change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• smeans2's Profile Photo

Europcar dependability/Saint Pierre des Corps TGV Station

Tours Dec 12, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Has anyone had experience renting an automatic transmission car from Europcar at the TGV station in Saint Pierre des Corps? Avis says "sold out," Hertz says "can't book on line--call" (not encouraging), and Europcar offers exactly what I want. Are they trustworthy? Sixt did this to me once (said "yes," had zip). I will not use them again. I know automatics are hard to find in France outside of airport locations, but If Europcar says they will provide one, what are my chances? Many thanks in advance to the many always-helpful VT members. --Spencer

more
    • Reynolds652143's Profile Photo

blois station

by Reynolds652143 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM

How much would it cost for taxi from Blois station to chateaux des Maris?

4 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    • BUS to Blois

by corsaire16 Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Hello everyone, I will be arriving at 640am to Charles de Gaulle Airport Paris, and I need to go to Blois.

I find it a little expensive to take a train from CDG T2 to Saint Pierre Des Corps at 4km of Tours, and then another train to Blois - Euro 68, on 7th June.

The other method seems to be to take the RER from CDG to Paris Austerlitz and then a Intercites train down to Blois. However, the train to Blois is at 0738 or at 1238, which 12.38pm will be a little late for me as I want to try to visit both Chambord and Cheverny in a day...and yet 07.38am at Paris Austerlitz is too rush for me since I land at 6.40am.

Does anybody know of a bus from Paris to Blois? Or a slightly cheaper but pretty fast way to Blois from CDG?

Thank you...

2 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Taxi fare to Chateau Chambord

by SandiM Online Now Jan 11, 2011 at 10:04 AM

In April, we are staying at the Grand St Michel hotel on the grounds of Chambord. The hotel has suggested we get there from the train station in Blois by Taxi (or bus, but the schedules aren't ready yet). Can someone who has done this recently let me know approximately the cost of a taxi to the Chateau? We arrive at the station around 330pm. thanks!

• smeans2's Profile Photo

Need advice about the wisdom of a late March visit

by smeans2 Online Now Dec 12, 2010 at 4:23 PM

I will be in Paris later in March, and I want to extend the trip to visit Bourges and Chartres (by train). I've discovered I could easily visit at least part of the Loire Valley (by car) en route from Bourges to Chartres, but I have to wonder if this is a crazy idea. I don't expect anyone to predict the weather, but is the area (roughly from Tours to Orleans) likely to be at all rewarding at this time of the year? Perhaps there will be a very early spring :-), but assuming there is not, I would appreciate any thoughts on my sanity. I should confess that while I would want to visit a major chateau or two, this would not be my primary interest--landscape, villages, churches are my things. I'm sure there are better times to visit, but I'm working with the opportunity I have.

4 Answers Dec 14, 2010 at 2:44 AM
    • Restaurant

by losham Online Now Sep 25, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Hello,

My husband and I will be in Blois for 2 nights (Oct 13 &14) and could use your help with restaurant recommendations. We always eat Italian food at home in New York so we just want French (preferably traditional) food.

Thank you.

Losham

1 Answer Sep 25, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    • taxi fares

by rchitekt Online Now Oct 18, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Could somebody tell me as to how much I should expect to pay for the taxi from Blois railway station to the chateau and Bloise to Chambord chateau.

Also can I get a taxi at the chateau or I will have to find a taxi stand..

Is there a bus or train from Blois to Chambord ??

1 Answer Oct 19, 2009 at 4:04 PM
    • ariem

by ariemezer Online Now Oct 29, 2008 at 5:28 AM

are there wheelchair accessible restaurants in blois?

2 Answers Oct 30, 2008 at 10:55 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Bus Schedules to Chambord

by roamer61 Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 11:04 AM

I need the bus schedule to Chateau de Chambord and back. All I saw thus far online was all in French. I will be going in May.