Bogor Travel Answers

change location

cloak room at bogor botanical gardens or train station

by alouise Online Now Jul 24, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Does anyone know of any cloakroom facilities at Bogor Botanical Gardens or at Bogor railway station? At the end of September this year I will be making a morning visit to Bogor to see the Botanical Gardens and then catching a bus to Bandung afterwards. I am hoping that there is a cloakroom at the entrance to the botanical gardens or at the railway station where I can leave my backpack? It is not too heavy to carry around, but being able to place it in a cloakroom would be more convenient.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • meiyergani's Profile Photo

Re: cloak room at bogor botanical gardens or train station

by meiyergani Online Now Aug 4, 2010 at 5:08 AM

Yes, it is a little problem to find cloakroom as you mean at this posting, but you could try to Botanic Square, a shopping mall located side by side with Botanical Garden, there you could find a big supermarket "GIANT" inside, you could leave your backpack at DEPOSIT COUNTER at the front gate of the supermarket, the officer would give you a tag number of your backpack, but bring along your money and any other precious goods with you. If you want to try its and this is one and only solution, I think it is okay for your backpack, the supermarket open at 08.00 am (may be) and close at 09.00 pm

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pPamela's Profile Photo

by pPamela Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Hi,
    Another idea would be to see if the owner of Pensione Firman at Jalan Paledang no. 48 would look after it for you for a small fee.
    The owner is Wardah and I know her quite well having stayed at Pensione Firman over the years.
    Also if you would like a trustworthy guide to show you around the sights of Bogor on back of a motor bike you could contact my very good friend of 10 yrs Adang.
    His email is adang1972@yahoo.com and his mobile number is +6287870348768
    Pamela Fuge Sydney Australia.

• Re: cloak room at bogor botanical gardens or train station

by alouise Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 4:02 AM

Thanks for the tip, that does sound like a good idea. A tour sounds good too, but this time we're only stopping in Bogor to see the gardens before heading on to Bandung for the night. Another idea was to hire a taxi from Jakarta to Bandung via Bogor, although I wasn't quite sure about leaving the backpack in the car boot whilst visiting the gardens.... would that be safe?

by meiyergani Online Now Sep 8, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Another way is get a morning executive train from Jakarta Gambir train station with would take an hour to Bogor Train station, from Bogor train station you could visit Botanical Garden Just 15 minutes walking distance from Train station, then you could return back by train to Gambir train station and have an Executive Argo Gde or Argo Parahyangan afternoon train from Gambir to Bandung which would take three and half hours.
    At Jakarta Gambir Train station there is a Cloakroom with cost about Rp 25,000

by meiyergani Online Now Sep 8, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Another way is get a morning executive train from Jakarta Gambir train station with would take an hour to Bogor Train station, from Bogor train station you could visit Botanical Garden Just 15 minutes walking distance from Train station, then you could return back by train to Gambir train station and have an Executive Argo Gde or Argo Parahyangan afternoon train from Gambir to Bandung which would take three and half hours.
    At Jakarta Gambir Train station there is a Cloakroom with cost about Rp 25,000.
    Have a nice trip to Bogor and Bandung.
    Regards from Gani, Bogor

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines