Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rienne's Profile Photo

Backpacking Group tour operator for Central Asia

Kyrgyzstan Apr 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Hey guys

I am planning to visit the Central Asia this summer (probably Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan) and was looking for a tour operator that offers backpacking tours for groups (i.e. for individuals to travel together, and not for already existing groups that plan a trip together).

I have traveled like this before and loved the spirit of the group of like-minded travelers from all over the world that I shared my experiences with as well as the fact that I could enjoy the trip, instead of wasting my time organizing accomodation or transportation (so please don't come up with the recommendation that I should travel there on my own ;)).

I am 25 years old and looking for a tour where people are around my age. The trip should be a broad mixture of activities and should visit the big cities as well as some hidden spots.

Has anyone already done a trip like this or can suggest any operators that provide such group tours?

I am thankful for any advice!

more
    • bisbj's Profile Photo

Skiing from Bishkek 2014

by bisbj Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 3:19 AM

I am working in Bishkek and interested in going skiing on the weekends; either for one or two days. The cheapest way is to go to the closest resorts with a local operator, where you can get an all-inclusive package for 1,500 Som ($30) covering transport, ski rental and lift ticket. I have not yet managed to test this, as they have vehicle issues...

Better resorts are about 100 km away and one can get 4WD transport for the day for $85. The car can take up to 4 passengers; there would be additional costs for a lift pass (around 600 Som) and ski rental (600 Som).

If you are interested in sharing transport on any of the following days: 15-16/2; 22-23/2; 1-2/3; or 8-9/3; send an email to bisbjerg at attglobal.net

• jorjchoi's Profile Photo

Who wants to be Nomads?

by jorjchoi Online Now Dec 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Hi, everyone.

Thread title is irrelevant, by the way. LOL.

Real Questions are:
      1. What's the better option for a lone traveler like me who wants to travel in Kyrgyzstan for a month - Do it Yourself or a tour company? (Should be budget wise as i'm as poor as a lone tree in the desert).
      2. Is it fine if I travel first to Kazakhstan then overland to Bishkek?
      3. Wanna go with me?

6 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • GIPA's Profile Photo

LETTER OF INVITATION TO KYRGYZSTAN

by GIPA Online Now Dec 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Please , anyone could explain me how does it function?
      I am brazilian.
      Thanks in advance.
      GIPA

5 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    • Traveling south of Bishkek early March - What not to miss?

by Matthias78 Online Now Jan 19, 2012 at 4:48 AM

I have two days to get from Bishkek airport to Suusamir (down on the M41, close to the junction left to Kochor) and I am looking for an overnight stay in the mountains on the way down there. I need to cross the Too Ashuu pass in possibly wintery conditions so I would be interested in suggestions for a pretty village to try to stay in for the night. All tips welcome.

3 Answers Jan 21, 2012 at 4:35 AM
    • Hi I will be going to Bishkek on the 26th DEC and need a place to stay.

by pss1032 Online Now Oct 12, 2011 at 8:20 AM

Can someone pls tell me what price to expect for a apartment for 2 weeks? In the city .

• Living costs in Bishkek

by icanfly Online Now Sep 5, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Hi! I am moving to Bishkek in a week, I will be working there for about 6 months. I was wondering if you can tell me sth about the living costs in Bishkek: how much does it cost to rent a flat, food prices, is going out expensive etc. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rebeca

2 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 4:20 AM
    • MASHK's Profile Photo

from Almaty to Bishkek

by MASHK Online Now Sep 5, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Dear friends
      my destination is Almaty and I'm thinking to go Bishkek with train ,can I do it or not?and what about the time and cost?thanks

3 Answers Sep 5, 2011 at 1:34 AM
    • Kyrgyzstan-internal travel

by treetonmiller Online Now Feb 22, 2009 at 2:22 AM

I'm looking at travelling between the following:
      Almaty airport to Bishkek
      Bishkek to Cholpon-Ata
      Cholpon-Ata to Karakol
      Karakol to Almaty

Can anyone help with journey times by car and what the taxi/bus fare would be

Cheers

Jim

4 Answers Mar 9, 2010 at 8:20 AM
    • ZUM

by Jazgul Online Now Oct 23, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Can you please ask the worker in ZUM, I guess it's on 3rd floor, it's in MP3 and camera selling section. I bought an MP3/MP4(video)player on August 10 and they didn't give me any receive check and it broke down and I wanted to replace it , but Apple company wants to receive any information that I relly bought it. So I really need your help. I bought it from a girl(I do remember it) and her boot(place)is near the pircing center. So when you step from stairs walk straight, turn left and the first left after piercing center is that place. I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

2 Answers Nov 26, 2009 at 3:31 AM
    • Bishkek: Gettting from the airport to the long distance bus station

by Mel. Online Now Aug 18, 2008 at 4:02 AM

Is there a local bus that goes from the airport to the long distance bus station?

Should I take a bus to the center and then take a taxi to the long distance bus station? Would that be a much more economical option?

Are the taxis safe?

How much would a taxi from the airport to the bus station cost?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2008 at 5:18 AM
    • meeting people

by frimar Online Now Apr 13, 2008 at 10:33 PM

I just started to work in Bishkek for a year and would like to meet some people outside my own organisation who'd like to go out for a beer occasionally (locals or expats). For me a chance to learn more about the city and the country, for you it could be an opportunity to practise your English.

4 Answers May 16, 2008 at 9:55 AM
    • Flying to Bishkek

by yoursnonly Online Now May 11, 2007 at 4:43 PM

I'd so love to know about bushkek a bit and then I'd wanna know about the flights that fly there from malmö, Swedon or copenhagen, Denmark. And i wanna do it between 25th of july n come back shall be before 20th of august. Would be so nice of if i get to know about the cheapest way to get there or fly. Would be even more helpfull if i get some info about the visa and stuff!!! thanx

2 Answers Aug 14, 2007 at 8:49 AM
    • mirko77's Profile Photo

Overland from Bishkek to Tashkent

by mirko77 Online Now Mar 25, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Dear all,
      we are planning to visit Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan in April/May.
      Does anybody know how long does it take to go from Bishkek to Tashkent overland and if it is safer to
      (a) book a private tour/transfer with a guy with a jeep or something;
      (b) Take a train, possibly an overnight train
      (c) Take a public bus
      Thank you for the help!

Mirko

2 Answers Apr 14, 2007 at 2:15 PM
    • !!! Who can send Invitation Latter From Kyrgyzstan to Pakistan ? ? ?

by Yankeez Online Now Sep 29, 2006 at 8:27 AM

I want to spend my holidays in Bishkek,thats why i needed the invitation latter from a registered tourism agency,who can help me?
      Business invitation is also acceptable.
      BR
      Kashif Khan

1 Answer May 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    • !!! Who can send Invitation Latter From Kyrgyzstan to Pakistan ? ? ?

by Yankeez Online Now Sep 29, 2006 at 7:44 AM

I want to spend my holidays in Bishkek,thats why i needed the invitation latter from a registered tourism agency,who can help me?
      Business invitation is also acceptable.
      BR
      Kashif Khan

• john2779's Profile Photo

planning a trip to bishkek in janurary

by john2779 Online Now Sep 14, 2006 at 3:12 PM

well hoping to take a trip in janurary to feburary sometime. is it cool for americans? what should i not do?

2 Answers Oct 2, 2006 at 12:13 PM
    • brasilieiro's Profile Photo

Flight: Bishkek to Bangkok

by brasilieiro Online Now Jul 17, 2006 at 11:23 PM

Hi everybody - could somebody tell me, how I can got from Bishkek to Bangkok ?
      and how much might be the Flight ? I am planning to come with Turkey Airlines there - but I would like to fly further to Bangkok ! Can somebody get me connected to a Travelagency there in Bishkek ) Thanks in Advance !

1 Answer Aug 1, 2006 at 8:18 AM
    • Trekking in the region, life in Bishkek

by chrisknight Online Now Jul 11, 2006 at 2:06 PM

Hi guys - I am working in Bishkek last week of July and have a few days to spend exploring from Friday 28th to Tuesday 1st August. I'm particularly interested in trekking areas with wildlife so any ideas greatly appreciated. Also any advice on must-see places in Bishkek itself would be good to keep me occupied!

Cheers

2 Answers Jul 21, 2006 at 4:18 AM
    • tacdrvr's Profile Photo

Looking for information and a friendly face.

by tacdrvr Online Now May 23, 2006 at 6:38 AM

June 21, 2006 or there abouts, till about July 5:

I fly into Manas and would like to see a friendly face when I arrive.

I know I can get Visa for Kyrgyzstan, but can I get it for Kazakhstan there also? Or maybe at the Embassy in Bishkek?

I heard I could get an instant Visa, for the right price, to enter China, at the border. How true is that?

I would like a companion, on and off for about two weeks.

I need to go to the Embassy for certified documents.

Are there ATM's to get money? Is VISA accepted? I assume U.S. dollars are.

Need to get passport stamp at Kazakhstan border and/or China border.

I don't mind paying for the help to accomplish this, i.e. a tour guide.

How is the rail system to China?

Business first, then would like to go hiking or to the lake and just have fun.

Any assistance for the tour guide part or just information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

11 Answers Apr 4, 2010 at 2:56 AM
    • Flight Istanbul-Bishkek

by giroflee Online Now Mar 29, 2006 at 8:35 AM

Hi,
      Does anyone know the price of a flight ticket from Istanbul to Bishkek? And how often the planes are flying to this direction?
      Thanks to let me knwo as I am preparing a trip to Kg.

1 Answer Apr 4, 2006 at 9:46 AM
    • looking for apartment

by fourstar Online Now Mar 8, 2006 at 8:14 AM

Will be in Bishkek from the 12th April to 20th April looking for a short term apartment rental. Realize i might have to rent for a minimum 2 weeks not a problem. 3 rooms plenty as i am 1 person there to do a bit of business

1 Answer Apr 11, 2006 at 12:22 AM
    • accommodation in Bishkek

by aloush965 Online Now Feb 4, 2006 at 9:32 AM

hello every body : i will be in Bishkek in 21Feb,2006. i might stay for 2 weeks,what i would like to find a good accommodation in Bishkek and if possible to meet VT there. thanks

2 Answers Mar 6, 2006 at 2:56 AM
    • lovesjetlag's Profile Photo

anyone in Bishkek?

by lovesjetlag Online Now Jul 28, 2005 at 5:27 AM

Any of you VTers in Bishkek between the 7th and the 8th of august?
      I'll be there for a couple of days, if anyone wants to meet for beer or a meal.
      cheers,
      Barbara

1 Answer Sep 29, 2006 at 7:36 AM
    • winter in bishkek

by jsimal Online Now Feb 8, 2005 at 4:44 AM

Is there any beautifull girl in Bishkek who wants to show the city to a spanish gay spending the febrery month?

5 Answers Sep 29, 2006 at 7:53 AM
    • crandell's Profile Photo

Maps of Bishkek?

by crandell Online Now Jun 13, 2004 at 5:16 AM

Anyone know where I can find online a map of Bishkek? Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Jul 31, 2005 at 8:20 AM
    • ardeni's Profile Photo

Pakistan to Bishkek

by ardeni Online Now Mar 29, 2004 at 10:43 AM

l'm thinking of going to Bishkek from pakistan, is anyone know what is the cheaper way to go ?

1 Answer May 15, 2004 at 7:21 AM
    • local nitelife in Bishkek

by Notta01 Online Now Jul 10, 2003 at 5:41 AM

My husband and i will be traveling to Bishkek to work and i was wondering what kind of entertainment i.e. local pubs there were around there. any and all info would be appreciated!

3 Answers Sep 29, 2006 at 8:05 AM
    • traveler43's Profile Photo

Bishkek in December

by traveler43 Online Now Sep 18, 2002 at 8:24 AM

I am thinking about going snow skiing in or around Bishkek in December. I have heard that airports may be closed during this time frame. Can anyone inform me of the weather conditions around Bishkek during December.

6 Answers Sep 29, 2006 at 8:08 AM