Boise Travel Answers

change location

Moving to Boise

by Paix607 Online Now Feb 19, 2010 at 8:38 AM

My fiance and I are looking into moving to Boise, Idaho. Neither of us have ever been there. We are looking at houses on rentalhouses.com right now, but we want to know which neighborhoods are nice places to live in and which ones we should avoid. We love the outdoors so any proximity to parks or Boise's greenbelt would be great.

Also, I've read that Boise has a very Pacific Northwest feel to it... is this true? Or is it more like a rocky mountain town along the lines of Casper, Wyoming or Denver, Colorado? I'll be flying in for a job interview a week from today...any places I should check out while I'm there? Any advice you can offer me would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Re: Moving to Boise

by Dymphna1 Online Now Feb 19, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Boise is a beautiful city - one of the nicer ones in the country with low crime rate. It has parks all over. I lived there as a little girl and can remember going to the zoo that is in one of the parks. There is also a river that runs through it that people will tube down in the summer.

The climate is really good also. My sister lives near there now. I will call here and we will be cold and she has 80 deg. weather. (I could just spit at times like that. LOL)

It does have a high population of both Seventh Day Adventist and Mormons - so expect visitors.

You are going to like this move.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines