Blarney Travel Answers

change location

question

by adonigan Online Now Sep 28, 2009 at 12:19 PM

If I am staying in Cork, how long would it take to walk to Blarney Castle?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: question

by leics Online Now Sep 28, 2009 at 12:36 PM

By road from the centre of Cork (not necessarily your starting point) it is around 6 miles. You will not, of course, be able to walk alongside the motorway.

So it will take as long as it will take you to walk 6+ miles, using smaller roads, allowing extra time to navigate etc.

You can find the route (with or without motorway) here:

theaa.com/route-planner/inde...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • suvanki's Profile Photo

Re: question

by suvanki Online Now Sep 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Alternative choice is the number 224 bus from Merchants Quay (though sometimes from Parnell Place Bus Station (A few metres away)- check the timetables

Buses run daily except for Christmas Day (December 25th). On Public Holidays, the buses usually run as for the Sunday Service. Christmas and New Years Eve they stop at 2100hrs.
    From Cork - Mon - Friday 06.20 - 23.00hrs. Saturday 07.25 - 2300hrs Sunday 0800 - 2300hrs
    From Blarney Mon - Fri 06.55 - 23.35, Saturday 08.10 - 23.35 and Sunday 08.35 - 23.35

The journey takes about 25 minutes (Get to the stop in plenty of time - as from Cork, the bus was pretty full, and from Blarney, it is quite usual for the bus to leave at least 10 minutes early!- If you look at my Blarney page you'll see that we were taken by surprise- Sunday in Ireland- surely the bus won't leave early!!-WRONG!)

Buy your ticket from the automated machines in the bus station (to save time, and to prevent annoying the other passengers as you fumble for change). The instructions are quite easy to follow. You can also purchase your ticket from the ticket desk.

We paid 5.60 euros each for a same day return ticket. Keep your ticket safe, refunds aren't given if you lose it, and inspectors can board the bus to check tickets at any time.
    Have A Great trip-Please feel free to contact me for more info.
    Looking forward to reading all about your trip.
    Best Wishes,
    Sue

• Re: question

by tommartin59 Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 4:01 AM

Blarney Castle is about 4-5 miles from the centre of Cork but the way there is pretty hilly......i would say about 1-1.5 hours depending upon how fast you walk

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines