Bogotá Travel Answers

change location
Bearzy's Profile Photo

Two days in Botoga....

by Bearzy Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 4:20 AM

Hi,

Im thinking about flying over from Quito in late september for two days in Botoga before flying to Miami. Ive of course read alot about the dangers in Colombia but Im sure that using common sense should be sufficient....right? :) Im not at all worried about the FARC but Im a little bit worried about street safety. I of course wouldnt walk around during dark but I was wondering how the situation is during daytime?

I was also hoping if somebody could recommend what I must do and see in Bogota for this short period of time and if someone could recommend a good and safe hotel to stay in? Is it possible to get a professional local guide to walk with you and point out the major sights?

Thanks in advance.

Freezing regards from Iceland
Bearzy

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

RE: Two days in Botoga....

by nhoolb Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 8:00 AM

You may want to check my pages. Just been in Bogota again during Xmas and New Year. As you said, be street-wise as everywhere. Visit the Gold museum, the Monseratte, the centre (Plaza Bolivar). Stay preferably in the north, Hotel Dann Norte is very good (USD 80, near shopping centre Unicentro, very good), also hostal Bogota Real (USD 35-50). Many restaurants, bars, discos on Parque 93 and in Zona Rosa (near shopping centre Centro Andino.). Perfectly safe.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines