I have 3-4 days to spend in Salzburg.
1. Any suggestions on reasonably priced hotels near the main train station? I want to be close to transportation (train/busses)
2. I was planning on doing the Hohenwefen fortress, mirabell gardens, mozart house, schools leopldskron. can i get to all of these with public transportation or should i buy a pass on those hop on hop off tourist busses? I want to be as economical as possible. Also, with these attractions in mind, is it worth for me to buy that pass everyone says allows free access to some of the attractions?
3. I want to visit the Werfen ice caves. How far is this? Should I take a day tour or should I go by public transportation on my own?
4. Hallstatt- by bus or train? or should I take a tour there?
5. Having all these things in mind, should I go back to Salzburg or should I stay in Werfen/Hallstatt? I am leaving to Budapest after Salzburg. Hotels seem to be very expensive in Salzburg.
I don't want to do the typical tourist tours. I want to take a run early in the morning around town, hike, bike around the city, take a dip on a lake if possible, have a picnic somewhere around nature. Any suggestions?!
As I will travel by train from Villach to Salzburg, and eventually come back after 3 days, I'll need to park the car for the period, possibly for free, and as near to the main railway station as possible.
Can you please suggest a possible parking lot nearby?
Thanks a lot
Hallo Community, ich schreibe jetzt einfach mal auf deutsch, da ich davon ausgehe, dass nur Einheimische Innsbrucker mir bei dieser Sache helfen können.
Wir wollen einen etwas ausgefallenen Junggesellenabschied in Innsbruck organisieren und benötigen dafür eine Unterkunft für 7 Personen für ein Wochenende im August (22.-24.08.) in der Nähe eines ruhigen Waldes oder kleinen Berges. Wir wollen in der kleinen Runde ein paar lustige Ritterspiele für den Jungesellen machen und hätten daher gerne unsere Ruhe. Das soll bis in den Nachmittag hinein gehen und anschließend wollen wir in die Innenstadt und eine Bar Hopping Tour machen. Also kein ganz klassischer JGA...
Wäre also eine Unterkunft (am liebsten ein Appartment, oder ein Hotel mit Mehrbettzimmern) in Fußnähe eines Waldes und in Taxi nähe (10-15 min Autofahrt) von der Innenstadt.
Hat jemand einen Tipp für mich?
We are reaching Salzburg on 4th of July and leaving for Budapest on 7th of July. During the stay we also intend to visit Gmunden for a day (To see the Thomas Bernard residence/museum). We are on a rather tight budget so would prefer to travel by buses.
1) Are there buses from Salzburg - Gmunden - Salzburg? How much does it cost?
2)How much would it cost to hire a taxi to Gmunden and back from Salzburg?
3) Is it better that we visit Gmunden on our way to Budapest?
Thanks in advance.
Hi! I'm going to Salzburg last week of july, and I need somewhere cheap to sleep. I have found a camping which is 8 km far from Salzburg, near Koppl, it's cheap and I like it. But I have a problem, because I have no car (not driving license), and I will move in public transport. Can anyone please tell me if there is a bus line between Koppl and Salzburg?
My wife and I are planning to visit Salzburg from 4th to 7th of July and travel to Budapest from there. We would also like to travel to Gmunden to visit the Thomas Bernhard Haus.
I would like to know the following information about the the best way to travel to Gmunden and Budapest in the following two scenarios. We are on a budget and cannot afford a taxi.
1) We travel to Gmunden from Salzburg on Sunday morning and stay at Gmunden for a night and travel to Budapest from there on Monday morning. Are there buses? Is this too compliacted?
2) We make a day trip to Gmunden on Saturday and travel to Budapest on Monday from Salzburg.
Also, do you have any information if Thomas Bernhard Haus is open on Sunday?
Thank you so much.
My group of 13 pax are traveling from Zell Am See to Salzburg with a 4 hours stop/lunch at Hallstat and would want to make full use of our time at Hallstat.
Do we have enough time to cover Rudolfsturm Scenic Lookout by Cable car too and how much is the cost per pax.
I would be very grateful if someone can advise me.
Thanks & Regards Alvin
HI . we come from Iran and we want to visit Austria in late july for two weeks .after 6 hours flight we will arrive to vienna airport then we plan to go to innsbruck at the same day and stay there for 12 nights and have day trips to different cities from there and then come back to vienna and stay there for 3 nights. do you think is it better to go to innsbruck first by train then rent a car or rent a car as we arrive at the vienna airport?
Hi! Im a 16 year old guy visiting Seefeld next october with my family and i've got a couple of questions.
First of all, hows the weather there in october? What kind of clothing should i bring with me?
I'm also interested in meeting new people during the trip, especially my age. What's the best place to hang out/socialise with other travellers and even locals my age? Or are there even many tourists there in october?
We will also have one daytrip somewhere during our stay, so what are some cool places to go max. 3 hours drive from Seefeld?
Last but not least: Since i'm 16, which is the legal drinking age there, hows the nightlife there? Can i be able to go to a bar or a nightclub there legally? And do you recommend any nightclubs/bars there? I know i'm young but luckily my parents are chill about the subject and don't have any problems with me possibly going out a couple of times during our trip.
Sorry bout the long list of questions, but all answers are seriously appreciated!
We will be in Vienna for four days mid August. On an Austrian website I found some themed cycling routes that sound interesting. Unfortunately none of them state the length of the routes and the degree of difficulty.
I have raised the question through the contact form on the website, but no reply so far.
Maybe some of the VT'ers know about these themed routes?
Here's the website.
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|