Boise Travel Answers

change location

Relocating to Boise

by klc364 Online Now Jul 27, 2003 at 10:45 PM

I am from Florida, but considering a move to Boise. Can anyone comment on the weather there? I was under the impression that there were four distinct seasons with adequate snowfall for the kids to sled etc. Is this corrrect?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • YVRDave's Profile Photo

Re: Relocating to Boise

by YVRDave Online Now Jul 27, 2003 at 10:49 PM

4 complete seasons. The highs in the 90's and the lows -30's. I think you will like it there if you don't mind the slowness. I'm not sure where in Florida you are but I'll guarantee it will be slower in Boise. The kids will love the area.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Relocating to Boise

by klc364 Online Now Jul 28, 2003 at 5:04 PM

Thank you for your response! I spoke with a woman who lived there for 21 years. She told me that it is very desert like, the leaves don't change color, and you don't get the feel of season change, for example winter to spring. She said that Boise was in trouble financially. It really makes one think long and hard before making such a drastic change. One thing I can say for sure is that any place would be better than Largo, Florida!!

• YVRDave's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Relocating to Boise

by YVRDave Online Now Jul 28, 2003 at 5:14 PM

try further north in Coeur d'Alene. There seems to be alot more tourism there. I would be suprised if Boise went broke. There is alot of forestry there for SPF (that has a 29% tariff for Canadian product) and it is the home of the largest construction company in The US, Morrison Knudsen.

• Re: Re: Relocating to Boise

by klc364 Online Now Jul 28, 2003 at 7:20 PM

Thank you YVRDave for your help. I will keep on searching for that perfect place to raise a family!

• crazyk's Profile Photo

Re: Relocating to Boise

by crazyk Online Now Aug 2, 2003 at 10:00 PM

As far as the snowfall, we don't have that much here, usually about two or three inches and then it either freezes or melts, but if you drive north about twenty minutes, you will find hills to sled on. It is a desert region, so being from florida you might want to move to the north side of town by the river where there are trees. You would want to stay in boise, unless you want to commute to treeless areas like meridian or nampa.P.S. it can get very hot here, 109 last week and 106 on wednesday.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines