change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• skinnyminnie's Profile Photo

Tramping in Boise

by skinnyminnie Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Are there any hiking/tramping groups I could join in, with in Boise, as keen tramper visiting from New Zealand in September. Thanks

1 Answer Apr 5, 2014 at 11:26 AM
    • Travelling this winter period - 7 Feb 2014. Need some advice.

by KenAragorn Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Hello there,

I'm going to Boise this coming Fri and will be there for about 1 week. Some questions that would like to ask the expect/local here....
      1. What to pack? I mean I know is quite cold now over there, but can a normal sport shoes able to withstand the cold?
      2. I'll be arriving around 5.15pm (airport) and assuming there is no delay in my flight from Portland, should I take my dinner at the airport or head out to the downtown? Restaurant close at 9pm/10pm?
      3. Apart from skiing activities, anything else that I can do (since it is winter time)? Saw some people shared about winter visit to Craters of the Moon. Not sure is there any other place...probably this is the best place to ask.

Thanks!

6 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Accomodation

by skinnyminnie Online Now Sep 26, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Hi,We are looking for accomodation near to Franklin Park Drive.We would rather be out of the central city area and close to friends who live there. Any ideas for about May?? Middle price range.

3 Answers Oct 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM

How to get there

by skinnyminnie Online Now Jul 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I want to travel from Boise to Yellowstone (return) in May - not keen on driving. Are there any bus trips or other organised tours in that area?
      Hasanone got any ideas.

5 Answers Jul 29, 2012 at 8:38 AM
    • samtin's Profile Photo

Exploring Boise and the Sawtooth : camping and hiking

by samtin Online Now Jan 4, 2011 at 6:53 AM

Hi

Sam from England here! This summer we planning on driving up from Tahoe to the Boise/Sawtooth area. This will be part of a longer road trip (camping, hiking and sightseeing) starting in San Francisco and spending time in the Sierra Nevada (probably Mammoth Lakes Basin), Lake Tahoe etc. We want to spend a night in Boise and then up to four nights or so camping and day hiking in the Sawtooth. My question is: can anyone recommend a nice campground (we prefer quiet/non-commercial/scenic) which would A) make a good base for some of the best hikes in the area (we like to do long, serious hikes - up to 20 miles) and are very experienced) B) not be too far from civilization if we want a decent choise of groceries to stock up on, a coffee shop or even to eat out. I was thinking maybe somewhere near Ketchum as Stanley looks very small but I would love some advice from anyone who knows the area. Thanks, Sam

8 Answers Apr 20, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    • Moving to Boise

by Paix607 Online Now Feb 19, 2010 at 8:38 AM

My fiance and I are looking into moving to Boise, Idaho. Neither of us have ever been there. We are looking at houses on rentalhouses.com right now, but we want to know which neighborhoods are nice places to live in and which ones we should avoid. We love the outdoors so any proximity to parks or Boise's greenbelt would be great.

Also, I've read that Boise has a very Pacific Northwest feel to it... is this true? Or is it more like a rocky mountain town along the lines of Casper, Wyoming or Denver, Colorado? I'll be flying in for a job interview a week from today...any places I should check out while I'm there? Any advice you can offer me would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 19, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    • cottonwood's Profile Photo

Luggage storage at or near the airport?

by cottonwood Online Now Sep 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Anyone know of a Luggage storage at or near the main Boise Airport that could hold Luggage for a 24 hour time period? Something like even a hotel that might do it? It seems the actual Airport doesn't have anything according to their website. Just curiouse.

1 Answer Sep 17, 2009 at 10:31 AM
    • sunset17's Profile Photo

Boise to Yellowstone

by sunset17 Online Now Apr 20, 2007 at 6:18 PM

Hello! I am planning a week long trip to Boise in June. I would like to fit in a 2 day trip to Yellowstone National Park. I have figured out that it would be approx a 9 hour road trip to the park. In order to save time (and unfortunately probably miss a lot of scenic sites along the way) I have been wondering if they are flights available to the area and has anyone ever used them or have suggestions where I can get information? I haven't been able to find anything online. Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 21, 2007 at 6:23 AM
    • borntotravel's Profile Photo

Driving time from Boise to West Yellowstone Montana

by borntotravel Online Now Apr 13, 2007 at 5:46 AM

Hello,

I plan to fly to Boise in late May and would like to drive to West Yellowstone. Can anyone please tell me the approximate driving time it will take. Also, does anyone have any recommendations on stops on the way I should make to see the great state of Idaho?

