Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Turkey Yesterday

We are wanting to do a Bosphorus Cruise in the late afternoon. Is there any such cruise that we can take from Kabatas at about 5:30 or 6 PM and then return to Kabatas / Eminou at around 10:30 - 1100 PM. What would be the best options available? We are not so keen on dinner etc, however commentary or at least an audio guide would be a must. Thanks in Advance

• Shopping in Denizli

Denizli Oct 26, 2015 at 9:48 PM

Where is best to shop for authentic Denizli's souvenirs in Denizli town?

• azharbd's Profile Photo

Currency and Hotel

Istanbul Yesterday

What should i need to carry USD, EUR or Turkish Lira?

also please suggest a cheap but good hotel at Istanbul (sultanahmet area)

• safran bolu to cappadocia

Safranbolu Nov 17, 2015 at 7:29 AM

Hi. i was wondering if there are direct bus from safran bolu to cappadocia? all that i have read so far said that we must take another bus from ankara. also i'll be travelling in december so will there be plenty of buses or are the numbers reduce? where can i find the time table?

Selcuk Nov 13, 2015 at 8:58 PM

We are to arrive at Izmir Airport at around 10:20 am and wish to process to Selcuk where we are staying for a while. One reads that Izmir-Selcuk train (there is one at 11:45 am) is a cheap option and that the railway station at the Izmir Airport is easily accessible. However some reviewers have commented that the trains which start from Izmir are crowded and getting on them with luggage and then getting a seat is a problem. Is it really that bad? Anyone with personal experience to help us decide please?

Turkey Oct 26, 2015 at 3:56 AM

My partner and I plan to visit Turkey next year possibly in mid may. After some study, I have created an itinerary which we propose to follow and which is given below:- Day 1 Arrive Istanbul, Ataturk airport early morning; catch flight to Kayseri or Nevsehir. Night at Goreme. Day 2 Cappadocia day tour 1 Day 3 Cappadocia Day tour 2 Day 4 Flight from Kayseri / Nevsehir to Izmir; Night halt Kusadasi Day 5 Day Tour to Ephsus and Selcuk Day 6 Day tour to Pammukale Day 7 Day at Kusadasi Day 8 Pergamon, Troy, Gallipoli Tour day 1 Day 9 Pergamon, Troy, Gallipoli Tour day 2, ending in Istanbul Day 10 Istanbul Day 11 Istanbul Day 12 Istanbul Day 13 Dep from Turkey (Ataturk Airport). Please comment on the above. Any suggestions especially as to connections as indicated are most welcome. Also recommendations as to tour agents especially for the Troy / Gallipoli Tour (Kusadasi - Istanbul) are solicited. TIA

Goreme Nov 18, 2015 at 1:44 AM

We are travelling to Goreme next May and will reach Goreme at about 4 pm. We plan to spend two clear days after that. After reading suggestions on VT, we have decided to take the Hot Air Balloon and the Green Tour on Day One. The next day we plan to NOT take a tour but take a Dolmus to Uchisar and hike down the Pigeon Valley in the morning. Later, take a Dolmus to Cavusin and go up to Red Valley Plateau and thereafter to Avanos, Pasabag and Zelve. Request for 1. Comments and Suggestions on the overall plan. Can we do anything better? 2. Guidance on the second day when would be on our own.3. On the day we arrive, we have some hours before sunset. What can be done during this period? Is there time enough to go to Love Valley? We do not wish to visit Goreme Open Air Museum. Thanks

• tsokoholic's Profile Photo

Where to stay? Taksim or Sultanahmet

Istanbul Nov 11, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Which area is better to stay if you want to do some shopping for souvenirs like lamps and ceramics? Taksim or Sultanahmet? Any reccommendations for accommodation and shopping?

• How safe is it to travel from US-Turkey(Istanbul)-India ?

Istanbul Yesterday

I have a 2 hour stop at Istanbul Airport while i travel from US to India on Dec 8, 2015. As many others i am concerned about safety aspects of the place given the tensions in surrounding countries.
      Is it safe for me to travel from USA to Istanbul and then to India in December 2015?

• KirstyS's Profile Photo

Visa at the airport

Istanbul Nov 18, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Hi all
      Could someone tell me about the process for obtaining a visa at the airport currency to pay in? ....cost? ...duration? and the such like ...thanks ...K;

• What are some free tourist attractions in Istanbul?

Istanbul Nov 13, 2015 at 4:00 AM

Best Tourist Attractions in Istanbul

• Christmas in istanbul safe?

Istanbul 18 hours ago

I have planed my trip since september.
      Istanbul 24-27 of December.
      But, hearing all thats been going on with terrorist attacks i am a little bit alarmed and worried..... I do not want to cancel my trip nor be afraid.
      Can someone please give a picture of how is situation in Turkey now?
      Thanks in advance

• bus station

by anniem1 Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 5:40 AM

is the ministar hotel far from the bus station we are coming by domus from bodrum to bitez in october thanks

1 Answer Jul 12, 2014 at 6:35 AM
    • single in bitez

by alaskandaisy Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 3:21 AM

hi is anyone going to bitez in turkey in september as i could do with some company now and then
      i will be there from the 12th september for 15 days

1 Answer Jul 10, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    • Dolmus queen apartment Bitez to Gumbet Cove

by JaneFethney Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM

We will be staying at the queen apartments in August. We need to go to a hotel called the Gumbet cove. Can anyone tell us where we can get on the dolmus and how near to the Gumbet cove hotel can we get?

• weather in late May and early June

by LittleTowie Online Now Dec 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM

We are planning a villa holiday late May/early June. What is the waether like then? Also some of the comments mention "breeze" and "breezy" - can you clarify this? Do they really mean breeze or wind??

1 Answer Dec 28, 2013 at 4:18 AM
    • bobfishone's Profile Photo

bitez bars

by bobfishone Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 7:29 AM

can anyone give advice on decent bars in bitez ...staying in the orion hotel end of june for 2 weeks?

1 Answer Jun 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    • Bitez, turkey seafront seating.

by traveltoes Online Now Apr 18, 2012 at 5:27 AM

Is there public seating along the seafront inBitez. Sometimes I don't want to be drinking and eating but just like to sit and read or take in view. Not a beach person as sand irritates my skin but love looking out to sea. I would be in Manuela hotel area but don't want to stay by pool. Also does anyone know if Manuelas entertainment is on in May.

• Flat for walking about

by traveltoes Online Now Feb 3, 2012 at 2:37 AM

I would like to know if you can recommend a preferably self catering with balcony studio or apartment for solo mature lady not remote, up hills or very noisy. like to use the dolmus or walk on flat. I have been looking at Bitez need a low budget but clean place. any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated. Have been to Altinkum area but would like a change.

2 Answers Feb 9, 2012 at 4:16 AM
    • Restaurants in Bitez, Bodrum peninsula

by Aquadaisy Online Now Jun 7, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Hey there, just wondered if anyone knew the name of an amazing, non- tourist, restaurant that I went to a few years ago in the back streets of Bitez? It was very upmarket and unusual in that it had several white four poster beds in an orchard that you could sip your cocktails on before dinner. The turkish cuisine was served sitting in the garden which was full of Antique style Italian furniture. It was so excellent and I am so sad I have forgotten the name of it as I am going back to Bodrum in a few weeks. Cheers.

1 Answer Jul 11, 2011 at 11:59 PM
    • imba apartmens

by drummp Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 6:32 AM

2 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    • prices in bitez

by torimollie Online Now Mar 19, 2010 at 9:27 AM

going to bitez 15th may 2010 have no idea what a turkish lira buys you.
      could someone please tell me how much a decent 2 course meal for two with wine asnd things like buses and drinks as we have no idea how much lira to take for two adults for 1 week s/c. Any info would be gratfully recieved thanks.

2 Answers Mar 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM
    • temp

by drummp Online Now Mar 7, 2010 at 11:20 AM

going to bitez 27th june 2010 can anyone give me the temp fpr same time 2009

1 Answer Mar 7, 2010 at 11:27 AM
    • drummp

by drummp Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 12:35 PM

were off bitez on 27th june 2010 staying at the imba apaetments cold anyone
      let me know what the mosquito &cockroach situation is in bitez and if you have any good tips to stop getting bitten could you please let me know

2 Answers Feb 1, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    • how far from bitez to dideman aqua park

by janetwinter4 Online Now Apr 25, 2008 at 8:24 AM

does anyone have a entry price for aqua park and cost of travel from bitez to this park, 2 adults and 4 teenageers

• Beach

by ANTNDEC Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 3:35 PM

Is there any part of Bitez beach where you don't have to sit in uniform lines of sunbeds and umbrellas?

2 Answers Aug 14, 2007 at 5:31 AM
    • StefEverill's Profile Photo

Visiting Bitez in August

by StefEverill Online Now Jul 25, 2007 at 5:58 AM

This will be my first time to Turkey. Have enjoyed reading the reviews on Bitez and am looking forward to visiting.

My hubbie and two sons would be interested in a beginner's scuba diving course. Would anyone know if this is available in/around Bitez?

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Aug 1, 2007 at 11:51 AM
    • how much to bodrum?

by tartanbill Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 8:34 AM

hi can anyone give me a price dolmus and taxi from bitez to gumbet and bodrum thankyou

• Distance from Gumbet to Turgutreis

by katboglil Online Now May 20, 2007 at 10:38 AM

Hoping to meet up with friends who are staying in Turgutreis when we go on holiday.

Would appreciate if anyone could let us know the distance between the two resorts.

5 Answers Jun 9, 2008 at 1:16 PM
    • Bitez or Side - which resort is best?

by christine641960 Online Now Mar 24, 2007 at 3:42 AM

I am stuck between 2 resorts; Side or Bitez and reviews are all varied. Which is better for middle aged couples who like history, culture and reasonably quiet night life and NOT English food on every corner. Also disbled so hills are out. Can anyone help?

4 Answers Mar 24, 2007 at 2:28 PM
    • Haggling down the price of goods

by christine641960 Online Now Mar 21, 2007 at 7:07 AM

I am off to Bitez at the beginnig of may and have been told that you haggle the price down to a third of the asking price when buying goods, though someone else told me this only happens in Tunisia/Egypt - is that correct? I don't want to offend either way.

Also what can I expect of the weather as its really mixed reviews.

AND the last question posted regarding driving worried me a little. I am disabled and it is easier for us to hire a car and get around than be pushed to theback of the queue to get on coach toars (as well as liking our own privacy and our own agenda). We are used to drinving in Greece, France and Spain. Is is just that the road customs are not adhered too or are there other issues to worry about. We will only be driving aat the most 2-2.5 hrs either way from Bitez.

Thanks for you help.

Report Advertising or Inappropriate Posting

1 Answer Mar 24, 2007 at 2:09 PM
    • Driving....

by Sharon_40 Online Now Aug 21, 2006 at 9:29 AM

Have heard driving in Turkey can be a little dangerous.... Am considering a villa holiday which comes with car hire... What is the drive like from Bodrum airport to Bitez...

Not sure we'll need a car as Villa is centrally located and we can get dolmus around and about... prob cheaper once you factor in insurance charges etc....

Also - if anyone has stayed at Villa Arya I, II or III - do you have any feedback???

Planning to go last 2 weeks Sept...
      Many thanks

2 Answers Aug 21, 2006 at 12:35 PM
    • Halikarya Hotel

by dorton Online Now Aug 16, 2006 at 7:06 AM

I am going to Bitez in September,has anyone stayed at the Halikarya Hotel or know anything about it, I would really appreciate any information.Thanks

• Dedeman Resort Bitez

by planning Online Now Jul 25, 2006 at 8:44 AM

Has anyone stayed at the Dedeman Resort Hotel in Bitez? I just want to know what to expect when I arrive! I'm also anxious as to how far it is from the beach. Can anyone help as I can't find information on this hotel anywhere on the net!!

Also can you recommend any activities or outings to do during the day in Bitez.

2 Answers Jul 26, 2006 at 5:08 AM
    • Bitez in August

by AuntyT Online Now Jul 11, 2006 at 9:28 AM

Hi there, I'm going to Bitez in August wityh my partner-it's our first holiday together and we're in our 40's (!) - the reports sound great and am looking forward to it - has anyone heard of the Mandarin Garden Apartments ? I know they are pretty basic but I'm begining to get nervous ! Haven't had a holiday for a very long time so this was a spur of the moment decision :)
      many thanks,

1 Answer Apr 17, 2007 at 1:40 PM
    • sah hotel

by wenton Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 4:55 PM

has anyone visited this hotel or know anything about it I beleive it is exclusive to sovereign holidays it looks chic in the brochure

1 Answer Jan 21, 2007 at 6:59 AM
    • Hotel Kassandra

by Frannywanny Online Now Jun 10, 2006 at 2:03 AM

Am going to Hotel Kassandra can any tell me what its like, good restaurants in area and idea of prices of meals.

• I have never been to Bitez.......Whats it like and what can i get up to thats good?

by twinnee Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 3:13 PM

Hi. Whats it like in Bitez and what sort of things can i do when i am over there?

1 Answer Jun 2, 2006 at 10:30 AM
    • Pegra's Profile Photo

Permanent residents in Bitez

by Pegra Online Now Apr 20, 2006 at 2:53 PM

We are contemplating moving from Norway to Bitez - we are a couple with a 13 year old girl and a Border Collie. We have lived in Kenya for many years, but for the last two in Norway. Are there many permanent residents in Bitez - from which countries?

Would be very happy for some input!

Cheers, Petter

3 Answers Apr 21, 2006 at 10:42 PM
    • Katington's Profile Photo

tips and recommendations

by Katington Online Now Jul 3, 2005 at 10:10 AM

Hi there,
      just wondering if anyone who's been to bitez has any recommendations or tips about the resort.

I'm going on a holiday there for one week and i'd like to know what to do, what to see, places to eat out etc...

6 Answers Jun 12, 2006 at 10:02 AM