking the last time? There are guided tours from the Mangrove Centre at Lac Bay. Snorkelling is good from Klein Bonaire, just take the water taxi from Kralendijk.
    Enjoy it!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Caymanbreeze's Profile Photo

RE: RE: One day visit from a cruise ship November 2005

by Caymanbreeze Online Now Apr 2, 2005 at 7:45 PM

Thank you for the info. I'm thinking about renting a car and zipping around for the day. We used to stop where it just "looked good" and get wet, but I guess safety & security will prevent that unless we can hook up with another couple for the day and take turns.

• Caymanbreeze's Profile Photo

RE: RE: RE: One day visit from a cruise ship November 2005

by Caymanbreeze Online Now Apr 3, 2005 at 8:52 AM

Thank you for the info. I'm thinking about renting a car and zipping around for the day. We used to stop where it just "looked good" and get wet, but I guess safety & security will prevent that unless we can hook up with another couple for the day and take turns.

• RE: RE: One day visit from a cruise ship November 2005

by hubert999 Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 1:30 PM

Things have not changed that much during the last 17 yrs. The boulevard at the seaside looks much better. At least if all the lights are working it is very nice at night. Restaurants there plenty of choices now. Lots of restaurants just around the center of the town most of them close to the sea. All within walking distance from the place the ship docks. If you have been before you know there are a lot of good diving and snorkling sites. You mention something about security. I do not think that is an issue. At least not a much bigger problem than it was in 1987. I am not from Bonaire but from curacao and visit bonaire on a regular basis and I just see people diving everywhere around the island. You should be careful though like any other place in the caribbean.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines