Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• I am a knitter

Dublin Feb 20, 2015 at 4:42 PM

and wondering if there are knit shops in dublin

more
    • Dublin and....

Dublin Feb 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM

I will spend 5 days in Ireland at the end of June. It's my first trip to Ireland.
      I intend to stay in Dublin for 2 days and then spend the other 3 days exploring. Considering that I have decided that I won't rent a car, I am wondering what part of Ireland I should visit. Is it possible, considering that I would use trains and buses, to visit Galway, the Cliffs of Moher and around in 3 days? I am hesitating between this area and the Ring of Kerry. I believe I cannot do both even partly, because of time constraints (3 days).

Your help will be very much appreciated.

more
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Where to stay?

Dublin Feb 11, 2015 at 4:17 AM

Young couple (mid 20's) is going to Dublin. In what area should they stay - probably close to nightlife/pubs with good access to public transportation to explore the city and other parts of Ireland?

Any other tips - things to do, great restaurants, the whisky trail - always welcome. :-)

more
    • hevbell's Profile Photo

daytrip to Glendalough

Dublin Feb 10, 2015 at 6:25 AM

Background - I am spending a few days in Dublin during march with my parents for a belated birthday trip for them. I have been to Dublin several times but they have never been. I was thinking of day trips we could do that would let them see something of the Irish countryside and preferably something that I have never done on my previous trips so Glendalough sprang to mind.

Reading other posts it doesn't seem like there is much choice in public transport?? but my concern with an organised tour is booking it and then finding its pouring with rain that day...

How much time would it take on average to see Glendalough? And if taking a tour do they give you time to take it in, take (lots in my case) photos etc or are you just rushed about? Would we be able to turn up for a tour on the day or must they be booked in advance?

Any advice appreciated! thanks

more