Bogotá Travel Answers

change location
sofiachavira's Profile Photo

South America

by sofiachavira Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM

So I bought a ticket to Bogota Colombia, im traveling alone, and I wanted to backpack or cheaply travel through South America...... Any suggestions on really cool places to make sure to visit would be helpful, or places I must see, things i should experience or take part in, and suggestions on the cheapest buses to take, has anyone tried couch surfing? recommendations on hostels? Everything would be helpful since im doing this very spontaneously!

also any suggestions specifically with Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia because im not sure if i will be able to get to the other countries
im traveling for 3 months

thank you!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: South America

by davidjo Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Why don't you study all the tips on these countries and destinations within the countries here on VT. Most places are covered by VTers and have excellent advice so you should get a rough idea of which places interest you. Study the guide books at the library, or purchase some.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: South America

by davidjo Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 3:29 AM

My own personal favorites are museo de ora, the salt cathedral outside Bogota. Ecuador has Los Banos, good for trekking, Galapagos. Peru has Chan Chan, Iquitos in the Amazon, Nazca, Machu Picchu while Lago Titicaca is between Peru and Bolivia, and outside La Paz is the valley of the moon and a little further afield is the salt plains--Uyuni, but you will find all this out in the VTers tips---start researching and come up with a rough plan, which will get you started

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines