Bishkek Travel Answers

change location
mirko77's Profile Photo

Overland from Bishkek to Tashkent

by mirko77 Online Now Mar 25, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Dear all,
we are planning to visit Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan in April/May.
Does anybody know how long does it take to go from Bishkek to Tashkent overland and if it is safer to
(a) book a private tour/transfer with a guy with a jeep or something;
(b) Take a train, possibly an overnight train
(c) Take a public bus
Thank you for the help!

Mirko

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Overland from Bishkek to Tashkent

by SilkRoad Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 1:50 AM

hello Mirko!

I can help you with information. I think it will be better If you will go to Tashkent by air plain, because if you will go by car you will need kazakh transit visa... if you have it no problem. The road to tashkent from Bishkek going through kasakhstan - and at first you will cross kyrgyz-kasakh border, then kasakh-uzbekh border.
    If you need more information about Kyrgyzstan or Uzbekistan
    I will be glad to help you
    All the Best,
    Marina

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Overland from Bishkek to Tashkent

by angel1rbs Online Now Apr 14, 2007 at 2:15 PM

I took such a trip last November. We were limited in time so flew from Bishkek to Osh in morning and crossed by foot into Uzbekistan around 2pm. Flight not expensive. We arranged for taxi to meet us at airport and drive us to border crossing which cost around20 total for two of us. We also had arranged with Advantour to have a driver meet us on Uzbek. side and drive us to Tashkent with stops enroute which cost80. But one can take vans from border to various points including Taskent for much less. Since our time was limited this was ideal for us as the driver delivered us to our hotel which had already been booked too through Advantour. But there are many interesting villages in the valley to visit so if not in a rush to get to Tashkent travel more leisurely.
    Once in Uzbekistan travel by plane is very cheap to various points in the country and the train even less. Train is good between Tashkent to Samarkand and back. Roberta

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bishkek