Thank you,
      Barry

4 Answers Feb 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    • tell me about boise?

by casteins Online Now Aug 29, 2006 at 12:01 PM

We have been researching Boise as a place to relocate with our family and would like to hear about it from someone who has lived there for awhile. Is it a good place to raise kids? Are the schools good? How is the weather? Traffic? Shopping? etc. We are currently living in Las Vegas and aren't very impressed! We are originally from San Diego. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2 Answers Sep 21, 2006 at 3:36 PM
    • charlize's Profile Photo

All about Boise

by charlize Online Now Jul 9, 2006 at 2:37 PM

Hi, I appreciate all answers to this question. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the safer areas of Boise, the areas to somewhat avoid, and the areas to avoid all together. A friend of mine got a job transfer to Boise so on her behalf just looking for a decent place in Boise to rent an apartment and overall learn the good and bad about Boise. Thank you so much!

1 Answer Aug 15, 2009 at 5:33 PM
    • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

idaho trip stopping suggestions

by bocmaxima Online Now May 12, 2006 at 8:55 AM

Hi all and thanks for reading.
      First off, this is mainly a question for those who do NOT live in Boise, as I think the answer from those who do would be "Yes!" out of hometown bias.
      I have a pretty extensive trip planned where I'm driving with someone to Boulder, and then spending a few days driving alone through Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, into Utah, and then back to Arizona. I've never been to the former three.
      It's a long trip, and I want to create that unique balance between not rushing too much and still seeing as much as possible.
      I've heard mixed things about Boise. I would like to at least check it out, but it's not exactly on my route, and would be about a 4 hour detour west. So would it be worth the effort and time to go for it?
      Also, I would be using the back route from Missoula to Boise via Salmon. Anything I shouldn't miss on the way? If I skip Boise, I would still use that route and head to Salt Lake.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers May 25, 2006 at 3:04 PM
    • driving questions for trip from Seattle to Boise

by gsamowitz Online Now Oct 13, 2005 at 9:57 AM

Hi,
      We're planning to travel to Boise from Seattle around Thanksgiving. Airfare seems kind of pricey for a 8 hour drive, but I am concerned about snow. I have no idea what mountain passes and elevation will be. We plan to leave around 11/22 and return 11/29. MApquest has us travelling from Yakima on I-82 and then merging onto I-84 in Pendleton Oregon until we hit I-184 in Boise. Is this the best route? What kind of terrain will there be? Should we concerned with snow. I drive a front wheel drive Saturn. Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Nov 21, 2005 at 9:40 AM
    • I need some company the week of 1/15-1/21

by chazzworth Online Now Jan 14, 2005 at 11:20 AM

I'll be staying in town and working for the week, and would love some company for dinner(s) and whatever in the evenings. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks, Chuck

• The REAL boise Idaho

by ajlewis Online Now Nov 11, 2004 at 8:12 AM

Dear Travel Forum, Recently i've been reading as much info about Boise Idaho as I can. I've read many good things about the town and people, yet I've also read some disturbing facts about racism and hate groups. I'm concerned because I'm a person of color . I might want to move to Bosie, and feel some concern. Can anyone offer some REAL advice and helpful information about the city. What is the feeling of the place, the people, the surroundings? Will I feel a friendly society or cold shoulder one? How is the economy and jobs? I always put my best forward and people like me, so I'm not too worried, though I want as much information as I can get. I may take a trip out to there first. my email is annavetla@yahoo.co.uk or annavetla@gmail.com Best to All, Alan

4 Answers May 31, 2005 at 11:41 AM
    • Decent hotel in downtown Boise?

by Pizle Online Now Dec 30, 2003 at 5:48 PM

If anyone could recommend a decent and fairly inexpensive hotel (or motel) in downtown Boise, it would be greatly appreciated. We have a book of Motel's 6's and Travel Lodges but we don't know exactly where they are in relation to the center of the city. Thanks so much.. JP

3 Answers Feb 28, 2004 at 5:56 PM
    • Boise nightlife?

by Pizle Online Now Nov 6, 2003 at 9:17 AM

Me and a few buddies are planning a X-Country road trip that will bring us through Boise hopefully. Any suggestions on nightlife for a bunch of college kids from New York?

5 Answers Mar 30, 2005 at 10:34 PM
    • Relocating to Boise

by klc364 Online Now Jul 27, 2003 at 10:45 PM

I am from Florida, but considering a move to Boise. Can anyone comment on the weather there? I was under the impression that there were four distinct seasons with adequate snowfall for the kids to sled etc. Is this corrrect?

5 Answers Aug 2, 2003 at 10:00 PM