Bolzano

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mountain biking this December

Torbole Nov 22, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Hi all. Does anyone know how safe it is to mountain bike in and around Lake Garda and Torbole in Dec? My son will be traveling there with the express desire to mountain bike. I worry that he won't be able to hire a guide and therefore bike alone on trails he knows nothing about in a country where he knows no one.

He has already secured a bike but I visualize mountains covered with ice and snow and unmarked areas with huge drop offs! Yes, I am mom!

Thanks all!!

more
    • Getting to Torbole

Torbole Nov 19, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hi, my son will be going from Amsterdam to Torbole this Dec. How much time does it take from airport to bus to train. Here are the specifics: Amsterdam to Milan (LAN). Flight arrives at 10:30 am. Get a bus to train station. Train to Milano Centrale. Train leaves at either 11:35 or not again until 5:35pm. The bus ride is 30 min. So wondering how much time to allow for getting off plan, to bus station. And is planes are typically delayed and long waits to get to gate, et al. Sitting at the train station all day would be awful. Taking this flight because it is so much cheaper! thx!

more
    • Train from Munich/Milan to Bolzano

by softuser3 Online Now Sep 4, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Hi All,

I am moving to Bolzano from Oslo. I need to locate the exact route. So far the possibilities with me are either via Munich or Milan. Most probably I will be coming via Munich. Kindly explain a bit about approaching Bolzano from Munich Airport and Milano Bergamo Airport. The time it takes, ticket price and your recommendation.

Thank you so much :)

2 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 10:20 PM
    • bus Bolzano airport - train station

by goshe Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 6:14 AM

Please, I need info about bus connection airport Bolzano - train station Bolzano, timetable or links?
      Also ; bus airport Bolzano - bus station Bolzano - bus to Dobbiaco, timetable, or links

6 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • day trip to Bolzano

by Rehanaomer Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM

We plan to be in Bolzano for 5-6 hours, what should we do while there

5 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 4:08 AM
    • Sareenray's Profile Photo

Mass times Bolzano

by Sareenray Online Now May 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Where is Mass said and at what times in Bolzano July 6th?

2 Answers May 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    • train to the airport

by fahlga Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM

is there a connection from the train station to the airport? we are picking up a car at the airport, but arriving in Bolzano by train. Thanks

5 Answers Apr 2, 2013 at 2:58 AM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

Internet SIM-card

by manuna Online Now Jul 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Will I be able to buy an italian SIM card for internet in Bolzano? Or it is possible only in big cities? Where should I look for it?

1 Answer Jul 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM
    • Travel options from Verona/Padua to Bolzano, cheap a accommodation in Bolzano surrounds and things t

by Mrs5131 Online Now Apr 26, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Need information about train/bus transport to Bolzano (from Verona/Padua) and advice re cheap accommodation in the general area of Bolzano and surrounds. We want to make it a base for 2-4 days to use local buses to visit nearby villages. My wife speaks Italian but has mobility issues, so we need a ground floor or accommodation with a lift. Would like information about local villages to see.
      Thanks guys.

1 Answer Apr 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    • CJMWMBG

by CJMWMBG Online Now Sep 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM

we will be staying in Castelrotto and are going to do an overnight side trip to Venice. We would prefer to take the train from Bolzano to Venice. Does anyone know if there is anywhere close to the station where we could park our car overnight? Have thought about taking the bus from Castelrotto, but our train leaves too early.

2 Answers Sep 28, 2011 at 6:09 AM
    • Ven-Bolzano

by eonisiforou Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 3:12 AM

I am visiting Venice in May for four days and am considering hiring a car for a day to visit Bolzano. Can anyone advise if the trip can be done there and back in a day. Obviously we would start out early and aim to return our hire car before 11pm back in Venice. Any advice would be appreciated.

5 Answers Apr 18, 2011 at 9:58 AM
    • munich to selva di val garden

by tayhotel Online Now Nov 26, 2010 at 3:03 AM

Hi
      I'm planning to travel to Selva from Munich with my family. Which will be the best route? Our land tour ends in Munich airport and how best can we travel to Selva.

Other than train from Munich Central Station to Bolzano, is there one from Munich airport to Chiusa, which I understand is nearest to Selva? How can I reach my hotel from Chiusa, will there be buses available or is it better for my family to travel to Bolzano, then bus to Selva.

Appreciate advice.

4 Answers Nov 29, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    • Travel to few Europe Countries, what is the best and cheapest way??

by yingying81 Online Now Oct 22, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Dear All,

I would like to know if I would like to travel to the below countries :

1. Switzerland - Besides the Zurich, is it worth to travel to the city near to Bozen is Swiss??
      2. France - Paris and Lyon and few villages like Turkheim, Kaysersberg and Colmar for Alsace?
      3. UK London
      4. Germany - Munich, Erlangen,Nurnburg

All the above countries I would like to visit before Jan 5 2011 during the weekends and maybe France during the winter vacation.
      Should I get the European Rail Pass, will it be cheaper compare to I get all one by one?

Please kindly suggest some best and cheapest way to for all the countries above!

Thank you so much in advance.

12 Answers Oct 22, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    • How to go from Bolzano to Lago di Caldaro ?

by yingying81 Online Now Oct 14, 2010 at 4:26 AM

I am searching on the net about the direction or ways to go to Lago di Caldaro and nothing I can get !!

I would like to know is there any public transport that I could take from platz walter to Lago di Caldaro ?

Thanks!

3 Answers Oct 19, 2010 at 4:18 AM
    • Any nice winery or Wine Festival that I can visit in Bolzano or near Bolzano?

by yingying81 Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 2:46 AM

Dear All,

I got to know that there is one Wine Festival in Merano and the tourist information guy suggested me to go there. Is it worth to go to have a look? I am really interested in wine and also some good winery too! Anyone know any good one around in Bolzano?

Is it expensive to go to visit them?

Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 11, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    • Train from Milan to Bolzano

by yingying81 Online Now Sep 23, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I am going to Bolzano in Ocotber and I was told that I need to take a shuttle bus from Milan International Airport to Train station then from train station to verona then only to Bolzano, is it right?

I would like to know the below:
      1. How to go from International Milan Airport to Train station ?
      2. Which train I should take and where to reserve the ticket?
      3. If change train in verona, is it difficult and complicated to do? Any advice?
      4. Total how long it will take from Airport to Bolzano?

If I am arriving Rome then going to Bolzano, will it be much easier? Do I again need to take bus from airport to train station ?And how long it will take?

Please kindly advice and thank you very much!

37 Answers Nov 29, 2010 at 10:46 AM
    • Need hotel recommendation

by RoxyR Online Now Aug 5, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Hi! I need to find a hotel within the city of Bolzano for one night, preferably within walking distance to the train station. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

2 Answers Nov 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    • accommodation in or near Bolzano

by himbri Online Now Jul 20, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Can I find accommodation in agritourism type hotels in the Bolzano area?

1 Answer Jul 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    • Buses from Bolzano to Selva Gardena

by powerma Online Now Apr 21, 2010 at 10:46 AM

I will be arriving at Bolzano/Bozen by train and need to get to Selva Gardena. Is there a public bus on that route.

4 Answers Apr 21, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    • Calcio17's Profile Photo

Internship in Bolzano

by Calcio17 Online Now Apr 14, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Hey,

I'm currently a college student who will be going to Bolzano for an internship at a winery. My internship is for 90 days. I'm departing out of Massachusetts on May 15th for Verona (changing over in Paris). Once in Verona, I'm taking a train to Bolzano.

I have several questions about the area. My first is how expensive is public transportation? I'll need to buy a ticket from Verona to Bolzano, and then hire a taxi from the train station in Bolzano to the winery. How much can I expect to spend on both the train ticket and taxi drive?

How is the area for young adults? I'm 19 as it is, and traveling alone. Is there a youth population for me to blend into? Clubs? I know there are a few pubs, as I have checked in with Temple Bar so far.

How often is soccer played out there? I'm an avid fan of the game and love to play, will there be opportunities to play?

Any other pieces of information are genuinely appreciated, so any advice offered is welcomed.

Thanks!

35 Answers Apr 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    • Snow Shoe/Nordic Ski trips out of Bolzano

by RossBl Online Now Mar 25, 2010 at 3:38 PM

My wife and I will visit Bolzano in a couple of weeks (April 6-10). We like to hike, snow shoe and Nordic (cross country) ski. We aren't interested in groomed skiing or lift skiing, but like back country skiing on moderate terrain. If Nordic skiing is too hard, we like to snow shoe. I assume that there will be plenty of snow then (too much for hiking).

So, we want to know about places to Nordic ski or snow shoe outside of Bolzano. Does anyone know of a good place to rent snow shoes or Nordic ski equipment? I also assume that we need to rent a car, but we would prefer public transportation if that is possible. Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 30, 2010 at 8:18 PM
    • Return journey to Venice

by wrende Online Now Feb 27, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Hi everyone. Greetings from England. This is a follow on from the previous thread. My wife and I are travelling from Venice to Bolzano on Sat June 12th and returning to Venice on Tues June 22nd. When I go on the different train sites there are plenty of trains going from Venice to Bolzano via Verona but when I put up the return journey it says there are no trains. I finally found one at 1.05 in the morning but surely people must want to travel both ways! Can anyone please help. Thank you so much.
      Mike

3 Answers Feb 28, 2010 at 11:16 PM
    • venice airport to bolzano

by reganter Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Hi! My daughter will be in Paris this summer and wants to visit her high school exchange student friends in Bolzano. She will probably fly into Venice airport Marco polo-- I think-- then what? She is only 18 so I really want it to be as easy as posssible --thanks so much!!

Can she get a taxi to the train station that will take her directly to bolzano -1. which venice train station is she looking for and about how much is it for the taxi to get there from airport
      2. what time is the direct train
      3. what station does it go to in bolzano
      4. how much is the train
      5. Is it safe?

10 Answers Feb 16, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    • Christmas dinner

by Iriskiss Online Now Nov 23, 2009 at 3:18 AM

could please anybody advice what restuarant it's better to go for Christmas Dinner,
      we are 56 friends adn we are coming to Bolzano for Christmas, but in our hotel Restuarant will be closed on 25th of December.
      Thanks a lot

• BOLZANO IN WINTER

by adolfo1 Online Now Aug 15, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Hello.
      I´m sorry for my English, I will be visiting Bolsano this coming Winter and I would like any advise about good place to do easy sky or maybe alpine sky since we are novice, a advice of what to do near by will be welcome as well, also does the stevio pass is open during winter? does any recommend to rent a car and drive through the country? any other suggestion will be welcome

adolfo.

1 Answer Aug 16, 2009 at 2:32 AM
    • freesparrow's Profile Photo

Zurich to Venice via Bolzano

by freesparrow Online Now May 14, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Can this be done by train or bus, or do you need a car. We want to do hiking in the Domolites while there.

2 Answers May 14, 2009 at 11:16 PM
    • Any hostel (or cheap accommodation for 1) in Bolzano?

by ray_fb Online Now Apr 9, 2009 at 7:48 AM

I'm traveling from Munich to Milan in June and want to stop by Bolzano for a day or two to get a glimpse of the Dolomites. Is there any hostel in Bolzano? Or any cheap accommodation for 1?

1 Answer Apr 9, 2009 at 10:12 AM
    • veigapaula's Profile Photo

Trip to Bolzano

by veigapaula Online Now Feb 28, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Dear all,

I was checking the tips and there is none on the hotel I booked:
      Hotel Ariston - Via Roma, 82

Does anyone have info on that?

About sightseeing tips I already got some catalogues, visited some websites and read the tips here by members.

I have my flights booked already and was wondering if there is any other thing that is useful to know about when visiting Bolzano.

Thank you,
      Paula

1 Answer Mar 7, 2009 at 5:08 AM
    • maria25's Profile Photo

bolzano

by maria25 Online Now Feb 13, 2009 at 9:55 AM

does any one know which cable car from San Genisio, Rittner or Colle is most worth riding in bolzano? as we are tight in time?
      thanks

• veigapaula's Profile Photo

Bolzano ristoranti

by veigapaula Online Now Jan 13, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Going to Bolzano for a conference next March, I would like to have suggestions from people living here or that have already stayed in Bolzano about nice places to eat. In the center, as me and my colleagues will be finishing the conference at Viale Druso and would not like to go outside the city to eat.
      Thank you,
      Paula

2 Answers Jan 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM
    • Visiting Bolzano from Milan or Venice

by GryphonChow Online Now Oct 15, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Hello Bolzano and train travel experts:

My husband and I will be flying into Milan for a 9-day visit with our 8-month old baby in the first weeks of December 2008. We want to fit in a quick trip by train to Bolzano, which we understand is 3.5 hours from Milan. From Bolzano, we have the option of returning by train to Milan or on to Venice or even Zurich to catch a flight to Canada.

Which of the above three airports is our best option after we have visited Bolzano? We prefer a scenic train ride through the Alps, if possible, but are concerned about inclement weather, rock slides, avalanches, etc. possibly stranding us in Bolzano or en route. How likely is this to happen?

Also, we do not want to spend more time than is absolutely necessary on the train. We would rather spend time walking around seeing the sights instead of sitting for long hours on a train trying to get somewhere and then not having time there to actually experience anything.

Alternatively, we are open to making either Milan or Venice our base, and going on a day trip or overnight trip to Bolzano from either city. Is a day trip feasible with a young baby slowing us down?

I notice from the Trenitalia website that many of the Milan-Bolzano trains require a train change in Verona. We do not speak Italian so we are nervous about missing the announcements directing us to hop off the first train and on to the next train. Will there be announcements in English? In Verona, will there be clear signs posted to help us find the connecting Verona-Bolzano train?

We will likely have 3 or 4 bags that are on wheels. Will we have enough time to move our bags from train to train?

Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

7 Answers Oct 16, 2008 at 7:51 AM
    • Booking train Tickets

by shero67 Online Now Sep 10, 2008 at 4:03 AM

what to do to book 2 tickets from Bolzano, italy train station to venice, italy train station on October 1st at 13:00?
      Please help

3 Answers Sep 10, 2008 at 10:55 AM