Bocas del Toro Travel Answers

change location
uscurr's Profile Photo

Most Direct Route

by uscurr Online Now May 15, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I am planning to visit Panama in February. I have been told this is the most favorable time to visit. I would like to know the following:

1. What is the best way to go from Panama City to Bocas del Toro?

2. I am traveling as a single person; is this a place where I need to take a companion or will I be able to find companionship in both Panama City and Bocas. If so where would I be looking. (I am 62)

3. I hear Boquete is a lovely place to visit. Do I do Bocas or Boquete.

4. I am planning to make this a 3 week vacation. How would you plan this out?

Thank you for all your help. I know there are many questions but you never go wrong when you get the information you are looking for from those who live there.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • sandman78's Profile Photo

Re: Most Direct Route

by sandman78 Online Now Jul 6, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Best way from PC to Bocas is by plane. Taca airlines. I traveled solo both times, easy to meet people, not sure what you mean by 'companionship'. Boquete, although I have not been there, has been described to me by several people (including someone in my hometown USA who owns a house there) as an expat town, so I'd definitely recommend Bocas over Boquette. I've spent 10 days in the Bocas area, divided between Bocas Town and Bastimentos. Bastimentos is an easy place to spend a long time; I only left because I became tired of eating the same meals in the same two restaurants day after day. Otherwise its great. Hope this helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines