Bishop Travel Answers

change location
bernsie's Profile Photo

where to stay in Bishop

by bernsie Online Now Oct 18, 2004 at 3:14 AM

Hi, I'm planning on visiting Bishop in November. Any advice on where to stay? cheers

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • spartan's Profile Photo

Re: where to stay in Bishop

by spartan Online Now Oct 18, 2004 at 9:35 AM

Hi, We stayed at the Rodeway Inn...very nice facility with a pool, morning continental breakfast and right in the middle of town. For more information, go to our BLewJay homepage (Bishop). Spartan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bernsie's Profile Photo

Re: Re: where to stay in Bishop

by bernsie Online Now Oct 18, 2004 at 7:15 PM

Hi Spartan, Thanks for the reply. I wrote to Rodeway and they reverted with a rate of USD85+tax per night . Is that expensive? What about the location? Was it easy to get around? Did you have to drive around most of the time? My boyfriend and I are planning to drive from Yosemite into Bishop to do some trekking and perhaps some climbing - hopefully the weather won't be too cold (We're from Asia). cheers,

• spartan's Profile Photo

Re: Re: where to stay in Bishop

by spartan Online Now Oct 18, 2004 at 11:59 PM

Hi Bernadette, I just went to their website and plugged in some dates to see what rates I get and I found 3 rates...$72.00 (Smoking/Queen size bed),76.50 (Non-Smoking/King size bed) and81.00 (Smoking/2 Queen size beds). Try going to their website for exact dates and rates...http://www.rodewayinn.com The town is not that big, so it's an easy walk from end to end, plus it's right in the middle of town (next to a park). Yosemite is not far away, but you may also want to visit Mt. Whitney (tallest mountain in the lower 48 states) and Mono Lake. I've got some write-ups on both places on our BlewJay VT pages. Spartan

• Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

Re: where to stay in Bishop

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Oct 30, 2004 at 7:43 PM

I stay in Bishop often on business trips and the best is the Holiday Inn Express ask for a suite room. Walk about one block south to the Wiskey Creek for dinner. Yes you need to drive this is cowboy country. If you have time drive out to Body the ghost town/state park.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines