Bodrum Travel Answers

change location

INQUIRIES ABOUT BODRUM

by fridi Online Now Jul 20, 2012 at 3:50 AM

I'm planning to go to Bodrum with a friend August 22nd . Please tell me what's the bestway to travel from Istanbul( landing there at12pm)to Bodrum ,what's the rate in euros and the means of transport. I booked at Gundem hotelin Gambet want to know really if it's a good hotel , how far is it from intresting sights , is Gambet better than Bodrum ,how far is it from it?What activities can we do there and whats the best and the cheapest way to travel there, what can make my 5days holiday awesome.I need tips!
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Lyndra's Profile Photo

Re: INQUIRIES ABOUT BODRUM

by Lyndra Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM

The only sensible way to get from istanbul is by plane, the journey takes approximately one hour with Turkish Airlines or one of its affiliate companies and is very reasonably priced (depending on what time you fly). Gumbet may be cheaper to stay in than Bodrum if you are on a budget but I would always choose Bodrum of the two - more options for eating and drinking at a wide range of bars and restaurants. Gumbet caters for the holiday crowd and so is designed for those customers. Beach at Gumbet is better than Bodrum but there is also Yalikavak, Bitez and Turgetreis if you want nice beach locations with good food and drink. Hope that helps!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines