Bologna

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• late train from Bologna to Zurich Airport

by MNIELDS1 Online Now Aug 26, 2015 at 2:00 PM

The SBS timetable shows a train leaving Bologna Centrale at 22:38 on Oct 1 Arriving Zurich Airport at 8:13AM on Oct 2.
      The train goes through Milano Centrale & leaves Port Garibaldi, through Chiasso and arriving Zurich Airport at 8:13AM
      The Tren Italia website shows the latest train to depart from Bologna to Zurich Airport is at 18:38PM

Can I leave Bologna late (after dinner) on Oct 1 and arrive around 8-9:00AM at Zurich Airport on Oct 2?
      I'm not expert in European trains that involve two countries so perhaps someone could help me make this connection

more
    • late train from Bologna to Zurich Airport

by MNIELDS1 Online Now Aug 26, 2015 at 2:00 PM

The SBS timetable shows a train leaving Bologna Centrale at 22:38 on Oct 1 Arriving Zurich Airport at 8:13AM on Oct 2.
      The train goes through Milano Centrale & leaves Port Garibaldi, through Chiasso and arriving Zurich Airport at 8:13AM
      The Tren Italia website shows the latest train to depart from Bologna to Zurich Airport is at 18:38PM

Can I leave Bologna late (after dinner) on Oct 1 and arrive around 8-9:00AM at Zurich Airport on Oct 2?
      I'm not expert in European trains that involve two countries so perhaps someone could help me make this connection

13 Answers Aug 29, 2015 at 6:51 AM
    • DINING in Trattorias

by Tortellini Online Now May 2, 2015 at 6:09 AM

Please recommend some great places to eat, dine in Bologna and/or Milan.

4 Answers May 2, 2015 at 3:43 PM
    • budget restaurant

by jsam Online Now Apr 15, 2015 at 11:01 AM

I'm seeking a good budget restauarant in bologna.
      Can someone suggest any please?

3 Answers Apr 16, 2015 at 9:39 PM
    • RosalieAgrow's Profile Photo

Two day visit to Bologna

by RosalieAgrow Online Now Nov 15, 2014 at 10:23 AM

On January 3rd my husband and I would like to spend 2 nights (Saturday – Monday) in Bologna, Italy as the last stop before we return back to the US. We are looking for hotel recommendations and activities that we can do while we are there. Thank you in advance for your help.

8 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 11:52 PM
    • Fun activities to do in Bologna?

by shellcov Online Now Oct 22, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Hi,
      I am looking for a fun activity to do in Bologna for a group of 10 girls on a hen party. We are going to look around the sights and markets etc but wanted a fun daytime activity to do on one of the days we are staying in Bologna. We will be there at the end of May.
      Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
      Thanks

2 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    • Public bathrooms in Bologna, Itally?

by Rease Online Now Oct 14, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Are there any public bathrooms in Bologna?

8 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 12:16 PM
    • barber shops

by juha1981 Online Now Aug 13, 2014 at 11:24 PM

are there many barber shops in bologna?

1 Answer Aug 14, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    • bettyo70's Profile Photo

Bologna clubs & discos in September?

by bettyo70 Online Now Aug 6, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Hi Everybody,

We'll be in Bologna this September (mid-to-late part of the month). Can anyone recommend good clubs or discos that play any of the following: electronic/Europop/80s/disco/soulful house? We're not into hip-hop or hard rock. Also we'll be staying in the city center... so hopefully it's a place within walking distance. Thanks/Grazie!

1 Answer Aug 7, 2014 at 12:07 PM
    • carmena's Profile Photo

trip from bologna to dozza castle

by carmena Online Now Jul 30, 2014 at 12:21 PM

dear all,
      please advise how can I go from bologna to dozza in september?
      by train looks like there is no station in dozza. by bus I couldn't find ...
      thanks for your time, carmen

3 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 10:41 PM
    • sewer rafting bologna italy@cornerof Riva Reno

by joebrad1 Online Now Jul 23, 2014 at 12:29 AM

how can I book a sewer rafting trip in bologna.

• ChanKC's Profile Photo

Half day in Bologna

by ChanKC Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 12:25 PM

What are the things or places that I shouldn't miss in a half day trip in Bologna?
      Is guided visit a must when visiting Palazzo dell'Archiginnasio? Is Palazzo dell'Archiginnasio the same as Archiginnasio di Bologna? Are the library and museums worth visiting if I only have half day in Bologna?
      Does Palazzo dell'Archiginnasio and the Anatomy Theatre open on Saturday afternoon?

4 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 5:53 AM
    • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Bologna Airport Bus - some questions

by Kathrin_E Online Now May 2, 2014 at 2:48 AM

Ciao amici,

I'm going to Bologna soon and could do with a few details about the airport bus, linea BLQ.
      I already found this here: tper.it/content/linea-blq-ae...
      My hotel is at the corner Via dell'Independenza/Via Irneria/Via dei Mille. Google street view shows a BLQ bus right in front of the hotel,which looks convenient. Which stop would be the nearest to get off the bus - Arena del Sole?
      I arrive on Wednesday, so upon arrival this stop should be served. However, it seems that on Sunday, when I leave, the route is different and not all stops are served, but I do not exactly understand that information sheet tper.it/sites/tper.it/files/... Does that mean that on Sunday I'll have to walk to Stazione Centrale to catch the airport bus?
      Do I understand correctly that tickets can be bought from the bus driver, or where do I get them?

Mille grazie in advance for any help!

P.S. Links in Italian are perfectly fine with me.

1 Answer May 2, 2014 at 4:38 AM
    • Trip from Bologna to Venice, and from Bologna to Florenze

by mcsuber Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 5:11 AM

Hello! I have some questions about my trip in May.
      I want to take a train at 10 of May from Bologna to Venice. What does it costs from a railway station and how do you think there will be a free sits? Or maybe I should take a virtual ticket?
      And also questions about trip at 17 of May Bologna to Florenze. How about Florenze?
      Thank you!

5 Answers May 5, 2014 at 12:01 AM
    • bologna trip...

by pp73 Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Good morning all, I was thinking of spending 7 days in Bologna with my husband and 4 young children however after reading reviews on this website I recently discovered, I am thinking twice due! I have found an apartment in the city centre but I am now afraid of the 'safety' factor and what seems to be a crazy town…has anyone travelled here with young children? Any tips? Should I still go and obviously be extra careful? Not sure now…nothing booked at this stage…we are coming by train from Venice (on our way to Florence). Thanks in advance.

12 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 5:56 AM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Local trains from Bologna

by taurean_traveller Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 3:14 AM

Am visiting my daughter in Santarcangelo di Romagna.
      I usually get a train to Rimini from Bologna and they collect me.
      However they had some friends visit recently who travelled to Santar from Bologna and they said they caught a local train that took 2 hours and it was direct without any changes.
      I cannot see anything on the Trenitalia site.
      Does anybody know of a local timetable?
      I am looking to catch a train around 2pm
      I like the idea of sitting on a local train and seeing the sites.

I asked this question a long time ago but seem to have lost it.
      Many thanks

7 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • EugenioTheChef's Profile Photo

Reasons for.....

by EugenioTheChef Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 6:21 AM

......like Italy and to dislike it?

More, what's the longest italian word? ;)

11 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 8:35 AM
    • The Two Towers

by justinlav Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 6:35 PM

What is located in-between the two Towers of Bologna?

1 Answer Apr 11, 2014 at 12:29 AM
    • Bolona to Venice by train

by jchubbic Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Bologna to Venice by train. What can I expect? Duration, costs, scenery?
      Thanks, John

8 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 12:29 AM
    • serenazulle's Profile Photo

Cappelletti con panna, Cannoli alla crema, and Erbazzone

by serenazulle Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend locations in Bologna where I can eat cappelletti con panna, cannoli alla crema, and erbazzone? I had these many years ago in Reggio Emilia. I will be in Bologna for two days this summer and I was hoping I might find these delicous foods there rather than having to travel to Reggio Emilia? Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated! Thanks and Kind Regards! :)

1 Answer Apr 3, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Cost of Taxi Bologna to Riccione

by taurean_traveller Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Friends arrive at Bologna airport 2200.

Has anyone any idea how much a taxi would cost to take them to Riccione?

I notice the last train is 2140

6 Answers May 5, 2015 at 12:37 PM
    • good coffee shop around Pza Maggiore where my boss can hang out

by WPatricia Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 8:40 AM

my boss is going to Bologna this weekend and wants a nice place for him and 3 people to meet and talk for 3 hours while having coffee. Any recommendation?

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Airport Shuttle bus

by taurean_traveller Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Can anyone tell me the current price of the Public Airport shuttle bus to the Main train station please?

Not interested in taxis Thanks

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 5:36 AM
    • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Travel from Karlsruhe to Bologna

by Kathrin_E Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking for the fastest and easiest wat to reach Bologna from Karlsruhe. Of course there is the train, but that means something like 10 hours. Doable if there is no alternative, sure.
      However, I'd like to ask if any of you can think of an alternative, i.e. flying, preferably without changes, that gets me there faster than the train.

The dates in question are: arrival May 14 (if I have to take the train) or May 15 by early afternoon (if there is a faster option), return Sunday May 18. Dates are set in stone because I am attending a conference.

Night trains are not a viable option as I know from experience that I cannot sleep on board a running train, that I am a zombie on the day after and would not recommend anyone to be near me - not the perfect conditions for attending a scientific conference and perhaps even giving a talk.

Driving is also not an option.

... any ideas?

16 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 11:09 PM
    • Bologna - Fiorenza football

by joa1313 Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 3:18 PM

We are going to be in Bologna for this game, and I have read that it is one of the best games of the year, the Derby of Appennino. I have read in various places that one can buy tickets at a bank or at the stadium, but I am thinking that this game might sell out (and we will only be there a few days before the game).

Does anyone have an online source to recommend? They all feel sort of dodgy.

Another question: the ultra end sounds like fun -- or should we (older couple) sit elsewhere?

2 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 12:57 AM
    • Good family Hotel

by mandinka10 Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 4:12 AM

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Bologna. I have two young kids ravelling as well. It would be a short atay of two nights

1 Answer Feb 12, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    • Accomodation

by denifriend Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Hi everyone . I study in Austria and i'd like to make one semester in Bologna . I still haven't found place to stay and I have free time in February to check the student appartments or rooms for my erasm but i need somewhere to stay for about 10 days  . Is there somebody who wants to give his room or appartment for rent for around 10 days ? I would like to hear some answers . Greetings from Austria .  Denitsa Veselinova

2 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 11:10 AM
    • nanadear's Profile Photo

Bologna as a base

by nanadear Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Hubby & I are planning 11 days to Italy from Texas. Thought of flying to Bologna so we can take a day trip to Venice, one to Florence, maybe Pisa?? Rental car while there to explore these areas. Then take a train from Bologna to Rome for 4 days then fly home from Rome. No car there, lol. We prefer B&B to hotels, but a small apartment may be ok.
      So - Travel from TX 1-2 days [ hubby hates lonnnnng flights so we'll break it up

Bologna area- drive to Venice for day, Florence for day total 3 days here
      Train to Rome, stay in city and us public transport
      Travel home 1-2 days

I've been to Rome for a very quick 2 day tour with high school kids, wanted so badly to bring him back there.
      Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

16 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 11:10 AM
    • YsP8's Profile Photo

Nightlife in bologna

by YsP8 Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Anything special about nightlife in bologna

1 Answer Jun 10, 2015 at 3:09 AM
    • student accomidation

by crags Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Hi I am Scottish student looking for a room in bolonga uni area,
      I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
      Jenny

1 Answer Oct 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    • Hotels around Central Train Stations.

by samlaghi Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Is it safe to stay at a hotel next to the Central Train Station?

7 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM