change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nelsondb63's Profile Photo

BLUES ZONE

Chicago Aug 11, 2015 at 5:05 PM

I've been in Chicago 14 years ago, I remember we went to a street where you could find many blues clubs. Once you enter on the 1st one you had to pay an entrance fee, then they gave you a wristlet which you could use to get into any of the blues clubs on the same street/area, as many clubs as you wanted. Now I'm going to visit the windy city again and I wonder if anyone knows which is the place/street/area I'm talking about. Is it still exists? Thanks for your help! I'd appreciate it very much

more
    • RobynH13's Profile Photo

Traveling to and around Chicago for the first time :)

Chicago Aug 9, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Hi. I'm coming into Chicago this week for the first time. I've never navigated public transportation before. I'm headed from O'Hare, to my airbnb downtown, to Soldier Field. I'm petrifield of missing a stop, or not finding the spots I need to go to for the bus/eL. Are they easily navigated by newbies?

Also, I have to take the UPN (is that right? lol) to Great Lakes the next day.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advace.

more
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Public order and safety

Chicago Jul 31, 2015 at 8:35 AM

Hi dear fellow travelers and especially citizens of Chicago,

As far as I remember last celebration of July 4 was, let me say, noisy in Chicago. The butcher’s bill was seven shot dead including seven years boy whose father has been arrested forty three times but was never imprisoned and who probably was the real target, plus forty wounded. So, my question is, what areas, blocks of Chicago are safe and what dangerous. What areas white European should never enter, should no enter during dark time and so on.
      I hope central part of the city including area with Chicago Institute of fine arts is relatively safe as any European city.

Thank you in advance.

more
    • Sharonov's Profile Photo

Swimming Pools for Visitors

Chicago Aug 6, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Here am I, a Chicagoan, Asking this question: where can my visiting grandkids go to swim in a pool? They've been to the beach, of course, since we live on this big lake. However, their father would like to take them to a pool--and we can't find one that admits people without a membership! The park district requires proof of residence, and for many reasons too long to explain, neither my husband nor I can go with. So.........anybody know of a pool where they can just pay to get in for a few hours?

The park district, unfortunately, has mostly indoor pools that are extremely regulated. The one near us, for example, closes the pool most of the day for water aerobics, day camp, etc., so that's out.

more
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Transportation from Chicago, Illinois to Detroit, Michigan

Chicago Jul 30, 2015 at 4:47 AM

What is the best (fastest, cheapest) way to get Detroit, Michigan from Chicago, Illinois? Train? Bus? Airplane?

more
    • Suburb near Chicago for Families

Chicago Jul 30, 2015 at 9:16 PM

Traveling to Chicago from Columbus Ohio with a 16 and 6 year old for Labor Day Weekend and looking for a suburb suggestion for safe, nice area to stay with about a half hour rail commute into the city? Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

more