Blowing Rock

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vacation rental

Nags Head Jul 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I am seeking oceanfront or semi-oceanfront lodging for the week (or partial week) of Aug 10 or Aug 17,2014. Since there will only be 3 of us, I am looking for a small house, condo or efficiency. I have never been to the outer banks. I know nothing about the reliability of the rental companies Does anyone have any suggestions for a place for us? Thanks

more
    • dog friendly beaufort,nc

Beaufort Jul 13, 2014 at 5:58 AM

are there any dog friendly restaurants/ dog parks in the area?

more
    • Carolina Beach, NC

Carolina Beach Jul 3, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Hello - we have booked a room facing the beach at the Dolphin Lane Motel 318 Carolina Beach Ave North, Carolina Beach, NC for the week of 7-14. In looking at the ratings, i'm not sure it's the best place to stay. We want to stay on the beach. It's myself, and my 2 daughters. Do you have any suggestions? We are flying home from the Raleigh airport.
      Thanks - Christine

more
    • does it snow in jan

Boone 23 hours ago

someone please help me i have never seen it

more
    • Changing clothes

Charlotte Jul 17, 2014 at 6:27 AM

Should I wear bathing suit under my clothes or should I pack my bathing suit and towel in a backpack??

more
    • about river cruise

New Bern Jul 5, 2014 at 8:04 AM

where would I be able to book a tour for the river boat cruise?

more
    • 20 day roadtrip starting and ending in Chapel Hill, NC

North Carolina Jul 7, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Hi all! My boyfriend and I are planning a ~3 week long roadtrip in the South this summer. We're flying down to Chapel Hill and taking a car from there (we're starting in Chapel Hill because I have family there who are willing to lend us their car). We have 20 days altogether, and are a bit overwhelmed. We want to see a lot of places, and my boyfriend's willing to drive for long stretches at once (and overnight), but we also don't want to overload our schedule. How far Southwest do you think is reasonable? My boyfriend grew up in the South but has never really traveled Southwest, so if we could make it into the New Mexico area that would be awesome. But we also realize that might be too far. We were thinking of doing a loop, so going as far South and West as possible and then heading back to Chapel Hill a little more North (i.e. going through Kentucky).

Things we want to do/see: -beautiful countryside number 1--we want to hike, a beach is also always great, maybe even camping -good food
      -maybe horseback riding? And other outdoorsy activities...
      -visit culturally vibrant cities (New Orleans etc.)

I've heard that since we're going to be in Chapel Hill, Asheville is a must. I'm also thinking we should hit up Savannah and New Orleans? If we do make it as far West as New Mexico (assuming we went through New Orleans first) how should we navigate Texas (i.e. what cities are worth making a detour to visit)? Is it unrealistic to think we could get that far West though?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. We're planning on nailing down some accommodation reservations, and then figuring it out other times.

Thank you!

more
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Places to visit near the smokey mountains NC

North Carolina Jul 11, 2014 at 6:48 AM

We are planning a trip next year to take in the Georgia and the Carolinas. My initial plan is Fly to Atlanta, then drive to savannah and then to Charleston SC for a week on the coast. After that we woant to take a few days in NC, can anyone recommend any places to visit? I would like to stay near the smokey mountains for 2 days or so. So anywhere between Charleston & the smokey mountains??
      Also I may potentially visit west Virginia, as we intend to fly back from Charlotte.
      Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

more