Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Monument Travel Answers

change location
YWLTP's Profile Photo

lodging

by YWLTP Online Now May 5, 2007 at 8:20 PM

HOWDY! We are looking for a cabin/home to rent near the Ouray/Montrose area that is on a lake or river… we want to be able to fish out the back or front door… we have been searching with NO LUCK! So many great places to fish but no lodging on the water so we can stay where we fish… we don’t want to have to drive more than 40 minute or so from Ouray… HELP!!!  any ideas???

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Theeng's Profile Photo

Re: lodging

by Theeng Online Now May 7, 2007 at 3:50 PM

Have you tried checking out the rental cabins at Trout Lake? The lake is beautiful, about 60 miles from Ouray.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • YWLTP's Profile Photo

by YWLTP Online Now May 11, 2007 at 8:35 PM

I'm looking right now on line and i see great info on the lake but not cabins... do you know where in might find info on them? Thanks so much for the help!

• Re: lodging

by LinColorado Online Now May 12, 2007 at 9:29 AM

I didn't know about rental cabins on Trout Lake either, but I would like know about them as well. That's a very pretty area.

I did find this on Google though. Maybe this is it, although it's not right on the lake...

http://www.vrbo.com/117060

• YWLTP's Profile Photo

by YWLTP Online Now May 12, 2007 at 9:48 PM

Thanks a ton! That is a great spot if only it was right on the water... but at least its really close... i'll let you know if i find anything else! and your right the lake is sooooo pretty! wish me luck on cathing a fish or two! :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Monument