Bolonia Travel Answers

change location
denis&susan's Profile Photo

ever been to bolonia?

by denis&susan Online Now Mar 25, 2008 at 6:50 AM

We are travelling through andalucia in august and are thinking of staying in bolonia for a few nights, has anyone ever been there?, is it worth going?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • lifeisatrip's Profile Photo

Re: ever been to bolonia?

by lifeisatrip Online Now Mar 25, 2008 at 6:56 AM

We only stayed in Bologna for one day. There is not much stuff to do there. They have the usual historic buildings in the center of town, the Twin towers for one, the church, and the townhall, but that was all about it. However, the hotel we stayed in was a nice 4-star hotel for the price of a 3-star.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lifeisatrip's Profile Photo

by lifeisatrip Online Now Mar 25, 2008 at 6:58 AM

Sorry, I got the wrong place. I did not see Andalucia.

• juzz's Profile Photo

by juzz Online Now Mar 25, 2008 at 12:12 PM

I was there for half a day and it was really impressive! I think you shouldn't miss that place. The roman ruins are not the only reason why I reccomend you to visit Bolonia, the nature is wild and beautiful.
    I don't know if it's good to stay there with the accomodation, I stayed very close a Los Caños de Meca (see my andalucia pages) and it was a good place to visit places around. I think it would be the same for you staying at Bolonia.
    In the area you can visit Tarifa, Cabo de Trafalgar and other interesting places.
    I enjoyed the food very much as well!

Regards,
    Sergio

• puerto_lover's Profile Photo

by puerto_lover Online Now Mar 25, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Definitely you will enjoy seeing the beach and the Roman ruins. Quite impressive. Not sure about the accommodation in Bolonia as it is really a summer only small place with some places to eat and a few places to stay. Fantastic windswept sand dune at the north end of the beach. Hint - wind can blow down along this coast due to the funneling effect between mainland Europe and Morocco. When it blows it can certainly blow ! So depends on when you go and what your preferences are - like quiet beach etc.

• Re: ever been to bolonia?

by blint Online Now Mar 26, 2008 at 3:15 AM

It is a fantastic unspoilt beach with a large sand dune and some of the clearest and calmest water in the region. The sand is white and abundant.

It is backed by Roman Roman ruins and a few restaurants and houses, nothing more. The rest is countryside.

It is 100 per cent worth going. It is one of the best beaches in the south of Spain, if not the whole of Spain.

I have a photo on my Cadiz page if you fancy s sneak preview: Cadiz Things to Do Tips by blint

And I can send more photos too if you like ;)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines