Bogor Travel Answers

change location

Bogor to puncak trip

by notty_nana Online Now Nov 17, 2010 at 7:20 PM

hi.. is there anyone can tell me how can i do a day trip to puncak?.. i might go to bogor from jakarta by train, but when i reach bogor do i have to rent a car with a driver(both of us are foreigner)or we can just go around by the local transportation?.. i'm looking for any Bogor travel agent to arrange a trip and transportation too but so far i still couldn't find any.. will arrive in jakarta on this 20th nov, and planning to go to bogot-puncak on 21st. TQ

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • theo1006's Profile Photo

Re: Bogor to puncak trip

by theo1006 Online Now Nov 17, 2010 at 10:23 PM

You could take a Bandung bus and ask to be dropped of anywhere on the way, but....... Nov 21st is a Sunday. And on Sundays buses are not allowed on the Puncak road. That says something about the terrible traffic jams during the weekend. Often you stand still for hours because traffic is allowed in one direction only.
    When there are no buses, colts (minibuses) still ply the route. And you could of course hire a car with driver in Bogor of in Jakarta.
    But be prepared to spend more time on the road than at Puncak.
    Therefore my advice is: forget Puncak on a Sunday. Choose somewhere else to go.
    Theo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • crimsoncamelia's Profile Photo

Re: Bogor to puncak trip

by crimsoncamelia Online Now Nov 20, 2010 at 6:00 AM

there's always local tourist guide or travel agent inside the airport, though it's kinda expensive compare to travel agent outside...
    for local tourist guide, since you are foreigners, they will always increase the price... remember to bargain.
    Good Luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines