Travel Answers
Bodø

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• how to get to svolvaer from evenes on thursday the 17(holiday)

Narvik Apr 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Hello,

we are two Italian tourists travelling to Svolvaer on Thursday the 17th in order to get our rented car at Europcar for that day.
      Unfortunately we saw, just few hours ago, on the 17th the bus lines to Svolvaer are not working on those days.
      We'll arrive at Evenes at 10:35 with the flight from Oslo, we kindly ask you how we can reach Svolvaer.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Annalisa and Francesco

more
    • Need help about Bodo Terminal Facility

by nsprashanth Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Dear All, I am coming to Bodo for a stop over of 10hrs, I get down at Bodo at midnight 02:00am and I have booked the train to Oslo at 12:00+, I need to know the facility that is provided in the Hurtingruten Bodo Terminal, I don't have a room booked. Please help me with the details as I am coming with my wife and a daughter (4 years old). Many thanks in advance. Second question, how can I visit Saltraumen, from bodo train station. With best regards Prashanth NS

6 Answers Nov 30, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    • Activities in Bodoe?

by dagger3562 Online Now Jul 31, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Hi, does anyone know if we can drive to the moose safari around bodoe? Im only staying 3 nights in bodoe, what is the best way to catch the best way to catch the aurora? Thanks in advance for your help..

1 Answer Aug 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM
    • transportation issues

by LindaPB Online Now May 1, 2012 at 4:42 PM

We arrive on the Hurtigruten and leave from the airport. Any suggestions for how we arrange a rental car? Is there any public transportation between boat terminal and air terminal?

1 Answer May 13, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    • from bodo airport to ferry terminal

by kingabar Online Now May 1, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Hi! We arrive in Bodo by plane on July 17 at 9:55. I see there is a ferry to Moskenes at 11:15. Is that enough time to catch this ferry? What is the fastest way to get there? Thank you very much!!! :)

2 Answers May 1, 2012 at 8:36 AM
    • srorly's Profile Photo

Bodø to Bergen

by srorly Online Now Dec 10, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Hi there!
      I´ll be in Bodø in the first week of March 2011, coming from the Lofoten Islands and i need to travel to Bergen.
      Does anyone knows the cheapest and/or the fastest way to make the trip?
      Thanks.

2 Answers Dec 10, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    • What to do in winter

by cathy9510usa Online Now Nov 21, 2010 at 4:20 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to decide whether to take the northbound or the southbound Hurtigruten trip in February or March. The northbound trio seems to have a 3 hour stopover in Bodo. What does the city have to offer, at least to passengers from the ship who have to walk from the quay?

Thanks very much for your help.

Cathy

7 Answers Nov 22, 2010 at 3:33 AM
    • Ferry Moskenes Bodo Winter Timetable

by silviu_w Online Now Aug 14, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I will apreciate to receive the timetable winter for ferry carying car from Moskenes to Bodo for Sunday .
      Thanks
      Silviu

1 Answer Aug 18, 2010 at 11:40 PM
    • Ferry from Stamsund to Bodo

by silviu_w Online Now Aug 13, 2010 at 3:53 AM

I will apreciate to receive the timetable winter for ferry carying car from Stamsund to Bodo for saturday .
      Thanks
      Silviu

1 Answer Aug 14, 2010 at 1:15 PM
    • leics's Profile Photo

Little yellow balls?

by leics Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I'm asking this on behalf of friends who are campervanning around Europe and are in Bodø at the moment.

They keep seeing 'little yellow balls on short rods along the roadside. They are about the size of a ping pong ball and the rod is about 6 inches (around 15cm) tall. They are irregular distances apart, positioned sometimes low down in the grass, sometimes high up on rocks, sometimes near the edge of a road and sometimes a couple of metres away.'

They would love to know what they are for and would be grateful for an explanation, if you have one. And so would I. :-)

Thanks in advance.

6 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 11:13 PM
    • Need to stay "online" while travel to Bodo, Norway - SIM-card and WiFi

by Amalker Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 2:31 AM

Hi Friends!
      I'll travel to Bodo this August for two weeks. Wow!
      I need a local phone card while my journey. Most calls will be made to Belarus and to norwegian operator OneCall (based on Telenor network). My telefon is also support WIFI, so i can use VOIP. What Prepaid card would be recommended? Is any special rules for selling phonecard for foreign travellers?
      What about WIFI (free and chargeable) zones in Bodo (and Oslo)? I think i need about 100 minutes calls or and 100 Mb via WIFI or 3G if i call Voip?

Any ideas?

• Trip to northern Norway -- Bodo and about

by eleanorpearl Online Now Feb 13, 2010 at 1:59 PM

My name is Eleanor and I am traveling alone through Norway next June-July. Need to arrange for a hotel or home stay for an 70 something person. I am a trout fisherwoman and hope to do one day of fishing. I have only three days in Bodo. Any ideas for places arond US100 or less? All the listed hotels are more than anywhere else on my trip.
      Eleanor

1 Answer Feb 13, 2010 at 11:06 PM
    • ferry ride from bodo

by snowcastle Online Now Jan 14, 2010 at 9:48 AM

ferry ride from bodo to moskenes is free if you walk on.what if you have a bike

1 Answer Jan 14, 2010 at 10:16 AM
    • sverrejo's Profile Photo

Saltstraumen, worth the trip?

by sverrejo Online Now Oct 28, 2009 at 4:40 AM

Hi!

I am planning a trip up to the Lofoten area in November. Wondering about making a stop to experience Saltstraumen as well. Anyone been there and is it worth the trip?

Looks awesome: youtube.com/watch?v=Gt5huUcA...

3 Answers Nov 12, 2009 at 11:31 PM
    • Can I take the ferry from Bodø to Lofoten and what will it kost? What is the prize for a ticket?

by JennyNelly Online Now Jun 19, 2009 at 8:29 AM

We are in Norway from 29 june until 10 july. We like to go with the ferry from Bodø to Lofoten. Does anyone know the times the ferry goes from Bodø to Lofoten? Is it a lot of money to take the car with us?

1 Answer Jun 19, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    • ferries out of Bodo

by aprilsp Online Now Jun 1, 2008 at 10:37 PM

Is there a ferry (or express boat) out of Bodo to Alsvik? And if so how often does it run in July?

• Travel to Bodo

by Mikeshilton Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 2:45 AM

Is there a direct ferry link from the UK to Bodo?, a friend and I are planning a trip for later in the year and would like to drive.

2 Answers Feb 5, 2008 at 5:38 AM
    • Accomodation

by rogerpercival Online Now Jan 19, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Please would you E.Mail me direct, with the availability of self catering accomodation in Bodo between 30th january and 2nd February - I person 3 nights
      Many thanks

2 Answers Jan 19, 2008 at 3:17 PM
    • travelfares

by jaccobwals Online Now Dec 23, 2006 at 1:54 AM

Can you send me the timetable(s) and fare(s) of the ferry from Bobo to Moskenes

Thankyou

j.Wals
      Holland

1 Answer Dec 25, 2006 at 7:40 PM
    • city road transport

by cybervinayak Online Now Sep 8, 2006 at 11:14 AM

Hi
      I am Vinayak Joshi extensive traveller. So far I have covered most of Europe, America with Hawai, Singapore and of course most of India. I happened to hit this site today. I hope it will be quite helpful.

I am planning to visit Norway in the winter(Feb 07). Could any one inform me on following points?

I will be getting down from Hurtigruten cruise at 1.30 am. Will I be able to get local transport upto airport or hotel at such odd time? Can I book the taxi through net? How safe is Bodo at night?

I will appreciate the answer.

Regards
      Vinayak Joshi

3 Answers Sep 10, 2006 at 9:40 AM
    • How is the weather in Bodo?

by Maikku Online Now Aug 29, 2006 at 10:13 AM

I am visiting Bodo next weekend and coming from Finland and we have quite warm. How is the weather there. Rainig?, Temperature? Windy? We have only two days and it wouldn´t be noce to be freezing all the time. So how many wollen clothes do we need?

2 Answers Sep 1, 2006 at 1:13 PM
    • Cheap accomodation and transport?

by dominick25 Online Now Sep 11, 2004 at 1:15 PM

Hello. I would like to visit Bodø soon , but I have limited amount of money I can spend . What would be the possible cheapest accomodation there and the transport from Oslo? Greetings. Thanks for any help.

3 Answers Sep 13, 2004 at 4:03 AM