Bohol

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• water refilling station, grocery store

Mauban Mar 17, 2015 at 6:15 PM

is there a water refilling station, that sells water in big container, & grocery store near the pantalan? we're going to Cagbalete. thanks

more
    • sm fairview to real quezon province

Quezon City Yesterday

good day everyone..can you pls give an instruction oh how to commute via bus going to real quezon province from novaliches qc?
      thank you guys

more
    • Plaridel, Bulacan - SM Clark

Province of Bulacan Mar 11, 2015 at 10:32 PM

I want to know if there's a public transport from Plaridel, Bulacan to SM Clark, Pampanga

more
    • From el salvador to dahilayan nature park

Philippine Mar 25, 2015 at 4:44 AM

What mode of transportation are we going to take if we are from el salvador to dahilayan??please answer

more
    • Foreign travelers

Calbayog Mar 23, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Did you find the city safe for foreigners

more
    • pagudpud to la union

Philippines Mar 18, 2015 at 9:50 AM

I was planning to go from baler to pagudpud by bus but it seems too far. So I'm considering pagudpud and la union instead for my surfing trip. Can someone give me directions on how to get from pagudpud to la union by bus. Thanks Again.

more
    • Shifueya's Profile Photo

Diving in Anilao Batangas.

Anilao Mar 25, 2015 at 10:34 PM

I'm planning to go to Anilao Batangas next month and my plan is to experience diving. However, I'm quite confused with the diving rules. Can I experience diving to those nice diving spot in Anilao even if I'm not a certified diver or do I need to take diving course/certificate first before I'll be allowed to dive? I have no plan to make diving a career in my life, I just want to experience it. I only want it as a one in a lifetime experience.

more
    • Additional information: Manila Nightlife

Boracay Island Mar 23, 2015 at 12:04 AM

So to get to Boracay, I will have to spend a night or two in Manila. Sounds exciting. I am, however, very uninformed about the area.

Please answer the following questions, if possible and knowledgeable:

1. I will be flying from Hawaii to Manila. Long-ish flight. Is there a hotel by the airport that is close to the nightlife?
      2. I would like to avoid "girly bars" / prostitutes / ______ / pay for ______. Is this possible?
      3. Only staying 1 - 3 nights. Not looking for wholesome entertainment, but perhaps, a good bar with cheap beer and nice people to talk to.
      4. Any "main drag" like Bangkok's Sukhumvit? If so, what is the name and proximity to the airport?
      5. Any good, budget hotels in this area? Maybe $30 - 60 USD per nite?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Oh, yeah.

I am a white American. I have read that the most dangerous part of landing in Manila is negotiating a taxi cab to my hotel. I am well-traveled, but what is the likelihood of robbery if arriving late at night. Mind you, I will get a legitimate taxi with no one in the back seat.

Any and all answers are appreciated. Thank you. :)

more
    • Sagada Madness

Sagada Mar 19, 2015 at 4:32 AM

Who's up for Sagada? I'm planning to go there at the end of march or 1st week of April. Anyone that's interested??

more
    • abegailc22's Profile Photo

Calayan Tourism Office Contact Number

Philippines Mar 18, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Hello everyone, does anyone knows the contact number of tourism office or officer in Calayan Island? I need to know the schedules of Eagle Ferry going to Calayan Island. Thanks..

more
    • Hugball's Profile Photo

dentist in ac

Angeles Mar 16, 2015 at 8:12 AM

hey guys,

anyone know a good dentist in angeles city? with not too ridiculous prices and a good quality of service?

suffering as hell...

more
    • Tell me what you think about Lucena City ?

Lucena City Mar 5, 2015 at 12:00 PM

Is Lucena City at place that you would recommend to others or visit again ?

more
    • ChelseaSW6's Profile Photo

Is Davao City Safe for Americans

Davao City Mar 19, 2015 at 5:44 PM

I am an American thinking of traveling down south from Manila in the next couple weeks and was wondering if Davao City is currently safe for Americans. I am only concerned with the potential threats posed by terrorists and extremists in the area and not concerned with general dangers like being mugged by locals. The locals I can handle, the terrorists/extremists I cannot. Thank you. -Walter

more
    • 1st time solo backpacker

Sagada Mar 6, 2015 at 4:44 AM

Good evening GUys! I m really interested in going to sagada next week and im debating whether or not i should just take a paid tour from a travel agency or just go there by myself. My question is are there other solo backpackers going there willing to get together when I get there? And is 4d/3n too much time and lastly is there a place there where backpackers get together So they could go explore sagada together? Thank you to anyone who's answering this questions :D

more
    • Can anybody please assist in this matter?

Boracay Island Mar 18, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Hello,

I am a white, 30-something American who is interested in spending the summer months of June - August in Boracay. I am educated, professional, and well-traveled and have spent time in Bangkok, Thailand, Bali, Indonesia, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

I have a few questions to ask regarding travels to and stays in Boracay.

1. How old are the typical visitors to Boracay who enjoy the nightlife / party scene? Are they in there 20s, or are there people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s there, too? Are there many westerners there?

Bangkok and Bali both had visitors from their teens to their 70s, so that was cool. Is Boracay the same?

2. Do the women express interest in westerners? If so, what is their motivation?

I enjoyed the attention of members of the opposite sex during my travels throughout Thailand and Indonesia, but they were not exactly after my good looks. In Mexico, it was close to impossible to get the attention of women because I felt that they saw me as a white tourist with limited Spanish speaking skills.

3. Is the nightlife scene lively 7 nights a week? Or is it only on the weekends? Are some nights better than others?

4. Is it okay to enjoy alcoholic beverages in the open, or should I keep them concealed? Mind you, I am not going to be stumbling drunk down the beach with a keg, but rather discreet and enjoying a cold beer under the shade of a tree.

5. Is it possible to rent an apartment there? Or is my only option to check in to a hotel? If apartments are available, what is the weekly / monthly rate in pesos?

6. Will I get bored if I stay over sixty days?

7. What is the nightlife like during late May to early August?

I have read that this is the low-season, but a huge part of the reason why I am interested in visiting Boracay is for its nightlife. The only time during the year that I can visit is from late May till early August.

I DO NOT MIND CROWDS. I like a bustling nightlife. Though it is no doubt tuned down during the low-season, I need assistance in answering these questions:

a. Can I still expect a bustling nightlife?
      b. Will all the bars and clubs be open?
      c. Will there be people on the streets enjoying themselves?
      d. Will there be other westerners there?
      e. Will the bars and clubs stay open late into the night?
      f. Will it be possible to go to the bars and clubs 7 nights a week?

I know this is a lot to ask and some of it even redundant, but I have been involved on numerous forums about foreign destinations in the past and have always enjoyed some of the insight and information that members with intimate knowledge of those locations have provided in the past, and I hope to find some useful information here on this forum.

Again, I would appreciate any and all helpful responses. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

more
    • baler to pagudpod

Baler Mar 17, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm planning a surfing trip to baler and pagudpod. Can someone tell me how to get from baler to pagudpod by bus.

Thanks!

more
    • altizachen's Profile Photo

Makati-Banaue-Baguio-Bahol

Philippines Mar 6, 2015 at 6:03 PM

I am staying two weeks in the Philippines starting in Makati. I want to go from there to Banaue for a few days then to Baguio for another day or two then travel down to Bahol and back to Manila.
      What is the best way to get around? I would like to fly when possible.
      Would your guys recommend renting a car in Makati or bus?
      Is there flights from Baguio to Bahol?
      Any advice is appreciated. Thank VT'rs

more
    • Going to camiguin with own car

Province of Camiguin Mar 22, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Good day. I've read a lot of blogs and sites regarding on how to get to camiguin, but almost all i see is just for commute ride. I would like to ask if how much do we need to pay in the balingoan port if we will bring our own car to camiguin? If possible can I have answers urgently. As we will be having a trip this Wednesday (March 25, 2015). Thanks a lot and God bless

more
    • ijustzeke's Profile Photo

Puerto Princesa to El Nido

El Nido Mar 10, 2015 at 7:51 PM

How much will the bus cost PP->El Nido and vice versa?
      Which mode of transportation would you guys suggest for 2 persons?

more
    • Czherry's Profile Photo

Sagada BUS FARE 2015

Sagada Mar 6, 2015 at 6:19 AM

Hi. I just wanna know, How much is the bus fare now from Baguio to Sagada?

more
    • Seeking Information on Visa for Boracay

Boracay Island Mar 21, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Is there a way to get the tourist visa extended beyond the 30 day limit on the island of Boracay?

Or do I need to go to the Philippine embassy in my home country to apply for an extended visa?

Please advise. I will be on the island for approximately 40 days.

Thank you.

more
    • Panglao to Moalboal/Oslob?

Philippines Mar 10, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Hi, we´re right now in Alona Beach/Panglao, in the next days we want to go to Moalboal. Also we want to see the whalesharks in Oslob.
      What is the best option to connect these two places, starting in Panglao?
      a) Cebu City by ferry, then bus to Moalboal and later Oslob as a daytrip (bus/taxi/rent a car)?
      b) Cebu City by ferry, then bus to Moalboal, after Moalboal to Oslob for one night?
      c) Ferry to Dumaguete, from there to Oslob, stay one night and after it to Moalboal by bus?

more
    • abegailc22's Profile Photo

Baguio-Claveria Bus

Claveria Mar 7, 2015 at 3:31 AM

Hello, fellas, Does anyone knows po which bus travels Baguio-Claveria? What time is the last trip? and how much does it costs? I'll be going to Calayan Island for backpacking travel for the Holly Week vacay. Thanks..

more
    • PogoSpade's Profile Photo

Does any one know what ti.e the last ferry leaves to go to Cebu?

by PogoSpade Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 12:17 PM

Hi all, I am planning to bo to bohol mainly to see chocolate hills and do the night firefly kayaking . Does any body know what time the last ferry leaves to back to Cebu as I do nit want to stay there over night as U have an early plane to catch. Otherwise what is the earliest ferry that departs from Tagbilaran?
      And does any one recommend buying the chocolate hill tour as a package? Ive seem some pretty pricey ones online that include the tarsiers, river cruise and butterflies, etc. Just wondering if it worthwhile forking out that much money per person?

2 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 10:37 PM
    • sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

Where can I get masareal and tablea in bohol?

by sweet_sentiments Online Now Jan 24, 2015 at 8:59 AM

hi,

i know masareal is a delicacy of cebu but we might not have time to go to cebu for shopping as we are only staying 4days/3nights in bohol (panglao) and we want to savor bohol as much as possible instead of running around and trying to squeeze in multiple provinces....

anyway, does anyone know a specific place where masareal and tablea are sold in bohol?

thanks in advance!

5 Answers Jan 24, 2015 at 12:46 PM
    • Tour guide/package

by ma1963LR Online Now Dec 29, 2014 at 12:46 AM

I was able to get a promo fare for Bohol (PAL) this March 2015. Can you please recommend a reputable tour guide/package for us. Thanks.

2 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 12:44 PM
    • How to get to Anda

by Bugsnr5 Online Now Dec 16, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Hello,

How knows the best/cheapiest way to travel from Tag airport Bohol to the east cost, Anda? We have a hotel there but the pick up service of the hotel is 3000 peso's. So that is al lot of money. Does anybody has a better idea?

Thank you

5 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 2:57 PM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

Private tour guide

by poepat Online Now Sep 21, 2014 at 5:24 AM

Hi, does anybody have details of a private tour guide who speaks good english in Bohol please, and what services they offer.
      Many thanks
      POEPAT

2 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 2:10 AM
    • DrunkenTraveller's Profile Photo

Alone or with tour guide?

by DrunkenTraveller Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 2:00 AM

I am staying in Cebu (Mandarin Plaza Hotel) for 2 nights and thought it would be nice to Visit kawasan falls and bohol during our stay there. Can i do both these activities on my own (With my husband) or do you recommend i go with a tour guide?

I noticed that tour guides are a bit on the expensive side.

Also, any other must-do activities while im in Cebu? I was keen on going for the whale shark encounter but the boats seem quite small and unruly. I dont want to fall into the water.

15 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM
    • Raneb's Profile Photo

need a travel buddy

by Raneb Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 1:27 AM

I will go to bohol for 1 day and I've already inquired some of the tour operators and it cost me big if I'll go alone..perhaps,someone in here would like to travel bohol in a day tour in march 8.Could we meet or maybe I can join your group?don't worry I am nice person..thanks!you can text me in this number 09192852799..

3 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 5:27 PM
    • Raneb's Profile Photo

traveling alone to bohol

by Raneb Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Hi there,I will go to Bohol this march 8!Does anyone know the minimum budget for a bohol trip and a possible itinerary for a day?could I also ask for suggestions of low budget accommodations in alona beach? I would like to stay there for a night before I get back to cebu..I hope for your response...thank you!!!!

3 Answers May 10, 2014 at 12:01 AM
    • sanggano's Profile Photo

Anda, Bohol

by sanggano Online Now Jan 24, 2014 at 5:47 AM

We plan to visit Anda, Bohol next month. Are there accommodations that you recommend?

3 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    • How days for Bohol and side trips?

by visit2010 Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Is Feburary a good time to visit Bohol for few days? I heard that Chocolate Hills was little damaged due to the recent typhoon, however, I am still interested to go there if things are going back to normal.

How many days should I consider for Bohol and any other side trips nearby?

My plan is go in this path : Manila-Cebu-Bohol-Manila/Cebu, but not intent to spend much time in Manila other than transferring.

Any information/suggestions?

5 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM
    • Can I go to Bohol?

by Ricky1285 Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I am booked to go to Bohol on the 24th Dec. Is it safe to travel there now?

7 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 10:43 PM
    • Is is possible and safe?

by km08 Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Hi. My heart is all out for Bohol's situation now. I have a booked flight to Bohol this coming October 24th. Is it safe to still push thru with the trip? I was supposed to book the accomodation the day the earthquake happened and now I am quite hesitant to call them up. Im afraid that I would come across as rude.

8 Answers Oct 27, 2013 at 9:39 PM
    • Tarsier stuff toys

by jrodelt Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Where can we buy tarsier stuff toys?

5 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    • bohol trip

by ellyrem Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 5:39 AM

Hi again! The answer to my post cant be somehow opened so I have to do another one. . I was asking for theminimum budget for an overnyt bohol trip and a possible itinerary for a day good for 4 persons. . Where going to cebu but decided to drop by bohol. . Sorry to those who answered on my previous post and thanks!

4 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    • itinerary and budget

by ellyrem Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 5:17 AM

My friends and i (total of 4)are going to cebu and wanted to drop by bohol. . So i'm wondering about the minimum budget for overnyt stay in bohol and Possible itinerary for a day. . Kinda having a tough sched. . Thanks!

10 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 5:37 AM
    • travelling money

by rogerjsy Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 6:41 AM

hello..im travelling to bohol in feb 2014 with a friend are 2 guys for 2 weeks neither of us have been to Philippines before and need to know what do we do about getting money ? are there local banks with ATMs that we can get cash from with our visa cards? also would they charge us ? and do hotels/restaurants etc take visa cards?..also whats the best currency ?american dollars or PHP ?..we are both british guys from the uk..thanks

16 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 5:18 AM
    • Tricycle/Motor (habal habal) from dumaluan to tagbilaran city

by Mistiqshannen Online Now Jun 19, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Hi do you know if it is possible to take habal habal going to Tagbilaran city from Dumaluan?
      Or is there a tricycle terminal where the habal habal driver can drop us? We are 3 adults and 2 small kids
      (3 and 4 yr old). Is it also best to buy pasalubong at the market area or mall?

2 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    • karla23's Profile Photo

BOHOL

by karla23 Online Now May 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I will be going to Bohol on June 7,2013 at 1pm..any suggestion/s where to stay and what we can do? I will be flying back to manila from Cebu on June 11,2013 at 10pm. I am thinking if I will be leaving in Bohol to cebu on june 9 ot 10?what to do think guys? thank you in advance.

12 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 2:29 AM
    • KulitA's Profile Photo

pension house

by KulitA Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM

where can i find budget inn in Panglao Bohol

5 Answers Apr 8, 2013 at 1:22 AM
    • happythoughts's Profile Photo

itinerary

by happythoughts Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 6:47 AM

going to bohol in march. please help me with my itinerary. my sister is pregnant so i need free and easy trip.
      day 1: panglao tour: lunch bee farm and dinner around alona beach. accom alona 42.
      day 2: churches, loboc river for lunch, check in at linaw resort
      day 3: lazy day at linaw resort
      day 4: back to cebu
      need suggestions please.

9 Answers Apr 9, 2013 at 11:22 PM
    • Jet ski

by jrodelt Online Now Jan 22, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Hi!

We'll have a getaway in Bohol this 25-27 January, kindly advise a decent hotel/resort for a couple.
      Please advise where we can rent jet ski motors.

Thanks.

1 Answer Jan 23, 2013 at 2:29 AM
    • grepthis's Profile Photo

Travel from Manila to Bohol

by grepthis Online Now Apr 30, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Hello VT Forum. I was hoping one of you could provide some advice on getting from Manila to Bohol for a trip during the first 2 weeks of June. After doing my research it seems that the way to go is to fly since the ferries take so long. I am only able to stay in the Philippines for 2 weeks and time is important to me. I have never been to Manila and plan on spending 2 days there and then going on to some islands as i prefer to be outside of the city. My 2 main questions are:

1. Is 2 days enough to see the main things in Manila as well as do a little shopping?
      2. Since i don't know how long i will be in Manila yet, is it ok to wait until i get there to book my flights from Manila to our first destination Bohol? I don't want tickets to be sold out but am hoping that isn't the case since i won't be in the main tourist season.

Thanks all for any tips or advice.
      Kind Regards
      Kurt

7 Answers Jan 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    • princess_amber_doton's Profile Photo

Travelling to bohol in Sept on a tight budget

by princess_amber_doton Online Now Apr 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Dear VT Friends,
      I need help once again! How can I travel without the support of my VT friends? . Please help me as I am travelling to bohol on Sept 15. We are 3 adults and appreciate your suggestions. I have below the proposed itinerary.
      1. Sept 15 Morning arrival in Tagbilaran port… plan to do a Bohol Country Tour
      a. Any suggested places to see
      b. Any suggestion for car rental? How much it would cost?
      2. Accommodation in Pangalo preferably near the beach and not so crowded. Budget 1500-2000 per night per room
      3. Sept 16. AM - Open to suggestion as we have no plans yet but if possible low cost expenses . 5pm flight back to Manila
      a. Is it advisable to have a day tour to the famous bohol beach club and any idea how much it cost?
      b. Other than bohol beach club where can we go?
      4. Places to eat that wont really break our pocket but are worth it
      I am open to any suggestion that can help in our trip since we are on a very tight budget…

6 Answers Jan 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM
    • danajon bank

by annrosfer Online Now Mar 17, 2012 at 6:41 AM

i am looking for accomodation in talibon (near danajon bank) tight budget inquiry; what's the means of transportation from jetafe harbor to talibon? are public buses available to travel to the next municipalities? what's the minimum fare? is internet accessible?

1 Answer Mar 17, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    • planning to visit bohol but i have a tight budget.

by sherlchedelic Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM

i need advise where to go and what to do in bohol?? please help!!

also we are in a tight budget so we are looking for cheap place to stay and cheap tour package. pls help.. thanks

6 Answers Mar 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM
    • eFahad's Profile Photo

Recommended Hotels in Bohol

by eFahad Online Now Jan 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Hi Boholians, hope you're doing fine,

I'm arriving to Phil next month and considering a 5-day visit to Bohol..
      what hotels do you recommend from the ones in the list? I'm not going fancy as long as it's decent with good location.
      wikitravel.org/en/Bohol#Slee...

Also, should you I split my stay to make beach & city? or I can move around easily..?
      I could use some expert advice..

salamaaat !

25 Answers Jan 16, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    • Family Trip in Bohol

by viresse Online Now Jan 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM

good day. i've been searching the net for a week now trying to fish out some tips for my family trip to bohol. im planning to treat my parents, and myself na rin, as well as my pamangkin. so there will be four of us. plano ko magrent-a-car na lang sana kasi it will also be my first time in bohol and i dont know how to get into different places utilizing the public transportation. naisip ko din kasi na it will be more convenient to rent a car with a guide kasi apat din naman kami. tapos bata pa ang isa. tama ba naisip ko? and i also want to ask for suggestions tungkol sa mga affordable resorts in panglao to spend just one night..

7 Answers Jan 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

where to stay other than Panglao? (quick responses appreciated!)

by crewrower Online Now Oct 30, 2011 at 4:10 AM

In Jan '12. Will have already spent 5 nights on Alona Beach. Have 2 more nights in Bohol. Where to go? We like waterfalls and tarsiers, and will have a 6 month old baby with us (me and my wife).

I've previously been to Loboc River, Chocolate Hills, and Tarsier conservation park. All are nice but not sure I'd rush back there with the infant.

We like waterfalls! Dislike sun intensive activities.

Budget is not a big issue - we can consider any price range.

12 Answers Sep 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    • jewel29's Profile Photo

places to visit in bohol

by jewel29 Online Now Sep 20, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Hi! ask ko lng kung ano ano magandang puntahan place s bohol.. solo backpacker lng ako kaya mahal un mga tour packages nila. bigyan nyo nmn po ako ng mga info kung ano ang d ko dapat n mamis n place. 3 days/2 nyts stay ako..wala p din akong accmmdation kasi mahal ung mga nkikita ko..salamat po

14 Answers Oct 1, 2011 at 9:39 PM
    • transportation from tagbilaran to anda beach resort

by anjieteleron Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 11:35 PM

I NEED SUGGESTIONS.

I am looking for a car for hire good for 2 persons that will give us private transportation from Tagbilaran port to Anda Beach Resort. Tour at Tagbilaran spots are inclusive and should be done before proceeding to Anda Beach Resort.(Cheap Deals)

Thanks

4 Answers Sep 13, 2011 at 1:42 AM