change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Odd sights in Bojnice Castle

by GentleSpirit Online Now Oct 19, 2011 at 7:56 AM

I recently visited Bojnice castle and saw something very strange when looking at the sarcophagus they show you at the end of the tour. If you look closely on the ends of the sarcophagus....on each end of the cross there is what appears to be the figure of a monkey....can anyone explain this?

4 Answers Oct 26, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    • Candlelight tour at Bojnice castle

by skj Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 12:39 PM

I'm wondering how photographic the candlelight tour of the castle is. It sounds really neat, but if it's going to be dark, it might not be good for taking pictures of the rooms and architecture. So I'm wondering if I should book a day tour in addition to a night tour? Or will the night tour be the exact same tour as the day, only by candlelight? Thanks if anyone knows.

3 Answers Jun 5, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    • Charlotte-James's Profile Photo

Wooden Rafting in Bojnice

by Charlotte-James Online Now Aug 16, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Can anyone tell me where they do the wooden rafting down the river. I can't see much about it apart from reading about it on a tour site. I think it was rafting down the River Vuh?

Thank-You.

Charlotte :)

1 Answer Aug 17, 2007 at 5:00 AM

Restaurants in Bojnice.

by Charlotte-James Online Now Aug 16, 2007 at 12:29 AM

Can anyone recommend any good restaurants in Bojnice?! Any type of food as long as it's nice.

Thank-you.

Charlotte :)

How to get form Bratislava to Bojnice via Cicancy and the wooden Bethlehem, Rajecka Lesna

by Charlotte-James Online Now Aug 13, 2007 at 12:55 AM

Hello. My partner and I are planning to travel up on the Saturday morning. Some people have recommended a trip to Cicany on the way and the wooden Bethlehem.

I was wondering how we can travel as we don't have a car here? Do we go to Bojnice first?

Charlotte:)

1 Answer Aug 13, 2007 at 4:30 PM
    • Train vs. Bus to Bojnice

by cake4fun Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 5:09 PM

I'm traveling to a friend's wedding in Bojnice, Slovakia. I'll be leaving from Vienna on Wednesday, July 19th, and would like to take the train or bus to Bojnice. Which mode of transportation would be the quickest and most reliable? Where can I get schedules in English? Do you know the cost of train vs. bus?

Thank you for any help you can offer!

2 Answers Jun 23, 2007 at 1:25 PM
    • -=Questions=-

by Metroid Online Now Apr 18, 2006 at 1:09 PM

Hi,
      Can someone tell me the price and travel time to go from Bojnice to Cachtice on either Oct 1 or 2nd by BUS or TAXI? I want to spend the day there. How do you pronounce Cachtice? Is there a english site that you can check train/bus schedules?

Thanks!
      D

3 Answers Apr 18, 2006 at 3:24 PM
    • Suggestions??

by pcsqueen Online Now Aug 26, 2005 at 5:46 AM

I'll be accompanying my husband on his business trip to Bojnice during the first week in September. I'll be spending three full days in town.
      Unfortunately, the town's web site doesn't have an English translation, so that's of no help.
      Other than the castle and zoo, can anyone make any recommendations for things to do?
      I'm staying at the Hotel Pod Zamkom, which looks pretty nice and seems to have a good gym and fitness center.

I'm looking forward to not only taking in the cultural aspects of the town, but also getting in some decent workouts - and some good, very long, walks. Any suggestions on that would be welcome, too.

1 Answer Aug 26, 2005 at 2:29 PM
    • Money?

by congotom Online Now Jun 30, 2004 at 5:48 PM

Should I bring any dollars with me this summer? I will be traveling to Prague, Bojnice and the High Tatras. Is it best to go to the ATM each day and take out what I need? Are travelers checks a waste of time? Also, can I spend Czech money in Slovakia?

5 Answers Apr 15, 2007 at 10:27 PM
    • bus travel

by congotom Online Now May 25, 2004 at 5:04 PM

My wife and I will be staying in Bojnice for several days in August and will have arrived by bus from Prague. I would like to visit at least one more area such as the High Tatras for several days. Is this area reachable by bus or would I have to rent a car?

9 Answers Jun 8, 2004 at 11:45 PM