Bitola Travel Answers

change location
BoraArasan's Profile Photo

how safe and how possible

by BoraArasan Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 2:52 AM

hi,

i am planning next evening of saturday i catch a bus to bitola from sofia at 21:00 with my wife . Approximately 2 am or 3 am we will be reached there. How safe is Bitola bus station .Can we wait or sleep there until morning comes? is tere any security?

Second question...

in our plan we try to go albania via struga until Tirana and turn to Prizren from there. Overnight coach voyage is possible by bus? İf it is possible whether you can say arrival and departure time.

Thank you all..

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • alek's Profile Photo

Re: how safe and how possible

by alek Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Bitola as all other towns in Macedonia is safe, you have nothing to worry bout.As for going to Tirana, I would always recommend going to St Naum (you can go by bus from Ohrid), visit the monastry there, enjoy the beauty for couple of hours, walk across the border, take a taxi to pogradec, have a lunch there in some restaurant, then take minibus to Tirana.

As for the other option via Struga, i think the bus is leaving Skopje at 19:00, add 3 hours, it should be in Struga around 22:00, probably just stopping to leave/pick up passengers. For the exact location or time, i think you will have to ask at the Struga bus station.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ezerski's Profile Photo

by ezerski Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Alec is correct in his answers and hints. I have to add that the departure of the bus from Struga to Tirana and Monte Negro is at 22:00 but not from the main station(thanks god its so far) but from the parking place just nearby hotel "Drim"
    Hotel is easy to find on the place where river is getting out of the lake. check Google earth, it so visible.
    Best regards Ezerski

• Re: how safe and how possible

by jeanfinney Online Now Aug 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM

I definitely recommend going by Sveti Naum, it is really beautiful...

• BoraArasan's Profile Photo

by BoraArasan Online Now Aug 14, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Thank you my friends for all your helpfully messages....

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bitola