Boise Travel Answers

change location
charlize's Profile Photo

All about Boise

by charlize Online Now Jul 9, 2006 at 2:37 PM

Hi, I appreciate all answers to this question. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the safer areas of Boise, the areas to somewhat avoid, and the areas to avoid all together. A friend of mine got a job transfer to Boise so on her behalf just looking for a decent place in Boise to rent an apartment and overall learn the good and bad about Boise. Thank you so much!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: All about Boise

by Ipencil Online Now Aug 15, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I've lived hear for the past 15 years and I have yet to find a place that is truly unsafe. We have a few run down neighborhoods, like any place else, but nothing I would call unsafe. You know your comfort level better than anyone, so just trust your judgement and you'll be just fine. Nampa is a little rougher, but no where near the likes of south LA or the South side of Chicago. If you want nice and inexpensive, and safe, pretty much anywhere on the bench is good. Anything west of Federal way is the bench. Further to the north, on the bench, north of Fairview, has some nice neighborhoods as well. You'll have to look at a map to see what I'm taking about.

Boise is a truly great city. It's the people that make it so.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines