change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• asking about public transport triberg, schonwald and gengenbach

by SilviaAurelia Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 12:15 AM

hi

my plan is to explore triberg, schonwald and then gengenbach, with public transport. is it easy to use buses/train/taxi in those cities? i travel from other country with luggage, is there any buses or taxi from train station to hotel?

this is my first time to visit germany and we speak english only.

thanks

1 Answer Apr 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    • Attractions for kids on the way from Frankfurt to Black Forest

by sunflower2000 Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 10:38 AM

We are a family with 2 kids (14,11) and we are about to land in Frankfurt in August 2014. From there we will travel by car to the black forest.
      Do you have suggestions where we can stop to have some fun with the kids so we can break the long hours drive?

Many thanks:)

4 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 3:39 AM
    • Visit to Black Forest from Frankfurt or Stuggart

by sohvalerie Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Can you advise if it is better to travel from Frankfurt to Black Forest and if so, what is the travelling time? Secondly, if is better from Stuggart then also what is the travelling time?

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    • Best base in BF for train travel

by CloElo Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 6:09 PM

My 16 year old daughter and I will take the train from Frankfurt to the BF in July 2014. We want to enjoy short hikes, perhaps kayak. What town would be the best for us for a 3 night stay, only using the train/bus? Thanks!

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM
    • Suggestions for day trips

by Golpe Online Now Mar 18, 2014 at 11:23 PM

I will be in Gengenbach for a week in late May and am planning my itinerary. I will be visiting Strasbourg, Basel, Baden Baden and Freiburg. I'm seeking suggestions for a couple of more interesting day trips to get a "complete" feel of the Black Forest (towns, nature, other attractions).
      Thank you.

10 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 11:24 PM
    • rahulsapmm's Profile Photo

Travel with Public transport

by rahulsapmm Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 3:16 AM

Hello All,
      We're a family of 2 adults and 1 Kid, 6yrs.
      We want to visit the black forest area in Germany. We plan to visit in March End.
      What is the best possible route and plan to visit all the good places with Public transport.

We'll be coming from Erlangen/ Nuremberg.

Rahul

1 Answer Mar 9, 2014 at 7:24 PM
    • Best base in the Black Forest

by eidelweiss Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 3:28 AM

We want to base ourselves in the Black Forest, in a lovely traditional hotel/pension where we can drive all over to look at the lovely areas. Which area is best to travel from? Would love somewhere nice with wonderful food too.
      Thanks

1 Answer Feb 14, 2014 at 1:00 AM
    • convenient location to stay

by vijay.psrinivasan Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Our family group of 6 adults + 2 children wants to see Triberg falls, baden-Baden, Schwarzwaldpark in loeffingen. We plan to stay 3 nights, will be having a car are ok to drive upto 70km each day to see the places. We also plan to stay in a holiday house/apartment in the same place for the 3 nights
      In which place would you recommend to look for this stay?
      Many thanks in advance

7 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 10:28 PM
    • Black Forest in Feb 2014

by cute.sids Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 5:13 AM

Hi, we are a group of 4 planning to travel for 3 - 4 days to Black Forest region during February 2014. Can someone suggest the best possible places to visit and do we expect heavy snow / rainfall during this period. Thank you !

4 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 9:27 PM
    • BobW55's Profile Photo

Munich to Black Forrest by car

by BobW55 Online Now Dec 31, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Hi, we will be traveling from Munich to the Black Forrest (maybe Freiburg) in May 2014. (four days)
      We would like to avoid Autobahns and busy highways and take in as much of southern Germany as possible.
      Any suggested routes would be welcome.

8 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 5:44 PM
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

europa park

by shakakthar Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 4:48 AM

iam planning to visit europa park in black forest with my children.
      which is the most beautiful town in black forest to stay and reach RUST.
      which other 2 best destinations other than triberg for cuckoo clocks should i not miss to see.in black forest
      where can i find lush green meadows in this region

12 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 1:36 AM
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

europa park

by shakakthar Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM

hello all i would like to visit europa park in rust with my children.
      how do i go there?? from baden baden by public transport.
      i will be having 2 days to visit black forest ... please let me know which 2 other places i should not miss.apart from triberg which is famous for cuckoo clocks.
      my interest is in natural landscapes and would like to see extensive green pastures as far as my eye can see

1 Answer Nov 13, 2013 at 4:42 AM
    • Alagator's Profile Photo

Zimmer Frei

by Alagator Online Now Nov 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Are there many zimmer frei accommodations in the Black Forest? Can a central listing be found?

4 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    • January Travel

by khqfla Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM

We are an older couple that will be traveling to Southern Germany for 10 days driving from Stuttgart to where ever ending in Munich. We have options for Baden-Baden, BlackForest, Lindau, Salzburg, and Telfs, Austria but can travel freely in the area. Could you advise us of the snow possibilities, driving conditions and special sights/areas that we shouldn't miss. Thank you!

2 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 7:35 AM
    • NAOMI58's Profile Photo

Belchen mountain

by NAOMI58 Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM

hello
      I cannot find on the net any instructions on how to get to Belchen Mountain ( Belchen-Seilbahn) in English. Can anyone explain how to get there by bus or train from Breisach ? Also-I would love to hear any sugestions on where to visit neighbour places ( villages or places of interest ) for the same day -For example- I s Staufen near by and easy to reach by train or bus from Belchen ?Thank you !

3 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 5:18 AM
    • Special attractions beyond the gorgeous views

by 33hobbes Online Now Sep 14, 2013 at 7:40 AM

My husband and I are planning to travel (kid free) and spend three full days in Black Forest mid-October this year. As nature lovers, there is no lack of what to see or where to hike, and we will definately visit a spa. However, we wonder if there is something extra special or differrent to see in this region that is one of those "must-see" moments before having to head back home.

Thank you :)

6 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Feldsee-How to get there

by NAOMI58 Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Hello friends,
      How does one get to Feldsee from Breisach ?
      I hear there is a walking path to the lake that goes downand then-ofcourse up again to the cable car station .Is it a long difficult walk ? How long will it take ?
      Are there other lakes in the area( as nice as this one ) that can be reached without the need to walk ? The big lakes are not as attractive to me :-) Thnaks !

9 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Fall in the Black Forest -where to go for the best colors ?

by NAOMI58 Online Now Aug 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM

hi
      I am planning a trip to the black forest early october this year.I am interested in photographing fall colors.Where is the best place to visit for the most beautiful colors ? Hiking is very limited and I must be able to get there by public transportation.
      Thnak you !

13 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • KiraO's Profile Photo

Plan a trip in the Black Forst for 7 days

by KiraO Online Now Aug 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Hi all,

We are coming to the black forest at the end of August for 7 days!
      We are arriving to Munich at about 5PM, renting a car, and 7 days (6 nights) later flying back from Munich at around 7PM.
      We are interested in nature, simple short hikes (my parents are in their mid 50's, and I am in my late 20's), waterfalls, lakes, small cute towns, beautiful churches etc.
      We are not interested in museums, walking in castles etc. We can see the castle from the outside, but the inside is really not our thing, unless it is a "must see".
      I do love animals, so if there is a good zoo around, or an animal attraction - I am all for it.
      We are also considering Europa Park.

I would really appreciate any points of what we must see, recommendations on where to stay or anything else you want to tell me!

Thanks much!
      Kira

7 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 5:11 AM
    • 4 nights in Black Forest-- itinerary suggestions

by Jimnpatty Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Hello, We are planning to spend 4 nights in the upper Black Forest area this October coming from Strasbourg on Weds 10/23 and returning to Paris (via Strasbourg) on Sun 10/27. We will be traveling by train and would like to stay 2 nights in different towns. Use of the Konus card is very appealing (however I understand it is not accepted in Baden-Baden). Right now we're thinking of 2 nights in Gengenbach and 2 nights in or near Baden-Baden.

Any comments/tips on this plan or alternate suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks! Jim & Patty

2 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    • Travel from Netherlands to Black Forest

by ssreehari1984 Online Now Aug 4, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Hi, Can you please tell me how can I travel to Black Forest from Eindhoven, Netherlands?

5 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    • travel

by laurieeady Online Now Jul 20, 2013 at 6:51 AM

whats best form of travel from Rottweil to Triberg for a day out ,car hire /taxis /bus/and train

4 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM
    • Amsterdam to Blackforest

by gurramdi Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Hi,

We are 3 adults and one kid, planning to go to black forest from Amsterdam. Its an unplanned one and we wanted to go next week june 6 and stay there for 3 nights. Can some one please suggest a country side farmhouse/apartment where its nice, warm calm and pleasant? Would prefer more green!!

Appreciate your help in advance.
      Din

1 Answer Jun 2, 2013 at 6:17 AM
    • travel information from munich to black forest

by bigway Online Now May 28, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Could you guide us how to go black forest from schliersee ?
      We are 11 pax

6 Answers May 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    • 4 days in the Black Forest

by Daddygugu Online Now May 28, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Hi,
      My husband and I, both in our early 60s have 4 days that we would like to spend in the Black Forest. We would be coming in from Amsterdam. Is it a good idea to come by train to Stuttgart to begin our BF trip? We would like to explore the BF by car, preferably a private guided tour which would also include short scenic train rides or half day or one day cruises. Would really appreciate any tips and advice specially re guided tours and routing.
      Thank you all loads!

2 Answers May 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    • Camping in August

by travelerjackson Online Now May 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Would it be too hot to go camping in the Black Forest in August? And are there many campsites?

3 Answers May 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM
    • Black Forest and romantic road

by Poorva Online Now May 13, 2013 at 8:15 PM

We arrive in frankfurt at 3pm in June and have 3entire days.can anyone pl help to plan Black Forest and romantic road in 3 days and what cities to stay in .thankyou

4 Answers May 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    • RochelleF's Profile Photo

Family walks and where to stay - first time in BF

by RochelleF Online Now Apr 28, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Hello, we are a family with 2 children, 9 & 6.
      We want 5 miles circular walks, visits to waterfalls,
      And train rides. Ending our holiday at the europark in Rust?
      We'd like to get an idea of where to stay and whether
      We can get around using public transport or do we need
      Car hire. We are coming to BF on the 25th May. Thanks

2 Answers Apr 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM
    • Weather In May

by Dolmenangel Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Hi,
      We are travelling to Simmersfeld, Last 2 weeks in May, we are wondering what the weather is usually like at this time of the year.

3 Answers Apr 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    • ana_islas's Profile Photo

4 days in the Black Forest

by ana_islas Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Hello we are two young couples (30s) traveling to the Black Forest at the end of the month. We are planning on visiting small towns, eating the local food, wine and beers. Where hoping you could give us some tips on wich places not to miss (towns, restaurants, bars, views). Wich would you think is best? To rent a car or to buy the big groups regional trains ticket?? Is it comfortable to travel around the Black Forest in train or is best to go there by car? Thank you very much for your help. Ana

4 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM