Bitola Travel Answers

change location

Hotels in Bitola & Prilep

by ChesterGirl Online Now Aug 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Me & 3 friends are off to Macedonia in 3 weeks & I need info on Hotel Tokin House in Bitola.
I heard that is the only good budget hotel in town. I had quick look on TA for rating, and is good, but any of you had experiance using this hotel?
Also can somebody recomend hotel in Prilp. Very hard to find any info on Prilep.
Tanx

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Pijlmans's Profile Photo

Re: Hotels in Bitola & Prilep

by Pijlmans Online Now Aug 8, 2009 at 3:07 AM

Hello,

In Prilep I stayed in Hotel Crystal Palace, which is rather expensive ($$$)(members.virtualtourist.com/m...

The Bradt Travel Guide Macedonia (try to get it!) also lists

Makam Sonce Palace, 25 rooms, Aleksandar Makedonski 4/3a, (+389)(0)48 401 720 fax 048 401 733, makam@makam.com.mk, Pleasant rooms recently renovated, large itness centre and outdoor pool,$

Pansion Breza, 9 rooms, Mosa Pijade 24a, 048 423 683 or 071 214 071. Rooms in large house with nice small breakfast area,$

You could also hike to the Monastery of Treskavec, see "Monastery of Treskavec, Prilep" - Prilep Off The Beaten Path Tip by Pijlmans

Enjoy, Dennis

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

by MacedonianUK Online Now Aug 8, 2009 at 6:54 AM

I do not much about accomodation in Prilep, but few friends of mine from UK, NZ & France stayed there in years past & present. All of them said that is very good budget hotel and very clean.recently another VT memeber who come to visit stayed there too. all in all people I know have good experiance uing Tokin House, btw I have it listed on my Bitola page too.
    Re: Prilep, I can recomand few good resaturants in town, my absolutely favorite is Makedonks Kuka national restaurant. Exelent food & service.
    www.makedonskakuka.com.mk
    Enjoy Macedonia
    MacedonianUK

• alan1972's Profile Photo

by alan1972 Online Now Aug 9, 2009 at 4:22 AM

I stayed in Tokin House a couple of years ago and liked it a lot, it's comfortable and with a good location, quiet but very central.

I also stayed in Kristal Palas in Prilep, it's a comfortable modern hotel, but I suppose it would be in the mid-price rather than budget category.

• Re: Hotels in Bitola & Prilep - Try Hotel Bitola

by ezh Online Now Feb 16, 2011 at 11:29 AM

If you were a traveling salesman with a limited expense account, you'd stay in the Hotel Bitola. The light works, the water and shower work, there are no insects in the bed. It's cheap.

I got off the bus, and the taxi driver said "Where to?" I said I didn't have a place. He suggested Epinal, and I said it would be too expensive. So he took me to Hotel Bitola. It's on the west side of town, off "General Vasko Karangelevski". It's about a mile from the middle of town (Shirak Sokak), and you can walk there easily (at any time of day or night - this is Republic of Macedonia, not New York City). Walk along Partizanska or along the river. If you take the river route, notice the monument to the Bulgarian prison - get someone to translate for you.

Big plus to Hotel Bitola: EVERY evening in the summer there are BIG weddings in the hotel restaurant. Usually muslim. Sit in the lobby and listen to the music.

Bitola is HOT in the summer.

The breakfast you get with your room is very minimal. And I never ate there for other meals. But there are eating places nearby, if you don't want to walk to the center.

Caution: be prepared to pay cash when you check out. I thought I had verified I could, but when I went to pay, they didn't take this card, didn't have the form for that card.

You are a bit off the usual tourist track, and you may find fewer people who speak English. I speak reasonably good Macedonian.

Enjoy.

• Pijlmans's Profile Photo

by Pijlmans Online Now Feb 16, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Better than never? This question was from 2009 :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bitola