Bochum Travel Answers

change location

Taxi from Dusseldorf Airport & Tourist Buses

by annemarie521 Online Now Jun 20, 2008 at 6:34 AM

Hi there
We are three people visiting Bochum in two weeks time please can anyone tell me 1. How much will taxi fare be from Dusseldorf airport to Bochum and does Bochum have a tourist bus that would do a tour of the city? Thanks annemarie521

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Taxi from Dusseldorf Airport & Tourist Buses

by K_V_B Online Now Jun 20, 2008 at 7:07 AM

I gues a txi to Bochum would be about Euro 60,-. However, there are several direct trains per hour from the airport to Bochum. Why take a taxi? If you choose to take the train however stick to RE trains, as they are cheaper. The more expensive IC and ICE trains are not faster on this trip. The best ticket to get would be a group ticket of price category C that is valid for up to five persons for the whole day on the whole network around Dusseldorf and Bochum (and in between). This ticket costs 28,10
    The Bochum tourism site does not mention a tourist bus. But there is nothing stopping you from using normal public transportation or just walking.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by annemarie521 Online Now Jun 21, 2008 at 7:32 AM

Thank you for your reply the train info is worth considering, but the reason I asked about the tourist bus is because I am taking my mother who is 80yrs old and cannot walk very far, but as she grew up in Bochum and this is her first return there for over 40 yrs she would like to see as much of the city as possible, in the very short, two full days we will be there, thank you!!!

by K_V_B Online Now Jun 22, 2008 at 2:38 PM

I understand about the taxi. The price I gave is based on the distance and what I know about taxi rates in that part, so it's just an indication.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines