Block Island Travel Answers

change location

Block Island with a baby

by nicholanna Online Now Jan 14, 2008 at 1:42 PM

I am interested in visiting block island with a 6 month old, i would like to do short hikes, and maybe some shopping or biking, would it be a better idea to bring him in a backpack carrier rather than a jogging stroller?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Re: Block Island with a baby

by Pawtuxet Online Now Feb 5, 2008 at 4:05 PM

I must admit I haven't done the island with a baby, but you could easily carry both on the ferry and use whichever one you like when you are on the island. Lots of little roads you might wish to job with the stroller... and if you find you wish to walk the beach... the pouch would be ideal. There are some shops, but not a lot. You wouldn't see as many as in Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket. Nowhere near as built up. A good deal of the island is undeveloped... beaches... farmland. I have rented a bike on the island.
    Hope you have fun! You could check out my Block Island page to see if anything there appeals.
    Janet in Pawtuxet Village, Rhode Island

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Block Island with a baby

by nicholanna Online Now Jun 18, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Hi, I am planning on going to bi for 1 night, a monday night in july, just in case the weather looks bad-i would rather not make it ahead of time, since we will lose our whole deposit, i was thinking of calling a couple days or so before we left, we need a crib and want to be within walking distance of the ferry and a nice beach-any suggestions? thanks so much!
    Nicky

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines