Blacksburg Travel Answers

change location
bryan240's Profile Photo

Coming to Blacksburg

by bryan240 Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM

my wife and i will be coming to the Blacksburg area in late March to purchase a dog, but we will be drivng 2.5 hrs to get there so we want to make a day of it. What will be good to do that can include our new pet?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Coming to Blacksburg

by xymmot Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Is this Blacksburg , Va, the college town of Virginia Tech? Plenty of nothing to do there. I roam the campus and grab a few eats and leave unless there is a game or someone you want to see there. It's a university town now.

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I've only been there to drop off or pick up a student (or to tour the campus before she became a student), but Jefferson National Forest is nearby.

• blacksburgstuff's Profile Photo

by blacksburgstuff Online Now May 15, 2013 at 1:10 PM

If your pet knew you well, I would highly recommend the Blacksburg Dog Park on Toms Creek. blogs.roanoke.com/theburgs/f...

But since your pet will not be familiar with you, take him for a walk on the beautiful Huckleberry Trail OR over at Duck Pond on the Virginia Tech Campus. Be sure to bring bags for scooping up poop as all facilities are strict about this. Most of the sidewalk cafes in Blacksburg are puppy friendly.

• blacksburgstuff's Profile Photo

by blacksburgstuff Online Now May 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Tommy,

There is so much to do in Blacksburg! Tubing the New River, Hiking the Cascades, walking/cycling the Huckleberry Trail, artsy films at the Lyric, amazing dining (French, Italian, American, Cajun, Seafood, Mexican, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Bakeries, and Sports Bars galore), Art Galleries scattered throughout, coffee shops, climbing, skating, swimming, shopping and so much more...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines