Bitola Travel Answers

change location

BUS FROM BITOLA

by RHONDS Online Now Jul 26, 2008 at 9:21 PM

WANT TO KNOW IS THERE A DIRECT BUS, FROM EITHER DEBAR OR BITOLA FYR TO THESSALONIKI? IF SO APPROX HOW MUCH SHOULD IT COST, AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?

THANK yOU

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • alan1972's Profile Photo

Re: BUS FROM BITOLA

by alan1972 Online Now Jul 27, 2008 at 1:06 PM

As far as I know there is no public transport from Bitola to Greece - travellers without their own cars have to take a taxi across the border. The only cross-border public transport seems to be the Skopje-Thessaloniki train and maybe a few buses from Skopje (only a few times a week) - not very convenient if you are starting in Bitola.

Of course it's always possible that something has changed recently, but that's how it was when I was there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Re: BUS FROM BITOLA

by MacedonianUK Online Now Jul 29, 2008 at 9:08 AM

Unfortunatly there is no public transport between Republic of Macedonia and Greece what soever if you do not count one train witch goes from Athens-Tessaloniki to Munich, via Skopje and Belgrade.
    You can get bus from Debar to Bitola via Ohrid and Resen.
    From there taxi 20 euros to Florina.
    From Florina there is a bus to Tessaloniki, (first bus going out 7.30am) and takes 3.30hs ;price 13.50euros one way.
    I know wery relayable taxi driver I use every time when I go home to Bitola. If you need his tel no please send me massage.
    Happy travels
    Macedonian

• Re: BUS FROM BITOLA

by Eli88 Online Now Dec 13, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Actually I planed to travel to Bitola tomorrow, I didn't know there were no Greek taxi driver allowed to cross the frontere from Florina to Bitola, so if you can send me numbers of makedonian taxi drivers it would really help me (actually it will save me...).
    Tks!!
    here is my mail : elsb.r(at)hotmail.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bitola