Blanes Travel Answers

change location

blanes at the end of March

by mondayclubber Online Now Oct 22, 2008 at 7:09 AM

myself and 3 friends are going to blanes at the end of March. my question is basically this..Will it be warm? will there be any place open? were late 30's early 40's. not too fussed about partying.just a nice restaraunt, and a few bars mabye? just looking forward to the trip away. its 4 days. any info would be much appreciated. Thanks Linda xx

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • doodybee's Profile Photo

Re: blanes at the end of March

by doodybee Online Now Oct 22, 2008 at 7:29 AM

hiya
    we have just returned from the Costa Brava -Pineda de Mar - and it was warm enough to sunbathe so i am guessing it will be warmer than were you are going from in March too

the whole coast up there seems to run from one resort to another

Malgrat- Santa Susanna and Pineda were wlked from end to end on the front in less than 1 hour - Calella- Lloret & Blanes is probably the same sort of distance

we found plenty to do with a few bars open in Pineda and Santa Susanna & Malgrat seeming like "blackpool" in the sun - blanes is more like these two i believe - it will be early season up on that coast but i am sure you will find something to suit

oh and make it into barcelona on the train one day two for something different - its worth it - about 1hr away and about 6-50 euros
    enjoy your trip
    julie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ghosthunter's Profile Photo

by ghosthunter Online Now Oct 22, 2008 at 11:55 AM

Agree with Julie's suggestion of taking the train into Barcelona but don't rely on it being much warmer than the UK as it usually isn't that time of year. Wonderful beaches in that area but going in the sea isn't an option as it will be far too cold.

• Re: blanes at the end of March

by mondayclubber Online Now Oct 23, 2008 at 3:24 PM

thanks for your replys. Were not really expecting the weather to be that great to be honest. just as long as theres a few bars and restaraunts open. were all looking forward to getting away.thanks again...Linda xx

• le_bod's Profile Photo

by le_bod Online Now Nov 23, 2008 at 11:03 AM

it may just be warming up at that time of the year, sounds like the beaches have improved as the last time I went for a paddle at Blanes I got my shins pebble dashed.

The area around the harbour has some decent eating places and it's still a functioning fishing port. Unlike malgrat and santa susannah, it isn't possible to walk from blanes to LLoret or Tossa unless you're a mountain goat with webbed feet.The train station is a wee walk from the centre, but well worth the effort if you want to visit Barcelona or Girona. Have a good time.

• Re: blanes at the end of March

by mondayclubber Online Now Jan 11, 2009 at 3:23 PM

thanks for your reply.only just seen it!!! we cant wait.getting excited now.thanks again.
    Linda xx

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines