Travel Answers
Blountstown

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Are there any good coffee shops in Fort Lauderdale other than Starbucks?

Fort Lauderdale May 7, 2015 at 1:30 PM

Hello,

I am from Tampa and will be heading to Fort Lauderdale in a couple of weeks. I usually enjoy independent coffee shops that offer fresh roasted small batch coffee brewed through a French press. I have done some research on yelp and came up with a few local places. If anyone else knows of a good spot please let me know. Here is what I found:

Sip Java Co - (formally Brew Urban Café) @ 638 N Federal Highway Fort Lauderdale FL. I heard that they carry Intelligentsia, Anodyne and Wells Coffee (all small roasted batches from around the world and you can brew them with a few different methods). Free wifi and good snacks or all day food offerings, tons of seating indoors and outdoors. Very quiet with free parking out front.

Brew Urban Café - 537 NW 1st Avenue in the art district. They are located in an art studio called C&I studios. Quiet and good locally roasted coffee too.

Warsaw Coffee Company - 245 E 13th St Fort Lauderdale FL. New coffee shop with lots of seating. They also offer locally roasted coffee from Argyle and have a bakery which pumps out some original and unique pastries. A little more on the pricey side of things and parking is limited.

The Alchemist - They are located in Wilton Manors which is about a 15 minute drive from Fort Lauderdale. They have a good variety of coffee and pump out some good sandwiches.

These are some of the best places to enjoy coffee. If you all have any additional info please reply!

more
    • Commuting Orlando to Auburndale / Lakeland

Orlando May 4, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Hello,

I've yet to find a good answer to this question.

I will be starting a new job in Auburndale, FL and planned to commute from the north side of Orlando (near I-4). I understand I-4 could potentially be a nightmare during rush hour, but does it depend on the direction you're going?

Traveling south (I-4 W) during morning traffic and north (I-4 E) in afternoon traffic. Will I generally be going against heavy traffic? Estimated time typically says near 1 hour. Would you expect this to be higher, or relatively accurate?

I appreciate any insight you could offer...Thanks!

more
    • Honeymoon Destination

Key West May 3, 2015 at 7:45 PM

Where is the best spot to stay on a honeymoon?

more
    • port of Miami hotel rooms

Miami Apr 28, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Any in the 250 range that have a view of the cruise ships coming into the port? Thanks 

more
    • Extended Stay America

Jacksonville May 23, 2015 at 9:07 AM

I am going to work at the Naval Air Station in Jax. I will stay temporarily at Extended Stay America on Western Way. Did I pick a fairly safe area?

more
    • Transport to Clearwater Beach

Orlando May 10, 2015 at 6:16 AM

What transport is available from Orlando International Airport to Clearwater Beach please?

more
    • xoxoxenophile's Profile Photo

Transportation South Beach to Miami Seaquarium?

Miami May 19, 2015 at 4:57 PM

I will be staying in South Beach Miami next Friday and Saturday morning. Originally I was planning on just hanging out at the beach, Lincoln Road Mall, Ocean Drive, etc. but now I think a change of pace might be nice. I was doing some reading and I'm thinking about visiting Miami Seaquarium. I know there are some mixed reviews of the place, but I think it's mostly from people comparing it to SeaWorld and I haven't been anywhere like that before so I think I'll enjoy it. :)

The problem is it /is/ a little expensive at $42/ticket, so I'm only going to do it if there's a cheaper public transportation option I can take there. It looks like a cab ride would be $24-30 each way and I'd rather not make this a $100 excursion. Is there like a bus route or something I could take? If so, how much would it cost and how long would it take? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

more
    • MichaelB90's Profile Photo

What is the name of the Pirate Themed restaurant in Orlando

Orlando May 7, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Its the same idea as the medieval times place, but pirate themed, we went recently and I'd like to leave a review.

more