Bolzano Travel Answers

change location
loriemartin's Profile Photo

Recommendations for

by loriemartin Online Now Jun 16, 2008 at 8:15 AM

Hello, in August I'll be flying to Munich, will rent a car and drive down to visit my father's home town, Revo in Val di Non. We will be driving down to Venice from Revo (via Auto Strada), but on the way back I wanted to travel up the Dolomite Road. Any suggestions on the best route to take from Venice via the Dolomite Road would be appreciated.

We may spend one overnight (someone said to avoid Cortina D'Ampezzo for prices and crowds) or simply drive through and go back to Revo.

If anyone has suggestions, I'm also looking for day trips from Revo (we'll be there for 8 nights). Thank you!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • juzz's Profile Photo

Re: Recommendations for

by juzz Online Now Jun 16, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Hi,

if you want to drive from Venice to Revò through Dolomiti you have to take the Highway A27 toward Belluno, then quit following for Cortina d'Ampezzo, then follow the way for Brunico. Then you'll have to move south, passing through Bressanone, then Bolzano and go straight again toward Trento. Quit at San Michele all'Adige-Mezzocorona.

Here you can find the google map of this trip:

maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...

This way has planty of beautiful place to visit between Belluno and Bolzano, if you have time for some visits you should think about stopping quite often alonge the way.

If you have any question, please ask!

Regards,
    Sergio

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines