Bol Travel Answers

change location

Hostels/Camping in Bol

by JPULSFORD Online Now Jun 21, 2006 at 2:02 AM

Hi,

I am going to Bol for 3 days next week with my boyfriend. Initially we wanted to camp, I found a campsite called Njiva which I emailed but never got a reply. But I can't seem to find any hostels online there.
Do you think we have a good chance of getting anywhere to stay (which is not expensive) if we just turn up?
Also, one other quick question, as we arrive in split, could we book all our ferries at one office on the day of arrival because we are travelling to a set plan (need to be in serbia for exit festival) I am worried we are going to get stuck on an island if all ferries are booked up!

Many Thanks for all the help you have given me, you are great!!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • CyberCroat's Profile Photo

RE: Hostels/Camping in Bol

by CyberCroat Online Now Jun 21, 2006 at 7:17 AM

Think there is no hostel in Bol. Check out this site with various Bol accommodation options (the cheapest: private rooms, but also apartments, guesthouses, camps, etc.)
    http://www.bol.hr/#

If you're a foot passenger, no need to book your ferry tickets in advance. Still, if you're sure about the schedule, why not.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bobuk's Profile Photo

RE: Hostels/Camping in Bol

by bobuk Online Now Jun 21, 2006 at 10:21 PM

I have just got back from Croatia and I visited BOL. I actually went there from the island called Hvar. There is no ferry that goes directly from Hvar to Bol but you can book an excursion ferry (with agency called Atlas) which includes a fish meal and then simply don't return to Hvar (more expensive option though as this will cost 220 KR / 22 pounds).
    Anyway, if you go to the tourist office about 100 yards to the right of the ferry terminal (opposite direction to the beach) you can get a private room easily. Mine only cost 90Kr (9 pounds !) and seemingly no commission to the agency (although they probably get something from the owner). But accommodation was o.k and cheap.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines