Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• EugenioTheChef's Profile Photo

Reasons for.....

by EugenioTheChef Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 6:21 AM

......like Italy and to dislike it?

More, what's the longest italian word? ;)

11 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 8:35 AM
    • The Two Towers

by justinlav Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 6:35 PM

What is located in-between the two Towers of Bologna?

1 Answer Apr 11, 2014 at 12:29 AM
    • Bolona to Venice by train

by jchubbic Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Bologna to Venice by train. What can I expect? Duration, costs, scenery?
      Thanks, John

8 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 12:29 AM
    • serenazulle's Profile Photo

Cappelletti con panna, Cannoli alla crema, and Erbazzone

by serenazulle Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend locations in Bologna where I can eat cappelletti con panna, cannoli alla crema, and erbazzone? I had these many years ago in Reggio Emilia. I will be in Bologna for two days this summer and I was hoping I might find these delicous foods there rather than having to travel to Reggio Emilia? Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated! Thanks and Kind Regards! :)

1 Answer Apr 3, 2014 at 1:12 PM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Cost of Taxi Bologna to Riccione

by taurean_traveller Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Friends arrive at Bologna airport 2200.

Has anyone any idea how much a taxi would cost to take them to Riccione?

I notice the last train is 2140

6 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM
    • good coffee shop around Pza Maggiore where my boss can hang out

by WPatricia Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 8:40 AM

my boss is going to Bologna this weekend and wants a nice place for him and 3 people to meet and talk for 3 hours while having coffee. Any recommendation?

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 9:38 AM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Airport Shuttle bus

by taurean_traveller Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Can anyone tell me the current price of the Public Airport shuttle bus to the Main train station please?

Not interested in taxis Thanks

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 5:36 AM
    • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Travel from Karlsruhe to Bologna

by Kathrin_E Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking for the fastest and easiest wat to reach Bologna from Karlsruhe. Of course there is the train, but that means something like 10 hours. Doable if there is no alternative, sure.
      However, I'd like to ask if any of you can think of an alternative, i.e. flying, preferably without changes, that gets me there faster than the train.

The dates in question are: arrival May 14 (if I have to take the train) or May 15 by early afternoon (if there is a faster option), return Sunday May 18. Dates are set in stone because I am attending a conference.

Night trains are not a viable option as I know from experience that I cannot sleep on board a running train, that I am a zombie on the day after and would not recommend anyone to be near me - not the perfect conditions for attending a scientific conference and perhaps even giving a talk.

Driving is also not an option.

... any ideas?

16 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 11:09 PM
    • Bologna - Fiorenza football

by joa1313 Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 3:18 PM

We are going to be in Bologna for this game, and I have read that it is one of the best games of the year, the Derby of Appennino. I have read in various places that one can buy tickets at a bank or at the stadium, but I am thinking that this game might sell out (and we will only be there a few days before the game).

Does anyone have an online source to recommend? They all feel sort of dodgy.

Another question: the ultra end sounds like fun -- or should we (older couple) sit elsewhere?

2 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 12:57 AM
    • Good family Hotel

by mandinka10 Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 4:12 AM

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Bologna. I have two young kids ravelling as well. It would be a short atay of two nights

1 Answer Feb 12, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    • Accomodation

by denifriend Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Hi everyone . I study in Austria and i'd like to make one semester in Bologna . I still haven't found place to stay and I have free time in February to check the student appartments or rooms for my erasm but i need somewhere to stay for about 10 days  . Is there somebody who wants to give his room or appartment for rent for around 10 days ? I would like to hear some answers . Greetings from Austria .  Denitsa Veselinova

2 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 11:10 AM
    • nanadear's Profile Photo

Bologna as a base

by nanadear Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Hubby & I are planning 11 days to Italy from Texas. Thought of flying to Bologna so we can take a day trip to Venice, one to Florence, maybe Pisa?? Rental car while there to explore these areas. Then take a train from Bologna to Rome for 4 days then fly home from Rome. No car there, lol. We prefer B&B to hotels, but a small apartment may be ok.
      So - Travel from TX 1-2 days [ hubby hates lonnnnng flights so we'll break it up

Bologna area- drive to Venice for day, Florence for day total 3 days here
      Train to Rome, stay in city and us public transport
      Travel home 1-2 days

I've been to Rome for a very quick 2 day tour with high school kids, wanted so badly to bring him back there.
      Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

16 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 11:10 AM
    • YsP8's Profile Photo

Nightlife in bologna

by YsP8 Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Anything special about nightlife in bologna

2 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    • student accomidation

by crags Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Hi I am Scottish student looking for a room in bolonga uni area,
      I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
      Jenny

1 Answer Oct 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    • Hotels around Central Train Stations.

by samlaghi Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Is it safe to stay at a hotel next to the Central Train Station?

7 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    • DECLAN47's Profile Photo

Restaurants

by DECLAN47 Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Any Recommendations going this week-end

3 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    • kenstewart's Profile Photo

parking in Bologna

by kenstewart Online Now Sep 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM

We will be traveling on our way from Modena to southern Tuscany and stopping to visit a friend in Bologna at the University there. Any tips on parking our car while there? Thanks,
      Ken

3 Answers Sep 7, 2013 at 3:34 AM
    • Where to spend the night?

by alexialea Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 10:23 AM

We are 3 adults and a child 6 years old, and we arrive in Bologna airport at 19:10 late September. We have to take an early flight next day 06:50. I cannot find a cheap hotel to spend the night. The cheapest hotel I found in Bologna costs 256 euros for one night. Is there a cheapest way to spend that night? Can we sleep somewhere else except Bologna? We need a very early transportation to airport next morning. Please help!

5 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    • Bologna airport

by agathi Online Now Aug 19, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Just a question to be sure. To go to the Airport of bologna we have to take the BLQ bus from the railway station. It leaves every 20 minutes and arrives at the airport in about 25min. We buy the ticket from the driver. Thank you very much.

19 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    • JonathanS12's Profile Photo

Transport From the airport to our hotel

by JonathanS12 Online Now Aug 4, 2013 at 2:08 AM

What is the best way to travel from Bologna Airport to Hotel Cosmopolitan Bolgna

2 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 4:57 AM
    • Driving from Verona to Bologna

by Sha_Bu Online Now Jul 5, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Is the route to Bologna from Verona safe to drive, I.e., well-travelled, tourist-friendly?

12 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    • faezeabtahi's Profile Photo

a train ticket from Bologna to Parma

by faezeabtahi Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 6:50 AM

How much does a train ticket cost from Bologna to Parma

5 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM
    • CiotlausJ's Profile Photo

Forli-Lido degli Estensi

by CiotlausJ Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 3:27 AM

What is the best and cheapest way for transport from Forli Airport to Lido degli Estensi (camping Mare Pineta)? Thank You

3 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 2:29 AM
    • Niagaragirl's Profile Photo

Bologna, Italy: Three days

by Niagaragirl Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM

My husband and I are ending our European trip this Fall in (one of our favorite places) Florence, Italy. We've tentatively decided to take the train to Bologna (a place we've never visited) and stay for 3 days. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best and safest area to stay? What would be the sites not to miss, and which ones should we skip? Travel guides list the usual places - but we are also looking for surprises as well.

I'd also be interested to know if Bologna is worth the 3 days? Thank you in advance for your response.

4 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 5:33 AM
    • day trips from Bologna by car

by cec327 Online Now May 11, 2013 at 5:16 AM

My wife and I are planning a trip to Italy in early September. I prefer to drive rather that travel by train or bus. I thought that Bologna would be a good base to stay for 8 days and take driving trips. Any thoughts about the plan?

32 Answers May 12, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

Bologna-Verona train

by yavili Online Now May 8, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Hi. I am thinking of going to Verona by train. Is it cheaper to buy the ticket online now rather than buying it the same day which will be May 21st?

11 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    • Transfer from airport to rail station

by astj4d Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 7:56 AM

What is the best method of transfer from airport to rail station

6 Answers Mar 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    • ian1917's Profile Photo

Gym for non-member in Bologna

by ian1917 Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Hi I'm looking for a gym in central Bologna that you can pay to use for one day as a non-member. Needs to have treadmills and dumbbells. Cheers.

1 Answer Mar 15, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    • picek's Profile Photo

2 nights in Bologna or near

by picek Online Now Oct 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Hi,
      I have looked at few booking sites already, but before I make final decision I would like to ask here: where do you recommend to stay for two nights during Fiera (7th- 11th November) that is not more than 50 kilometer from Bologna and affordable (no more than 200 euro for 2 nights for 4 people if that's realistic?? we'll go by car). Is there any agriturismo in that price range?

I know it may be little late but still, the decision was just passed on recently and asking here perhaps won't hurt :)

Thanks!

v.

2 Answers Oct 23, 2012 at 1:22 AM
    • Redang's Profile Photo

Bologna-Ancona

by Redang Online Now Oct 20, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Hi there!

Which cities/places would you recommend me to visit on the fringe Bologna-Ancona? And which ones would you recommend me to skip?

Think of them first, and give me your opinion about the following list later:

- Bologna
      - Faenza
      - Forli
      - Cesena
      - Rimini
      - Riccione
      - Pesaro
      - Fano
      - Senigallia
      - Ancona

Thanks/grazie!

10 Answers Oct 21, 2012 at 9:12 AM