Block Island Travel Answers

change location

anybody from block island or been to block island?????

by anya815 Online Now Aug 4, 2004 at 7:56 AM

im planning to visit block island with my bf for three days sometime this month or next month. any suggestions where i can stay? any tips where to go, dine, etc? thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • jackcd's Profile Photo

RE: anybody from block island or been to block island?????

by jackcd Online Now Aug 26, 2005 at 8:49 AM

i live in ri and have been there many times. it is real nice but not as fancy as Nantucket. it is also very crowded in the summer as it is easy to get there from the mainland. i suggest that you go after labor day. call kathy szabo who heads the chamber of commerce @ 401 466 8938. she is a client of mine and very nice. jack dusel

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: anybody from block island or been to block island?????

by jonspuds Online Now May 29, 2006 at 10:46 AM

You will love Block Island if you love a beautiful natural spot not overrun with chain stores and fast food outlets. Block Island was named one of the last great places and it is. You arrive in a small harbor town with shops and restaurants. The rest of the Island is pretty much residential. There is a great rental apartment in town that has all the modern conviences one expects these days(but are not always available on Bliock island. It is Called Suite Dreams and they have a web site- www.suitedreamsbi.com. Also checkout the Chamber of Commerce site:www.blockislandchamber.com.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines