Bodensee

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Biking from Lindau to Stuttgart

by sjg1 Online Now Jun 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM

My wife and I are planning a bicycle trip from Bodensee to Stuttgart in July. Has anyone any suggestions on routes and if we should make bookings now or trust in finding accommodation along the way (our preferred method)?

3 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 11:54 PM
    • Children & Bodensee

by PD74 Online Now May 29, 2014 at 9:12 AM

I am wondering in wich part of Bodensee we can find a good spot to swim with children.
      Sand on the beach and preferably organized with restaurangs and playground.
      Can we find a place like that?

3 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 2:01 AM
    • huatangcn's Profile Photo

pension or guestroom

by huatangcn Online Now May 15, 2008 at 9:32 AM

we want go to bodensee area on june, somebody introduce some pension or guestroom to us? thanks advance.

• Ferry schedule

by elaigat Online Now Aug 7, 2007 at 12:56 PM

How frequently does the ferry travel between Konstanz and Bregenz? How long does the trip take?

2 Answers Aug 7, 2007 at 1:29 PM
    • Cycling routes around Bodensee

by Ernza Online Now May 2, 2006 at 9:12 AM

I gather you can cycle all around the Bodensee, not sure I'm up to that, but anyone got any advice about cyclng round the lake-routes etc?

3 Answers Feb 13, 2008 at 7:36 AM
    • margsch's Profile Photo

Ferienwohnung suitable?

by margsch Online Now Apr 24, 2006 at 8:44 PM

I am going to Germany in September from Australia and wish to take an elderly Aunt (eine Schwäbin) with me to a Ferienwohnung on the Bodensee, without stairs i.e. ground floor is preferable. I have never been in that area of Germany before but have seen on the web a nice flat at Oehningen however we will be obliged to use public transport and getting there seems rather awkward. We would be by train from Munich. Can anyone recommend another town that would perhaps be easier to reach. Otherwise I wonder what a taxi would cost from Radolfzell to Oehningen?
      Due to the age of my aunt I would like to be easy walking distance to the lake and shops and it seems there are many holiday flats in the area, but restricting a flat to ground floor only is making it difficult. I am open to suggestions for anywhere in the area with good public transport. If it comes to the worst I would hire a car and put a sign in the back "vorsicht, Australier fährt Auto" and I think other drivers would keep their distance!

4 Answers Apr 25, 2006 at 5:08 AM
    • Christmas in Bodensee

by LauraLexi Online Now Sep 1, 2005 at 1:27 PM

My family and I have had many lovely holidays in South Germany and we very much enjoy the German Christmas and the run-up to Christmas (not to mention the summers). Our winter experiences so far have been of Garmisch-Partenkirchen and surrounding area which of course with the snow, mountains and Christmas markets is especially magical. This year we are considering a week immediately before Christmas in the Bodensee area and from the map think the eastern end of Bodensee looks a reasonable bet - Bregenz has about the same population as Garmisch and the mountains do not appear far. BUT - does it have that magical touch? Are there nice (not too big) Christmas markets nearby and would our 5 & 6 year old girls (sledgers, not ski-ers) be kept entertained? Any tips or advice would be gratefully received.

7 Answers Oct 1, 2005 at 9:27 AM