Bohinjska Bistrica

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• where to swim with the dog

Koper Yesterday

Hi, is there any place in Koper, Slovenia, where we can swim with the dog? I mean some place without big stones at the edge of the sea. We are already in Koper. Many thanks. Jitka ;)

more
    • From Bled to Vintgar Gorge

Slovenia Jun 7, 2015 at 2:47 AM

Hi,

Can we go from Bled to Vintgar Gorge by Public Transport? I found a taxi at the price of 14eur each way, is it worth it? we will be 4 adults.

more
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Last night before our flight home

Slovenia Jun 24, 2015 at 7:44 AM

I'm looking for a pleasant place to stay our last night, 100 km or less from the Zagreb airport. The day before we'll be coming from the west side or Ljubljana and have to return the car in the early afternoon.

Maybe in this case I will have to use highways, but I don't now yet if in Slovenia or Croatia.

more
    • fish & seafood

Slovenia Jun 8, 2015 at 1:58 AM

Where in Slovenia are the best regions to eat fish (sea or fresh water)?

more

Drives in the northern mountains

Slovenia Jun 18, 2015 at 10:25 AM

We'll have more than a week to drive in Slovenia, in the middle of July. We've been in Slovenia before and visited Bled and lake Bled, Ljubliana, the big caves, the seashore, the whole Soca valley. All places are worth visiting again, but this time I'm looking specially for roads that go between high mountains in the direction of Austria. Decent roads, maybe views of snow, somewhere to stay overnight. No long tunnels, some paper and internet maps ignore the tunnels.

I marked some such route on my old map, but I haven't been there, it just looked nice on the map.

more
    • Venice to Ljubljana

Ljubljana Jun 18, 2015 at 3:59 AM

What the best way to get from venice to ljubljana by train mainly to keep down extra cost because I've already got a interrail pass. I've seen a few forums on this journey but they're all really old so didn't know if things have changed, train lines changed or updated because most of them say take the bus but my pass doesnt cover that

Thanks

more

Resrerving hotels in July

Slovenia Jun 21, 2015 at 10:56 AM

We're going to Slovenia for ten days, mostly in the mountains. In the past, in Slovenia and other countries, we found rooms in the afternoon – without reserving in advance.

In the last years I reserved in advance, and of course had to get there. Now I don't know how far we'll drive, or if the weather will be bad and we have to change direction.

On our earlier trip in September there was no problem finding rooms, even with three beds (we don't need that this time). But in July would it be more crowded? It's also fourteen years after our first trip.

I can always try to reserve one day ahead, probably people have cancellations.

more

To high mountains in north Slovenia

Slovenia Jun 20, 2015 at 11:05 AM

We'll have nine days in Slovenia, including the drive from Zagreb and back. We've visited Slovenia before, seen the famous caves and castles, and drove all the Soca valley, which I would like to see again.

From the maps it looks interesting to drive north to Austria through the high mountains. As short as possible tunnels, not main roads with fast traffic - but not deserted. Some places where we can stay overnight. Back and forth the same road, or a different one.

Can we depend on weather reports for a few days? We don't want to drive in fog. The trip is in the middle of July.

more

North Slovenia, crossing to Austria

Slovenia Jun 24, 2015 at 3:33 AM

We'll drive around the north side of Slovenia the area of Logarska Dolina. I see on my old map that the roads cross corners of Austria. Of course I'll get updated info when we're there.

Years ago when we drove in Austria we had to pay for a vignette, which was valid for a whole year - even if we're in Austria only a day or two. Now we rent our car in Zagreb, and most of our driving is in Slovenia.

Is it the same now?

more