Bol Travel Answers

change location

Getting from Hvar Town to Bol?

by WavyD Online Now Jul 19, 2006 at 11:05 AM

Hi

We'll be staying in Hvar Town until Monday 21st August, and then want to get to Bol on Brac on that day.

I've seen that there's a boat from Jelsa to Bol at about 6am, but I'd have to get from Hvar Town to Jelsa by 6am to catch it. Do buses run at that time of day? I assume not. If not, is it easy to get a taxi at that time of day, and what time would I need to leave Hvar Town?

I'd rather avoid using the 6am boat if possible and go later in the day.

Does anyone have any good ideas of how I can get there? For example, can I use any other lines from either Hvar Town, or Stari Grad instead? Or maybe arrive at a different part of Brac and travel from there to Bol?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Valadelphia's Profile Photo

RE: Getting from Hvar Town to Bol?

by Valadelphia Online Now Jul 20, 2006 at 7:27 AM

not sure about the buses that early, but a taxi would be pricey (If I remember correctly it was almost 100 kuna, but I am really bad at remembering such things) and take about 45 minutes. You can go from Hvar or Stari Grad to Split, and from there to Bol or Supetar (then take bus to Bol from Supetar). It's not so bad (I'd really prefer that to a 4am wake up myself), and that's a good opportunity to see Split if you haven't looked around there before. See Diocletian's Palace, get some ice cream, then head off on another ferry.
    Check out the schedules at jadrolinija's website, also check for alternatives on Blue Line or SEM ferries.
    good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Getting from Hvar Town to Bol?

by WavyD Online Now Jul 20, 2006 at 1:08 PM

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Looking round I've managed to find a few other options, and in case anyone ends up on this post looking for similar info, if put them below

Anyway thanks again for your reply. We've decided on using the Blue Line at 08:30 boat, and if I hadn't bumped into their website your suggestion would have led me to them, so I appreciate it.

Dave

Jelsa to Bol - Monday Wednesday & Friday @ 17:15 with Blue Line
    Hvar Town to Bol - Monday Wednesday & Friday @ 08:30 with Blue Line
    Hvar Town to Bol - Tuesday only @ 13:00 with Jadrolinija

As well as these, I've been told that excursion boats go pretty much daily from Jelsa, and also sometime from Hvar Town. But I think these go to Zlatni Rat beach, and we didn't fancy jumping off the boat and wading onto the beach with our suitcases, lol.

This website also refers to taxi boats that go from Jelsa to Bol, but I didn't managed to find any specific times or prices, but I get the impression they are expensive ...
    jelsa-online.com/_en/usluge....

• Stine620's Profile Photo

Re: Getting from Hvar Town to Bol?

by Stine620 Online Now Jul 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Hello!
    Was on Hvar in late June, and we took a day trip to the Bol. We took this quite the kick and found that there was no direct boats at the time, so we rented a speed boat heels with a driver who drove us over, show we wanted to go home before we could call a driver and he drove us where we lost and when we want it.
    This cost about 2,000 kuna!

enjoy your days on Hvar!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines