Bolivia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Traveling from salta to uyuni

Bolivia 16 hours ago

Hi there, I am planning on traveling salta to uyuni on jan 2, 2015. I having a hard time finding out if there is a straight bus from salta and what I have gathered is that I can only travel to the border of Argentina and cross by taxi or bus. Can someone help me to make this a little easier to understand. Hanks south for you help. A lonely Canadian traveler is very appreciative:) happy holidays!

more
    • ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Has aynone been in February at the salt flats?

Uyuni Dec 15, 2014 at 8:55 AM

I'm in my planning tour for SA and the best I could fit Uyuni and the the salt flat tour is beginning of February.
      I read that Jan & Feb are not the best to visit since due to weather it can get limited to the outside.
      Has anyone had any bad weather experience? how do the tour agencies usually handle the bad weather? they cancel or they just go ahead and do it?
      Thanks

more
    • Traveling from salta to uyuni

Bolivia 16 hours ago

Hi there, I am planning on traveling salta to uyuni on jan 2, 2015. I having a hard time finding out if there is a straight bus from salta and what I have gathered is that I can only travel to the border of Argentina and cross by taxi or bus. Can someone help me to make this a little easier to understand. Hanks south for you help. A lonely Canadian traveler is very appreciative:) happy holidays!

2 Answers 10 hours ago
    • ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Has aynone been in February at the salt flats?

Uyuni Dec 15, 2014 at 8:55 AM

I'm in my planning tour for SA and the best I could fit Uyuni and the the salt flat tour is beginning of February.
      I read that Jan & Feb are not the best to visit since due to weather it can get limited to the outside.
      Has anyone had any bad weather experience? how do the tour agencies usually handle the bad weather? they cancel or they just go ahead and do it?
      Thanks

5 Answers 5 hours ago
    • Uyuni political unrest.

Uyuni Sep 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Hi, Has or is anyone at present in Uyuni or Rurrenabaque, Bolivia. If so we have been noticing that there is political unrest in these areas and we are booked with Amaszonas Airlines on the 2nd October from Uyuni to La PAZ, Rurrenbaque and have been monitoring 'Flight Board' the last few days and flights are being cancelled in the numbers. Does anyone have any info regarding why this would be happening. We are very concerned. The Amaszonas site is saying nothing... A quick response would be most appreciated. Thank you so much.

• Santa Cruz, Bolivia - weather and vaccinations

Bolivia Sep 1, 2014 at 5:55 AM

What is the weather like in Santa Cruz, Bolivia in September? Are mosquitoes a real problem there?
      Anything one should be aware of from the point of view of health and safety?
      Thanks in advance for anyone who can give me a response.

2 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    • First time to Bolivia....which is the better airport to fly in to to get to Cochabamba, etc

Bolivia Aug 11, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I've spent the past 4 years living in Mexico, and am planning to go to Cochabamba in September to volunteer for 4 months. I'll be flying from Guadalajara, Mexico. I realize I will need to take a bus from either La Paz or Santa Cruz to get to Cocha, so can you recommend which trip might be better? The buses here in Mexico are luxurious...and from what I've read so far, they're not so great in Bolivia. Also, can you recommend which of those 2 cities might be worth spending a week in as a tourist? before heading to Cocha? Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    • trekking in Bolivia in late November - December

Bolivia Jul 20, 2014 at 4:34 PM

A friend and I are thinking of visiting Bolivia in late November - December. Is it as rainy, cloudy, humid as several guide books say? Is it a non-recommended time of year for trekking. As well, how is the weather in Sucre, LePaz at that time of year?

3 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • What to do in La Paz

La Paz Jul 18, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Dear all, I have been 4 times in your beautiful country, but this is first time coming to La PAz. I am coming with my 19 yo son and we will be some 36 hrs in La PAz before we go to Uyuni and more. Could anyone give me some tips what to do with teenage boy in La Paz (please , not the "Death Road" , he can do that when Ia m not aroun hehe:):)).
      Thanks a lot
      Regards
      Darko

2 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 10:47 AM
    • Uyuni to Potosi

Bolivia Jul 17, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Dear all
      I have been last time in Bolivia in 2011 and have heard that some things have changed. Last time I have needed more then 6 hrs from Uyuni to Potosi, but I have heard that new road has been built and the travel is only like 3-3 1/2 hrs now. Can anyone confirm this?
      Thanks and regards
      Darko

4 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 6:16 AM
    • JJfromNJ's Profile Photo

How long to acclimatize?

La Paz Jul 13, 2014 at 6:53 AM

We are flying into La Paz from sea level. How many days should we expect to acclimatize before we can start doing things without being affected?

3 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • Emilio Villanueva the architect

La Paz Jun 25, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Where do I find pictures and information of the Emilio Villanueva works in La Paz.

I have seen his buildings in La Paz, but could not find pictures or plans of his work.

1 Answer Jun 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    • La Paz Airport Visa

Bolivia Jun 15, 2014 at 6:07 AM

I arrive at 0200 can you get a visa at that time or if not when do they open?

• Trekking safety

Bolivia Jun 13, 2014 at 12:08 PM

My wife and I are going to Bolivia in July/august this year. We would like to do a 7-8 day trek, ideally at altitude. We have trekked before at altitude in Ladakh. We have looked at trekking sites on the internet and they seem quite expensive. We have also been advised to find trekking companies in La Paz, but want reassurance both about the reliability of the company and also about the safety of the area. The LP guide has lots of warnings about security.
      Can anyone please advise?
      Thanks,
      Frank

2 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • route including quime, sorata and coroico

Quime Jun 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Hi, I wondered if anyone knew about how easy it is to get buses between towns in the cordilleras and yungas? I want to go to Sorata and Quime and also to do death toad from la paz to coroico. Would it be possible to do la paz - coroico, coroico - Sorata, Sorata - quime, or am I breast off just going back to la paz in between each town. Also if there's anything I'm missing in the region which is great let me know! Thanks

• Place to sleep near VIVI airport

Santa Cruz May 21, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Hi guys,
      i am leaving this beautiful country from santa cruz and was just wondering if you know a hostel close to the airport? i am going to arrive to Santa cruz by bus from cochabamba and also was thinking to stay near main terminal station as i heard i can take a public transport from there to the airport, is that right? or what are your suggestion? i will not have time to visit the city so i want to stay somewhere close to the airport.

thank you

• BUS FROM LA PAZ TO PUNO

Bolivia May 20, 2014 at 7:09 PM

HI, I am one of 4 seniors wishing to travel by bus from La Paz to Puno. We have heard a few bad reports and are wondering which company would be the best to travel with and is there anyone who has stayed on the same bus and not had to change buses in Copacabana. This seems to be where the problem lies with lost baggage, security etc. We would prefer a comfortable tourist bus. Your help would be most appreciated. Thank you

Cardy

4 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
    • Fiesta De la Cruz and Salt Flat Tour in Uyuni

Bolivia Apr 27, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Hi,
      I wonder if anyone knows anything about Fiesta De la Cruz? Is it worth of checking it out? I've heard that it is biggest in Copacabana. I wonder if it happens in La Paz too. Also does it still happen on May 3 this year?

I also have another question about the Salt Flat Tour in Uyuni. I will be taking the bus from La Paz to Uyuni and the bus is scheduled to arrive in Uyuni at 6a.m. I wonder if there is any chance that I can get the tour that departs to Salt Flat on the same day

Thanks so much,

Doan

3 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 3:16 PM
    • Emma12712's Profile Photo

Bus from villazon at night?

Uyuni Apr 10, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Hi there, we are travelling from Salta via villazon tomorrow. If we get to villazon around 11pm to midnight, will there be a bus at that time to uyuni? A speedy response would really be appreciated!!

9 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    • Safety in Santa Cruz

Bolivia Mar 29, 2014 at 8:40 AM

How safe is it on the streets of Santa Cruz?

• M1ssL's Profile Photo

Madidi ecolodges or Coroico

Coroico Mar 22, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I want to do both places but I'm not sur if I want to do 4 days in Madidi & 1 day in Coroico or 3 days in Madidi & 2 days in Coroico... Help!

• M1ssL's Profile Photo

Madidi ecolodges or Coroico

Rurrenabaque Mar 22, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I want to do both places but I'm not sur if I want to do 4 days in Madidi & 1 day in Coroico or 3 days in Madidi & 2 days in Coroico... Help!

• Do i have to stay

La Paz Mar 16, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Hey. I'm going to Bolivia soon and got a question.

I'm landing in La Paz and going to visit some friends in Samaipata.

I heard a lot about the altitude sickness, and wonder whether I have to stay in La Paz for a couple of days to get used to the altitude, or whether I can take a bus to Samaipata right away.

Really hope to get some advices. Thank You :)

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 3:21 AM
    • nyco2005's Profile Photo

Travel buddies for April 2014?

Bolivia Mar 4, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Hi, I'm from Argentina, I'm looking to visit Bolivia in April to get my head off from work a little. As I couldn't match my travel plans with other friends, I was wondering about any forums or websites I could seach for other travellers going to Bolivia as well. Anyone knows any? I registered at TravelBuddy, but due to Argentinean goverment restrictions, I'm not able to make online payment for the registration to contact other users.
      Thank you!

4 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    • clmetal's Profile Photo

Short trip to Uyuni

Bolivia Feb 23, 2014 at 6:27 AM

We will be in Santa Cruz for 2 weeks in June. We are doing a lot of things so we want to make our trip to Uyuni as short as possible.

Thinking of flying to Potosi on aerocon on a Saturday, taking a bus to Uyuni early on Sunday and flying back from Uyuni to Santa Cruz on amaszonas at 3pm on Tuesday. That would give us roughly 2 days in Uyuni but 2 of the days would be half days with only one full day.

Is that impossible? And for lodging and tours, is it something we should book ahead of time or search around when we get there? Otherwise, any suggestions?

thanks

1 Answer May 10, 2014 at 4:42 AM
    • Planning to salar de uyuni

Uyuni Feb 14, 2014 at 9:03 PM

I will arrived to Santiago around 25th February, and plan to go salar de uyuni later on through San Pedro de atacama.
      Any transportation? What is the schedule and price?

4 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    • Rurrenabaque accommodation

Rurrenabaque Feb 7, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Hi can anyone who has been to Rurrenabaque recently recommend any reasonably priced accommodation with private bathroom and also good places to eat. We will be travelling in early October.

Thank you in anticipation.

• To go from Villazon (border city with Argentina) to UYUNI (and return)

Uyuni Jan 31, 2014 at 2:26 PM

It is quite easy to see that they are a few trains (only 4 each week) just to joint both cities. Villazon to Uyuni only the Monday, Wenesday, Thursday and Sunday.
      Do you know some buses doing this trip?. Some other way to do this (perhaps to rent a car in Villazon?
      Thanks for your help.
      Romà Massot
      Barcelona

2 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 1:19 AM
    • death road

Bolivia Jan 28, 2014 at 4:57 PM

can u tale a bus from La Paz over the pass and back in one day

2 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 4:49 PM
    • Uyuni Salt Flats in February

Uyuni Jan 22, 2014 at 2:26 PM

How cold does it get during the day and at night in early February? Trying to pack accordingly but also lightly. Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 22, 2014 at 10:55 PM
    • massot's Profile Photo

Salar de Uyuni

Uyuni Jan 16, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I will be there next month (27th). Someone from this region said me that to visit the salar and the lagunas, from Uyuni town, two days is a very good option.

Please, do you know a good agency to do it? A lodging in Uyuni and the other side of the salar?
      You are very kind, dear VT travellers.
      Thanks
      Roma of Barcelona

13 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 2:03 AM
    • Flights from La Paz to Buenos Aires

La Paz Jan 14, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Hi
      What airlines fly from la paz to buenos aires
      Are there any direct flights?
      Thanks

3 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 6:16 PM